[Q] Such bad luck with recoveries

Search This thread
Ok, I've tried several different roms and I always back up. I've used Oudhs, Clocworkmod and TWRP. No matter which one I back up with I never have any luck on restore. They all seem to restore ok but I get stuck in boot loops everytime. Factory reset doesn't help. Wiping caches don't help. This is just beginning to really drive me nuts. I don't really mind having to reinstall everything but jeez I just wish I knew what the deal was. I never had trouble on my Motorola Defy or my Galaxy S2 but I sure can't seem to get anywhere on the S4

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
It happens sometimes to me. When I get stuck after restoring nandroid, I get back into recovery and reflash the kernel and it boots the device. I am using philz recovery and its been working great.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Corwinder
It happens sometimes to me. When I get stuck after restoring nandroid, I get back into recovery and reflash the kernel and it boots the device. I am using philz recovery and its been working great.

Have you tried PhilzTouch yet?

Never used philz and never thought of just reflashing the kernel. I may try that though. Now to find the kernel. I should mention that I end up using Odin to reflash stock. Then I root and then custom recovery. That boots fine and for the most part all I'm ever doing is trying to restore a 4.4 rom I backed up.

Flashing a kernel worked. lol my phone doesn't think it's the stock kernel but it booted at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex9090

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
I use ROM manager premium, as well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1395617876403.jpg
    1395617876403.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: Karakoram2

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
Ok, I've tried several different roms and I always back up. I've used Oudhs, Clocworkmod and TWRP. No matter which one I back up with I never have any luck on restore. They all seem to restore ok but I get stuck in boot loops everytime. Factory reset doesn't help. Wiping caches don't help. This is just beginning to really drive me nuts. I don't really mind having to reinstall everything but jeez I just wish I knew what the deal was. I never had trouble on my Motorola Defy or my Galaxy S2 but I sure can't seem to get anywhere on the S4

I use OUDHs Touch recovery v1.0.3.3 in conjunction with Rom Manager and I have NEVER had that problem. Also, when I use Rom Manager to "Back Up Current Rom" I can NAME the backup file, and it goes into the recovery and uses the filename I have already typed in and it's a seamless operation. Even using restore via Rom Manager works seamlessly and it has NEVER balked on me.

The only time I had a problem was once using My Backup Pro and trying to do an on-line system backup. MMS, SMS, Call Log has always been absolutely perfect! No out of sequence messages, and all the pictures are restored correctly too!

Aloha and Good Luck!
BTW, I am on a Stock 4.2.2 with the latest M919UVUFNB4 (modem.bin) Flashed for the radio and it's reception qualities are better than it's ever been before!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you tried PhilzTouch yet?

Never used philz and never thought of just reflashing the kernel. I may try that though. Now to find the kernel. I should mention that I end up using Odin to reflash stock. Then I root and then custom recovery. That boots fine and for the most part all I'm ever doing is trying to restore a 4.4 rom I backed up.

Flashing a kernel worked. lol my phone doesn't think it's the stock kernel but it booted at least.
    Using the latest clockwork has always worked for me.

I use ROM manager premium, as well.