[Q][SOLVED]One keeps rebooting/white HTC logo at welcome screen

Search This thread

santarulz

Apr 12, 2012
Hi guys,

So I tried to restore to stock to send it in warranty to fix that darn camera tint issue.
I was on ARHD 31.6 (based on 4.3 and Sense 5.5 international. I managed to restore my CID and MID without issues, then I relocked and put S-ON.
Now I get boot loops avery 2 minutes after starting fine in my old rom backup and every rom I tried installs fine but after boot I get the screen and when I unlock it the screen gets stuck to a white screen with HTC logo on it (welcome screen?) which is weird since power button responds but nothing else works, it just stays in the white HTC logo screen and then reboots after 1-2 minutes or so.
On top of that I get TAMPERED in the boot loader which was not there before. I managed to unlock it again but I cannot get it to stay on as long as to get S-OFF with rumrunner to then modify MID\CID and run a RUU to restore it.
Anyone has any ideea how I can make this fonctional enough to be sent to HTC?

Last edited:

santarulz

Apr 12, 2012
I think that my mistake was to enable back S-On. So does anyone has any idea on how to fix this? Have I managed to make myself a 600$ beautiful paperweight?

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi guys,

So I tried to restore to stock to send it in warranty to fix that darn camera tint issue.
I was on ARHD 31.6 (based on 4.3 and Sense 5.5 international. I managed to restore my CID and MID without issues, then I relocked and put S-ON.
Now I get boot loops avery 2 minutes after starting fine in my old rom backup and every rom I tried installs fine but after boot I get the screen and when I unlock it the screen gets stuck to a white screen with HTC logo on it (welcome screen?) which is weird since power button responds but nothing else works, it just stays in the white HTC logo screen and then reboots after 1-2 minutes or so.
On top of that I get TAMPERED in the boot loader which was not there before. I managed to unlock it again but I cannot get it to stay on as long as to get S-OFF with rumrunner to then modify MID\CID and run a RUU to restore it.

1- how stable is bootloader?

2- can you post a "fastboot getvar all" (remove IMEI and s/n)

3- what recovery are you on (name and version number please, not "latest")

4- what ROM are you on

Reactions: santarulz

santarulz

Apr 12, 2012
1- stable, works fine, no reboots there

2- fastboot getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: BM___001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4279mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

3- I am using TWRP 2.6.3.1 and I tried also 2.6.3.3 while I was testing KitKat roms which also had the same behavior as first post

4- I was using ARHD 31.6 when I decided to go back to stock and that is the backup I have (rooted with debug on) but that one does not have the white page with HTC logo after screen unlock but still reboots after around 2 minutes like the other roms.

santarulz

Apr 12, 2012

4- what ROM are you on

I also do not have access to a RUU since I am with Bell in Canada and they are the worst of them all...
That would have simplified things I think...

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I also do not have access to a RUU since I am with Bell in Canada and they are the worst of them all...

why not try a Guru Reset: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_2-24-401-1-zip/

UNSELECT "stock recovery", if it's still randomly rebooting, we may need to check partitions for corruption (let's hope not)

flash it through the recovery you have like any custom rom, and hope it holds; report back and we'll take it from there...

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

2- fastboot getvar all:

EDIT: is the above correct "N/A" on radio??? (or did you remove it)

Reactions: santarulz

santarulz

Apr 12, 2012
maybe, in the Guru Reset, there is "stock radio", select it!! but unselect "stock recovery" you don't need that!

and then do a getvar again

Ok, so that did the trick!

c:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4138mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

First try it got stuck for like an hour at 0%. I restarted it and tried again but did not selected any baseband (or stock recovery) to see if selecting those was making the aroma installer to get stuck. It went all that way like that but it was also bootlooping and showing the white screen. Then I installed it again with selecting baseband and it worked fine and rom is functional again. No bootloops and not more stuck white screen.
I wonder when the radio got wiped. I used the ENGHboot trick to modify cid\mid then run that su echo command to put LOCKED back then fastboot writesecureflag 3 to put S-ON. Weird but I learned something more today I guess :)

Thank you @nkk71. You saved me a lot of headaches :)

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ok, so that did the trick!

c:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14

First try it got stuck for like an hour at 0%. I restarted it and tried again but did not selected any baseband (or stock recovery) to see if selecting those was making the aroma installer to get stuck. It went all that way like that but it was also bootlooping and showing the white screen. Then I installed it again with selecting baseband and it worked fine and rom is functional again. No bootloops and not more stuck white screen.
I wonder when the radio got wiped. I used the ENGHboot trick to modify cid\mid then run that su echo command to put LOCKED back then fastboot writesecureflag 3 to put S-ON. Weird but I learned something more today I guess :)

Thank you @nkk71. You saved me a lot of headaches :)

:good::good: glad all good now

"First try it got stuck for like an hour at 0%" -> i've noticed that a few times myself when flashing stuff, but if i wipe cache and dalvik before (in recovery) before beginning the install, it goes smoothly. (but then again aroma has been known to freeze sometimes)

So if all is good now, could i kindly ask you to edit main thread title to include [SOLVED], thanks :)

santarulz

Apr 12, 2012
:good::good: glad all good now

"First try it got stuck for like an hour at 0%" -> i've noticed that a few times myself when flashing stuff, but if i wipe cache and dalvik before (in recovery) before beginning the install, it goes smoothly. (but then again aroma has been known to freeze sometimes)

So if all is good now, could i kindly ask you to edit main thread title to include [SOLVED], thanks :)

[SOLVED] added.

Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

4- what ROM are you on

why not try a Guru Reset: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_2-24-401-1-zip/

UNSELECT "stock recovery", if it's still randomly rebooting, we may need to check partitions for corruption (let's hope not)

flash it through the recovery you have like any custom rom, and hope it holds; report back and we'll take it from there...

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

2- fastboot getvar all:

EDIT: is the above correct "N/A" on radio??? (or did you remove it)
    Dlding now guru reset.
    I have not removed the radio, that is what it says. Could that cause it?

maybe, in the Guru Reset, there is "stock radio", select it!! but unselect "stock recovery" you don't need that!

and then do a getvar again