Choice of Launcher

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
HA thanks,
but all the real work was done by Maxwen and Lloir, I just updated it.

There is one bug... While accessing recent apps....
When eva i select a app from recent app... There is a graphic glitch...
See attachment
Rest all is good...

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392478734192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392478734192.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: mcgi5sr2

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
See attachment
Rest all is good...

Thanks Red de,
is the glitch the fact that it says no recent apps? If so I can only suggest you aren't using enough apps as once you have a screenfull (3) then it won't appear anymore. Once I have completed the guide I am writing up of what I did here, and how you will be able to see at what levle I have created this rom. Put simply sorting something like this out is still way above my pay grade.

I still really appreciate everyone pointing these out as it keeps my eyes peeled for them as I move forward.

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
Thanks Red de,
is the glitch the fact that it says no recent apps? If so I can only suggest you aren't using enough apps as once you have a screenfull (3) then it won't appear anymore. Once I have completed the guide I am writing up of what I did here, and how you will be able to see at what levle I have created this rom. Put simply sorting something like this out is still way above my pay grade.

I still really appreciate everyone pointing these out as it keeps my eyes peeled for them as I move forward.

Its like when eva I acces recent apps... Say it has 3 apps setting, whatsapp, insta... If i select insta... This graphic glitch appears and then I've to press back button.... It then jumps into insta.... And after clearing all the apps from recent apps... This glitch remains.. Reboot fixes this....

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
Its like when eva I acces recent apps... Say it has 3 apps setting, whatsapp, insta... If i select insta... This graphic glitch appears and then I've to press back button.... It then jumps into insta.... And after clearing all the apps from recent apps... This glitch remains.. Reboot fixes this....

Hi Red de,
I can't replicate this error. Was it a clean install? have you added any mods?

thanhi

Aug 24, 2010
See attachment
Rest all is good...

This bug is exist, most CM10 some times on sense rom, that mean when u clear all app, u free all memory, it's closed ur current launcher lol... cause HOV is low ram.
then u may press home button (or reboot).:good:

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
This bug is exist, most CM10 some times on sense rom, that mean when u clear all app, u free all memory, it's closed ur current launcher lol... cause HOV is low ram.

This shouldn't close the current launcher as its a protected app in the /system/app directory. Fingers crossed I will have a clean build of CM10 and then Slim soon, so I can start looking into these things on the correct level. It may be that a lot of these bugs have since been fixed already, and a good source build will give us a clean start.

Reactions: hrono20

komir

Nov 17, 2011
Hello! Great job with latest Slim, really enjoying in using it!
Have a question: is it possible to disable screen wake on swiping 3 hardware keys?Didin't find that in settings.I would like to wake only on Power button, as default...

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
Hello! Great job with latest Slim, really enjoying in using it!
Have a question: is it possible to disable screen wake on swiping 3 hardware keys?Didin't find that in settings.I would like to wake only on Power button, as default...

Hi sorry but that's currently above my pay grade, ie I don;t know how to do it! I'm currently synching the repository to build this from source, and will see if i can spot anything for it then.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Hi sorry but that's currently above my pay grade, ie I don;t know how to do it! I'm currently synching the repository to build this from source, and will see if i can spot anything for it then.

I don't have this phone anymore, just went here out of curiosity.
typically, these features are in kernel.
https://github.com/mathsz/f93_kernel/commit/506c738fa4e5c09a36164352ba4aa5367f3869cd

this might give you an idea. I did not write this code, merely pointing you to someone who did.

:highfive:

cheers.

Urvins

Apr 3, 2013
MUMBAI
Just Keep Launcher in Memory

No need to try anything. Just Keep Launcher in Memory.. there is an option in Launcher GUI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original thread port thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446166

sigpic4901061_4.gif

SlimBean PrimoU HTC One V
    Now with added SlimKat goodness
    ScreenShots below:
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-12-40-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-12-40-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-12-41-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-12-41-27.png

Downloads:
    SlimReboot-20140212.zip - 150.05 MB <- mega.co.nz
    SlimReboot-201402120.zip - 150.05 MB <- Dev Host
    Please note there is no GAPPs to download, so download your Google Apps from the PlayStore or other sources. Flashing GAPPS will mean overwriting Slim & customised GAPPs already incorporated and will probably cause you problems.

Installation Guide(Step by step)
    Install ADB and Fastboot tools
    sudo apt-get install Android-tools-adb apt-get install Android-tools-fastboot
    Download and push SlimRom-20140202-PrimoU.zip file to root of your SD card
    Reboot phone into recovery adb reboot recovery
    Do a backup(Highly Recommended)
    Install ROM(Do factory reset or full wipe before install)
    If you're S-OFF Reboot your almost done.
    If your S-On Reboot into bootloader adb reboot bootloader
    Plug phone to PC(Make sure you have installed fastboot drivers!!!)
    Push boot.img (in zip) to place where you have fastboot drivers
    Flash the boot.img using fastboot fastboot flash boot boot.img
    S-OFF: The boot.img is in the zip, and already flashed :victory:
    Reboot to system and enjoy flashed ROM!
    Reboot again and let the ROM settle.... This Rom has a long boot time, don't be concerned if it takes 5 minutes the first time.

