Backup battery case not CP12

Search This thread

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
Hi all.

I have a CP12 and it's great, the problem I have is that it increases the width of the phone, and it makes it more difficult to hold with my smallish hands.
Ebay has a ton of cases with battery that only increase the depth. is any of these any good?

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
Hi all.

I have a CP12 and it's great, the problem I have is that it increases the width of the phone, and it makes it more difficult to hold with my smallish hands.
Ebay has a ton of cases with battery that only increase the depth. is any of these any good?

These ones are junk. http://www.ebay.com/itm/5000mAh-Ext...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item3cd807fed6

I got another one from Brando, I'm sure it doesn't compare to Sony but is usable. I have the GPe model and made the deskclock app go in and out of dock mode until I disabled it. Sometimes if you are using phone while charging it stops charging requiring button to be pushed again, if left alone while charging it seems to do fine.

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
I have one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/4500mAh-Ext...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item1c38ac1acc

not the price I paid. The vendor on ebay removed hes or hers account all the sudden.
My device does not work and I contacted support and got my money back. ****ing prick..the vendor also promised to send a new unit but no parcel ever arrived.

To get mine to power up I need to plug in the power cable, have the phone in the case and then push the on/off button. Remove the cable and now it stays on for a while.
Yes mine does also turn it self off now and then and I need to push the button again....
To get rid of the dock mode when the charging case is turned on I just install a module with xposed framework that disables docking mode.

The issue I have is that the case does not register my device. If I push the button without having the cable connected it just flashes the lights a few times and turns off again. It acts like it doesn't have any device in the case..

I want to find a slim case with a PHYSICAL on and off switch. Not a micro switch that sends a 11 or 10101 signal to some motherboard inside the case and enables the charging. This solution is crap!

...theres no way im buying that sony battery case for that price and that tiny little battery inside

Last edited:

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
I have one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/4500mAh-Ext...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item1c38ac1acc

not the price I paid. The vendor on ebay removed hes or hers account all the sudden.
My device does not work and I contacted support and got my money back. ****ing prick..the vendor also promised to send a new unit but no parcel ever arrived.

To get mine to power up I need to plug in the power cable, have the phone in the case and then push the on/off button. Remove the cable and now it stays on for a while.
Yes mine does also turn it self off now and then and I need to push the button again....
To get rid of the dock mode when the charging case is turned on I just install a module with xposed framework that disables docking mode.

The issue I have is that the case does not register my device. If I push the button without having the cable connected it just flashes the lights a few times and turns off again. It acts like it doesn't have any device in the case..

I want to find a slim case with a PHYSICAL on and off switch. Not a micro switch that sends a 11 or 10101 signal to some motherboard inside the case and enables the charging. This solution is crap!

...theres no way im buying that sony battery case for that price and that tiny little battery inside
That does look like the second one I purchased from Brando. I also forgot to mention it has some kind of a matte anti-slip coating applied that is wearing off on the corners and edges.

http://shop.brando.com/Power-Jacket-for-Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra-4500mAh_p09950c1591d003.html

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
That does look like the second one I purchased from Brando. I also forgot to mention it has some kind of a matte anti-slip coating applied that is wearing off on the corners and edges.

http://shop.brando.com/Power-Jacket-for-Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra-4500mAh_p09950c1591d003.html

yep its the same.. where the phone sits i have glued pieces of cloth to fill the gap allowing for a tighter fit

edit: oh yea i forgot to mention.. the leg you can put out to hold up the device in horizontal mode broke the first time I tried it... glued it to the back with contact cement

Last edited:

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
Hi all

I was about to buy this http://mugen.co/mugen-power-4000mah-battery-case-for-sony-xperia-z-ultra.html . After i bought a new Samsung S5 i did not.

The battery i bought from mugen to my S5 is quite good and have a good quality so i believe it will be same for Xperia Z Ultra.

aTBKB1C.jpg

...dafuk?? $90 for a battery case?

len-brown-face-slap.jpg

kirpi_e

Actually additional shipping also needed so total cost is over 100$.

But as far as i see until now (2 Mugen brand battery covers) they are quite good quality and well built.

I am writing this just as a satisfied customer. Buying or not buying is your decision, i just suggested Mugen because i saw what is written about cheap battery cases at above messages.

Thanks

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
yes I understand you absolutely but my opinion is that an accessory should not cost that much :rolleyes: It's too much money if you count in the cash you already spent on buying the device alone.

The only issue with the cheap alternatives is the motherboard inside the battery case that is made by some unskilled chinese guy who don't know how to solder..
If you replaced the micro-switch with a physical on/off switch and isolated the components and used thicker cables so that the screen stop flickering probably from other radio frequencies disturbing the motherboard it would be just fine

Last edited: