make your IP address of your choice.

Search This thread

dilsunny2009

Jul 4, 2014
can anybody tell me that how can I change my IP address of my choice on windows or android so that I can use my cable net server anywhere anytime...plz. plz help

Sent from my A100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
I think it is impossible because we cannot control IP addresses alocation.
Try to use something like DynDNS or no-ip instead.

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
The internet works because you are prevented from doing that. Your carrier owns its ip block and assigns an address to you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fracture0

Jul 23, 2013
It's a little bit tough to answer you directly without more info as to what you are trying to achieve.

If you are talking about assigning a static IP address to your phone, on the mobile networks this is not possible AFAIK.

If you are talking about assigning a static IP address to your home WAN, you can talk to your ISP about doing this (they usually charge for it).
Another alternative as someone mentioned is to use a Dynamic IP DNS service, such as No-IP.com

Can you be more specific about your exact goals?

Reactions: dilsunny2009

Neorpowa

Aug 7, 2014
Eindhoven
Impossible, as far as I know, you can just ask for IP reassignment which wil give you a new IP adress. Not of your choice however.

mojito13

Aug 8, 2014
As someone said above, you're probably looking for DNS. You can't really change your IP address, but you can alter the last two digits of your IPv4/6. Is this what you're referring to?

BitGriff

Feb 11, 2013
Tyumen
bitgriff.blogspot.ru
You can assign any ip addresses only in private network.

If you have local net, you can assign ip addresses by:
  1. Manually
  2. DNS server zone
  3. DHCP

In the internet you can't assign ip addresses.

Best regards,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a little bit tough to answer you directly without more info as to what you are trying to achieve.

If you are talking about assigning a static IP address to your phone, on the mobile networks this is not possible AFAIK.

If you are talking about assigning a static IP address to your home WAN, you can talk to your ISP about doing this (they usually charge for it).
    Another alternative as someone mentioned is to use a Dynamic IP DNS service, such as No-IP.com

Can you be more specific about your exact goals?