Can't charge with OEM Adaptor, Only with USB to PC

Search This thread

crazy_dr0id

Nov 17, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm having a charging issue and am lost on what else to try to fix this. I can't charge using my OEM adaptor and cable, only when connected to PC with USB. The USB cable that works with my PC is the same one I use with the adaptor.

The USB port is on my phone is good, charges fine when connected to PC (although much slower because of different mVS). Read a suggestion to make sure the tab part of the USB connector isn't bent, it doesn't look damaged at all and like I said, has zero problems connecting to my laptop.

Have tried almost everything except going back to stock, and nothing fixes it. I've turned debugging mode off and back on, restored a backup from before the issue began, completely wiped and reinstalled 2 different build of ROMs with and without apps, fixed permissions, tried different kernels, different USB cables...

The adaptor is in good condition. But when plugged in while my phone is on, it doesn't recognize that's it's connected. Previously it would give a false charging reading. If my device is off, sometimes I would get the grey bar battery, but now it's just vibrating every few seconds. Idk what to do...

crazy_dr0id

Nov 17, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I did format /data and /data/media (internal sdcard) I think right before the issue began in order to remove some old folded that would appear during cwm installations of zips from internal storage (e.g., hyperdrive for ex, which I haven't had installed since December) but that shouldn't screw up charging at all

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Dude, you're trying way to hard. You're charger is messed up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

crazy_dr0id

Nov 17, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I hope that's the case lol it worked for a bit last night until I unplugged it, then when I plugged it back in nothing happened... seems to only work if power cycled after being connected to my PC