Attention! HBoot 2.22 and it's risks. A small Guide for don't losing your data.

Search This thread

Klivarre

May 9, 2012
Munich
Hey folks,

after making few mistakes in the past flashing wrong recovery's and unlocking the One Mini with HBoot 2.22 I thought of making a little information thread for all users, who want to unlock/root/flash custom firmware on their phones.

Here are just few important things you have to check before flashing or unlocking:

Check if HBoot is 2.22:

First, go into the bootloader by pressing and holding the "Power + Vol. Down" Button with the phone on OR off, as long as the phone is in Bootloader.
Now you can check your HBoot Version.

- If it says HBoot 2.21 or lower, you just have to backup all of your SD-Data, just for security reasons.

- If it says HBoot 2.22, also backup your Data AND be careful which recovery you want to flash.

TWRP:

If you like TWRP, please DO NOT flash Version 2.7.0.0. or lower. WHY isn't really important for new users, just don't do it.
Few changes were made since HBoot 2.22 and older recovery's could instantly wipe all of your data and/or don't let you access your internal memory ("SD-card") for making a nandroid backup.

TWRP made a new Version 2.7.0.8. for you, so please use this one. Head over this link, for your download. If your are on HBoot 2.21 or lower, you can also flash the new one.

CWM:

If you like CWM, it's the same procedure, as older Versions may not work well with the new HBoot. For me, I cannot find any updated version and I am not sure which version works fine with new HBoot 2.22.
CWM 6.0.4.8. is the newest one, eventually somebody can confirm, that this versions works with the HBoot.

For the download, just follow this link and scroll down to the "m4" device. But I can say it again, please use only TWRP for now.

So for now, please use TWRP, it should work with all Custom Firmwares so far.

One last important thing: I am not 100% sure, if flashing a new recovery, even the new one, would wipe your data or not. So please be aware, that flashing a new one could erase all of your app data/settings/contacts/data on SD.
If it is possible for you, use the HTC Backup App to backup your data.

Hopefully I can help "newbies" to prevent them of losing all of their data by simply flashing a new recovery, just as I did.

If you have any questions, I try to keep this thread up to date and answer your questions with my knowledge I earned the last few days.

Have fun with your phone and a nice day!

Cheers,
Patrick

Last edited:

raptonicus

Nov 26, 2012
Athens
Redmi Note 10
I want to use clockwork recovery because the twrp-2.8.6.0-m4 dont let me access the backup of my stock rom
I can ensure you as it was the first time that I rooted my HTC One mini it was a very bad experience
Could somebody confirm me if it is compatible with 222 with no issues?

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
Patrick I owe you a great big thank you! ... I hope you get this reply, even though it may be over 2 years since your post.

Your tip solved a boot loop problem that has had me going crazy for over 3 gruelling days, and despite the fact that I had read, and tried every thing I could on here -
I recently posted for help, but sadly got none - how happy the day I stumbled across your post.

I am quite amazed how little response you have had,
and even more amazed that all the rom developers on here don't mention that TWRP can cause such problems with HBoot 2.22, even though it may be in other threads.
In my opinion stating what TWRP one would need with a specific rom should be stated on the top of an OP's actual rom page.
best regards man!
Kevin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

after making few mistakes in the past flashing wrong recovery's and unlocking the One Mini with HBoot 2.22 I thought of making a little information thread for all users, who want to unlock/root/flash custom firmware on their phones.

Here are just few important things you have to check before flashing or unlocking:

Check if HBoot is 2.22:

First, go into the bootloader by pressing and holding the "Power + Vol. Down" Button with the phone on OR off, as long as the phone is in Bootloader.
    Now you can check your HBoot Version.

- If it says HBoot 2.21 or lower, you just have to backup all of your SD-Data, just for security reasons.

- If it says HBoot 2.22, also backup your Data AND be careful which recovery you want to flash.

TWRP:

If you like TWRP, please DO NOT flash Version 2.7.0.0. or lower. WHY isn't really important for new users, just don't do it.
    Few changes were made since HBoot 2.22 and older recovery's could instantly wipe all of your data and/or don't let you access your internal memory ("SD-card") for making a nandroid backup.

TWRP made a new Version 2.7.0.8. for you, so please use this one. Head over this link, for your download. If your are on HBoot 2.21 or lower, you can also flash the new one.

CWM:

If you like CWM, it's the same procedure, as older Versions may not work well with the new HBoot. For me, I cannot find any updated version and I am not sure which version works fine with new HBoot 2.22.
    CWM 6.0.4.8. is the newest one, eventually somebody can confirm, that this versions works with the HBoot.

For the download, just follow this link and scroll down to the "m4" device. But I can say it again, please use only TWRP for now.

So for now, please use TWRP, it should work with all Custom Firmwares so far.

One last important thing: I am not 100% sure, if flashing a new recovery, even the new one, would wipe your data or not. So please be aware, that flashing a new one could erase all of your app data/settings/contacts/data on SD.
    If it is possible for you, use the HTC Backup App to backup your data.

Hopefully I can help "newbies" to prevent them of losing all of their data by simply flashing a new recovery, just as I did.

If you have any questions, I try to keep this thread up to date and answer your questions with my knowledge I earned the last few days.

Have fun with your phone and a nice day!

Cheers,
    Patrick