[Q] Adapt Sound?

Search This thread

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
Has anyone used this?

I started it up the other night, plugged in my headphones and went through the steps.

Next thing I know, my stock Music app won't produce any sound through any sort of output. I can still get sound from Pandora and other things.

I finally realized that I had to turn off Adapt Sound.

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure what it is or what it does.

hitman4274

Aug 13, 2011
Not everyone hears the same as everyone else one ear could hear differently than the ear on the opposite side of said persons head and "adapt sound" is the attempt to solve this issue. I however flashed a kernel with beats support then the beats mod and I take care of the settings that way for awesome sound.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

ograyray

Jan 13, 2011
Not everyone hears the same as everyone else one ear could hear differently than the ear on the opposite side of said persons head and "adapt sound" is the attempt to solve this issue. I however flashed a kernel with beats support then the beats mod and I take care of the settings that way for awesome sound.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

That is exactly what im looking for. Thought i could "tweak" the system sound by running the adapt sound and lying to it telling the phone that i didnt hear the super high beeps, with the hopes it would turn those frequencies up. But that did not go as planned, Which kernel did you flash? In the meantime I'm reading through all the dif kernels.

Inline

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
That is exactly what im looking for. Thought i could "tweak" the system sound by running the adapt sound and lying to it telling the phone that i didnt hear the super high beeps, with the hopes it would turn those frequencies up. But that did not go as planned, Which kernel did you flash? In the meantime I'm reading through all the dif kernels.

Check out the ViPER4Android sound mod, simple installation and nothing to do through recovery. It has options to increased max volume level for headphones, speaker, and bluetooth. And not only that, there are dozens and dozens of other options to tweak the sound of your device. Plus in the thread there are a bunch of prepare sound profiles that tell you what to set all the settings to for various listening purposes!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app