[Q] SIM card doesn't work in evita, but does in endeavoru

Search This thread

NyphoX

Sep 4, 2012
Well, hi there again.

I got a problem with my sim card not being recognized at all in one of my HTC One X(L).

The phone that I use all the time is the "endeavoru" with Android version 4.3.1, CM 10.2.1, kernel 3.1.10 and baseband version 5.1204.167.31. My sim card works all perfectly with this phone. The recovery version is CWM 5.8.4.0 and I got bootloader unlocked, Hboot 1.39.0000. The baseband I just posted was from the CM-overview, bootloader tells me I have "RADIO-5.1204.162.29". S-ON.

Now I have the "evita" with Android version 4.3.1, CM 10.2.1, kernel 3.4.72 and baseband version 0.24p.32.09.06_10.130.32.34L. In this phone, the card is not even recognized. I can put it in there however I want and it will not even ask for the PIN, a unlock code or anything - it just shows the small SIM card icon on the top bar with a question mark in it.
This phone is bootloader unlocked, S-OFF, CID-11111111 and Hboot 2.14.0000. The baseband version shown in the bootloader is the same but is cut off at the underscore. The evita is (vendor told me) unlocked. It is an AT&T phone I bought from USA and got it shipped to EU (germany). I use CWM 6.0.4.6 on this one.

These are all information I thought important, can anyone help me out and tell me why my sim isn't being recognized at all in my second phone but works perfectly in my first? Could it be a hardware issue and not even related to the data I posted? My carrier is btw eplus.

Thanks in advance,
NyphoX

//EDIT: Also, the sim card I use is a normal sim that I cut to the size of a micro-sim. Does that matter? I know that some apps don't work with that sim because they require the micro-version but can that really be the mistake?

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Have you tried any other SIM cards in the device to rule out the card as the problem? From what you're saying it looks like it's hardware related, try sticking a layer or two of tape to the back side of the SIM card.

Sent from my Evita

NyphoX

Sep 4, 2012
Be blessed for helping me again. Just one layer of tape worked... I demand a norm for sim card trays. ^^