Features:
    Phone.apk added (Thanks for pointing this rookie error guys!)
    Holo HD v2.1.1 or Nova Launcher 2.3
    Latest play store added
    Change in Dexorpt flags and other build.conf tweaks
    UI is adjusted closer to AOSP and dark
    Unused and extinct libraries and bloat removed
    Added sysnotify
    Added ES-Explorer & Catlog
    Host file updated with latest add blocks etc - http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1916098
    Added Google 5 black keyboard, and JB4.1.2 Lightweight Black Keyboard (love it, props @Shaftamlee
    Calendar Camera, Gallery, Mail, all updated to 4.4.2
    4.4.2 Quick Office added

Working:
    Everything so far in the SlimRebootv10 version
    Bugs:
    No One Time Initialising on my phone, you can just add the accounts after boot
    Please let me know...

Change Log
    20140212: Changed MMS apk
    20140210: Rebuilt from LLoirs orginal source
    20140208:Fixed Dialer issues :eek:
    20140207: Added Nova Launcher, and New lightweight Keyboard, fixed sync and torch issues.
    20140204: Updated Mail, sync adaptors, camera, gallery, calendar and others to 4.2.2 SlimKat Sources. Added QuickOffice to allow reading of work stuff ! (I've left the old dl link as I think the 4.4.2 apks may reduce stability, will test for the rest of the week)
    20140202: Added Adreno drivers and updated UI within a variety of apks
    20140130:Change log starts

Contributors Mcgi5sr2, Curtis1973, Lloir
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Custom recovery(TWRP or CWM)
    Based On: SlimBean 3.15
    Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20140212
    Created 2014-01-25
    Last Updated 2014-02-12
    What next:/ Opitimisation, ODEX, incorporation of CM Performance X.

This has been learning exercise for me, and I am currently working on a more complete reboot of the the original PrimoU version to see if I can squeeze more speed out of the phone, while keeping it stable.

Forgot to add that I recommend using this to help keep the phone snappy:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2360670
    and this ODEXing tool http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2390162 I ODEXed -all and noticed a significant improvement
    Also if you have nay GPS issues still this thread super useful http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11342772

Massive thanks to @Shaftamle @Lloir @Ticklefish @Curtis1973 @zsoltz @maxwen and also the wider XDA community for it tolerance of newbs

fixes

Next bug can't share anything using Bluetooth

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
    the dots from Slim I left in as a splash of colour, I have done this all over the place, with mixed results admittedly. I just didn't want a 100% black and white theme. I'll replace them and add my own colours in the next build.

The blue tooth issue is something I haven't tested, although I have a feeling it will be because I removed the .apk oooopss, here is a link for it:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!lt9hTaQQ!FAY-xgqiW4INySen1BEfWhwCVEdLt9r32wHF_x-sK2A Again this will be included in the next build, if there is still a problem please let me know. :)

Possible new camera, will mean replacing the gallery as well, let me know what you think, it will fix camera bugs, and linkage with gallery
    https://mega.co.nz/#!RwMxSTKA!lA4zZS08UBs7XLLCJx_5UPOQIuDSD-pFf2iJOy-m5d4

As for the link between camera and gallery I am aware of it, and equally frustrated, I may have to change or edit the camera app again its a job for the weekend :)

Glad you guys are playing with this :)
    Wanna Download this...Link is Down... :(

Guys link temporary disabled. Can u read? Don't ask for ETA's

Hi guys,
    I had a long training ride home yesterday and so rebuilt the rom from Lloirs original, given the recent errors and problems people were having I thought it best to leave the download link out until I thought I had it sorted again. I now think its all sorted, and would appreciate any feedback or bug squashing.

Both launchers are now working, and can be selected at any point, The Google 5 keyboard will need re-installing from the data folder if you want to use it. Or you can make your own choice of Shaftamlee s super keyboards from his own thread.

Hope you enjoy
    mcgi5sr2 Please do "changelog" , It is not clear what changes have occurred in the firmware???:confused:

The firmware change is for the Adreno 2xx drivers from this thread here:
    here on our forums thanks to Parkourz

As for a changelog, I'll put one up if any of the changes make a significant difference to what the end user can do, ie libraries etc. If its just optimisation or performance enhancing I'll presume people will want to update.
    Guys link temporary disabled. Can u read? Don't ask for ETA's

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk