[THEME][PORT] S5 theme for GT-i9305 + installable fonts

Search This thread

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
Hello all

I've been playing around trying to port Kik0o's and DrKaot's s5 theme for my i9305, because most things became weird

I now present you my ported version for i9305 :D

BEFORE CONTINUE, BE AWARE THAT I TESTED THIS WITH AMCHA ROM V3.10 (XXUENA2) AND AMCHA ROM V4.0 (XXEUNC1). IT MAY NOT WORK ON EVERY XXEUNA2 OR XXUENC1 FIRMWARES, BUT YOU ARE FREE TO TRY IT OUT AND REPORT HERE

DO NOT FLASH THE WRONG VERSION OR YOU MAY SOFTBRICK YOUR DEVICE

-----------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Backup your ROM, otherwise you can endup with a soft brick
2. Download the zip and flash in recovery
3. Wait it finish. First boot will take some time.
4. Enjoy :)

SCREENSHOTS

View attachment 2720661

View attachment 2720662

View attachment 2720663

View attachment 2720664

DOWNLOADS

XXUENA2 VERSION - temporally removed

XXUENC1 VERSION - temporally removed

UNIVERSAL VERSION - temporally removed (please test and give feedback)

View attachment 2721532

BONUS

S5 instalable fonts available in download section.

Just download it and install normally. Then go to fonts and select S5 font :D

NOTES

- Please, for those who are about to test it on another roms than AMCHA's one, report result here

- I do not have much free time, so don't get mad if not answer you or if my response is delayed

- I do not pretend to port it to another devices

- I am not responsible for anything that can happen, the awares were given above

- If you want a different color in statusbar and you know the decompile stuff, change the value of notification_background_color in /res/values/drawables.xml to the value you want in hex. I didn't changed it to became exactly like s5's one because it does not looked nice in our device

- You can use THIS to have a nicer look

THANKS

Special Thanks go to:
@DrKaOt (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/mod-s5-systemui-t2673752)
@Kik0o (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/theme-galaxy-tab-pro-icons-flat-touchwiz-t2612210)
@Zyr3
(http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/theme-s5-quick-settings-gt-i9300-t2717713)

If you're gonna use this, please give proper credit and link to my thread

Last edited:

jamas79

Oct 1, 2010
This works excellent on my i9305 running TGP 16.01 based on XXUENA2. You have made my day!
Short notice of what I see is themed:
* SystemUI
* Dialer
* Weather
* Settings
* Icons
* Music player

Last edited:

Patryk_GD

May 2, 2014
hi guys,
i had a lot of argues with playing in launcher and now i registered i hope that someone will help me.
first im glad to see that someone cares for 9305
i have rooted stock Rom
i9305XXUEMK1
will it work?
which one can i take to Flash my device?

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
hi guys,
i had a lot of argues with playing in launcher and now i registered i hope that someone will help me.
first im glad to see that someone cares for 9305
i have rooted stock Rom
i9305XXUEMK1
will it work?
which one can i take to Flash my device?

Im not sure if it will work, but you can make a nandroid backup and try ot out. Post your results here amog with some screenshots, please

Reactions: dark'em

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
I dont had a look at it, but im sure that exists a thread here with it. Im not sure it teaches, but surely is a change in the framework files (not sure if its just the apk)

There does exist a thread where a guy has posted NOTE 3 water colour effect but.......ge hasn't taught how to port it. I know something has to be changed in framework but I have no idea ,what has to changed and where. That's why I asked you regarding that.

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
Brother I own Galaxy s2 plus not s3. Do you want my framework ?

Im downloading the fix you said for s3, will try to figure it out what must be done, but expect not much as im no developer :(

Maybe the porter (@Arsaw) answer you more clearly

Edit: after a fast look, you need to mod framework-res.apk and android.policy.jar plus another Files pushed to media/audio/ui and a permission file in etc/permissions.

Contact the original dev to have more further assistence

Last edited:

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Brother ..... lol.....u can't even imagine how many times did I ask not even him but also many others on how to port Water colour effect but none of them responded. Idk why the guides *HOW-TO* are getting more and more less on xda. People are not giving them any more attention.

Coming towards the files which are needed to mod. I know which files are to be modded but I don't know what has to be modded inside them. Like in framework idk after decompiling what I have to do.
Hope you got what I mean.

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
Brother ..... lol.....u can't even imagine how many times did I ask not even him but also many others on how to port Water colour effect but none of them responded. Idk why the guides *HOW-TO* are getting more and more less on xda. People are not giving them any more attention.

Coming towards the files which are needed to mod. I know which files are to be modded but I don't know what has to be modded inside them. Like in framework idk after decompiling what I have to do.

I imagined you've already tried to contact them.. And yes, i do understand what you mean. I have disassembled android.policy.jar using THIS. I think you need to disassemble your original one and place some files of the modded one, the files i think will do the trick are below (in disassembled android.policy.jar):

** in com\android\internal\policy\impl\keyguard\sec
all the "WaterColorRenderer" ones
inkeffect folder
all the "LensFlareView" ones for lens flare

** the one hand ones are suposed to be in com\android\internal\policy\impl\sec

Maybe that do the trick, you can try this, recompile (in that tutorial have this part too) and push it to your phone. If you don't get a bootloop, probably the thing left to mod is framework-res, but this one i don't know what to do - yet

Some things i still don't know:
- how do the options appear in the lockscreen effect options menu
- i think its not in framework-res, because yesterday i messed up with my rom, replaced framework-res with one that hasn't light effect but the option was still there. But when i selected it, got bootloop :D

I want to figure it out too, if you made a progress, please let me know

Last edited:

android.zealot.fervor

Nov 8, 2013
★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
I imagined you've already tried to contact them.. And yes, i do understand what you mean. I have disassembled android.policy.jar using THIS. I think you need to disassemble your original one and place some files of the modded one, the files i think will do the trick are below (in disassembled android.policy.jar):

inkeffect folder

Maybe that do the trick, you can try this, recompile (in that tutorial have this part too) and push it to your phone. If you don't get a bootloop, probably the thing left to mod is framework-res, but this one i don't know what to do - yet

- i think its not in framework-res, because yesterday i messed up with my rom, replaced framework-res with one that hasn't light effect but the option was still there. But when i selected it, got bootloop :D

Brothet thanks for your support and concern. Well there is much more to place in android.policy.jar and in framework as well. This would take us ages to figure out what has to be done in order to get water colour effect. Only the developers can tell us.
brother I already contacted arsaw but couldn't get any response. Can you ask him maybe he may respond you.
Thanks once again.

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
Added universal version, intended to work on every i9305 4.3 roms. Please test and give feedback.

Reactions: panclorak

jamas79

Oct 1, 2010
Here is a pair of screenshots of my i9305 running TGP 16.01 with your theme. It also has the S5 fonts, Note 3 keyboards, sounds, bootanimation, and themed sms app and S5 launcher. It works flawlessly!

If I could I would make a whole update package.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399314254738.jpg
    1399314254738.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 358
  • 1399314453714.jpg
    1399314453714.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all

I've been playing around trying to port Kik0o's and DrKaot's s5 theme for my i9305, because most things became weird

I now present you my ported version for i9305 :D

BEFORE CONTINUE, BE AWARE THAT I TESTED THIS WITH AMCHA ROM V3.10 (XXUENA2) AND AMCHA ROM V4.0 (XXEUNC1). IT MAY NOT WORK ON EVERY XXEUNA2 OR XXUENC1 FIRMWARES, BUT YOU ARE FREE TO TRY IT OUT AND REPORT HERE

DO NOT FLASH THE WRONG VERSION OR YOU MAY SOFTBRICK YOUR DEVICE

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Backup your ROM, otherwise you can endup with a soft brick
    2. Download the zip and flash in recovery
    3. Wait it finish. First boot will take some time.
    4. Enjoy :)

SCREENSHOTS

View attachment 2720661

View attachment 2720662

View attachment 2720663

View attachment 2720664

DOWNLOADS

XXUENA2 VERSION - temporally removed

XXUENC1 VERSION - temporally removed

UNIVERSAL VERSION - temporally removed (please test and give feedback)

View attachment 2721532

BONUS

S5 instalable fonts available in download section.

Just download it and install normally. Then go to fonts and select S5 font :D

NOTES

- Please, for those who are about to test it on another roms than AMCHA's one, report result here

- I do not have much free time, so don't get mad if not answer you or if my response is delayed

- I do not pretend to port it to another devices

- I am not responsible for anything that can happen, the awares were given above

- If you want a different color in statusbar and you know the decompile stuff, change the value of notification_background_color in /res/values/drawables.xml to the value you want in hex. I didn't changed it to became exactly like s5's one because it does not looked nice in our device

- You can use THIS to have a nicer look

THANKS

Special Thanks go to:
    @DrKaOt (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/mod-s5-systemui-t2673752)
    @Kik0o (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/theme-galaxy-tab-pro-icons-flat-touchwiz-t2612210)
    @Zyr3
    (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/theme-s5-quick-settings-gt-i9300-t2717713)

If you're gonna use this, please give proper credit and link to my thread

This works excellent on my i9305 running TGP 16.01 based on XXUENA2. You have made my day!
    Short notice of what I see is themed:
    * SystemUI
    * Dialer
    * Weather
    * Settings
    * Icons
    * Music player

inkeffect folder
    all the "LensFlareView" ones for lens flare

** the one hand ones are suposed to be in com\android\internal\policy\impl\sec

What i can see is themed:
    * SystemUI
    * Dialer
    * Weather
    * Settings
    * Icons
    * Music player

Great :)
    Can you post a screenshot of your settings?
    Here is a pair om screenshot of my i9305 running TGP 16.01 with this theme. It also has S5 fonts, Note 3 keyboards, sounds, bootanimation, and themed sms app.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thats great, it worked beautifully :D