Mobogenie apk Auto downloading on websites

Search This thread

meat-rack

Jul 26, 2012
I expect it everytime I download a rom or something. I'm used to it by now.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

nim92akaSean

Feb 17, 2012
Chennai
Yes that mobogenie apk is really irritating considering every time I go on to download something from mediafire or 4 shared it pops out its ugly head there.
And seriously how can somebody consider this an app store with some infected apps.Its high time Google puts a check on this particular app on their playstore.

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
This APK does not only install via the XDA/Tapatalk app. On a tablet (nexus 7) it downloaded via Chrome and AOSP browser. It does nothing on its own if you cancel it or remove it via downloads of your device. But it is annoying as hell..

L0k3n

Sep 20, 2013
I have it happen every now and then, but i dont let it bother me. i know better then to try and install it.

jime1

Jul 27, 2013
Center
Realme XT
Dont know what to say about this mobogenie.. It getting downloaded automatically is a daily routine for me now... Cant handle it.. Its spread like a virus all over the internet and infected it very badly!!:banghead:

Sent from my Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

SnakeHaveYou

Sep 8, 2010
The download pops even on XDA Website!!

I was on the LG G2 Original Android Development forum, and the Mobogenie download appeared! And i was on a fresh and clean install of PA, with Chrome..

Last edited:

jime1

Jul 27, 2013
Center
Realme XT
Its every where.. Every android smart phones.. Tablets ..opera. Chrome.. Uc web... Etc etc.. List is unending!
And so is mobo genie!

Sent from my Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

troubled_android

Nov 3, 2013
How is it possible to block this thing from downloading? I usually only have problem on dev-host site when trying to download stuff (with opera mini and maxthon browser) and I cant download nothing except this annoying app. Can we find a way to bypass it and download what we really want?

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda app-developers app

stipipoy

Jul 24, 2012
This parasite is everywhere! Keeps on auto downloading. And in Google Play, i think those people are being paid to give it 5 stars due to their biased and nonsense reviews or perhaps to keep the apk on top. I hate it. Flagging the apk as innapropriate seems to be futile. Google needs to do something about it asap! I think minmin guard was able to block this. I haven't tried lately since i have to reformat my phone after editing my ROM.

Sent from my [Root] O+ 8.15, Stock Rom using Tapa Talk

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque
Still going and going and ...

It's like the EverReady Bunny, it just keeps going and going .... I wish there was something like Anonymous to deal with spammers like this.

lorddimic

Jul 18, 2013
Its everywhere!!! I hate so much when I see that dowload is started for mobogenie and that hapens for about 5 times a day! I keep deleting it over and over again! :mad:

Phenom2122

Mar 10, 2014
Cape Town
I used to get this all the time when I got my first android phone! I have always used UC Browser, and started off on a stock 4.2.2 rom. The UC adblock addon certainly never helped. Since then on various custom roms running 4.3 and 4.4 I don't seem to get it anymore, maybe every now and then.
The only possible things that could have got rid of it is the custom roms, or the adblocking function of Lucky Patcher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whenever I click on download button mobogenie starts downloading... Really irritated.. I think it should be banned :p

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    May have a solution

I got the prompt to download it today and i did this.. dont know if this will work for you or i just got lucky
    Open Chrome..
    go to settings
    -> content settings
    -> website settings
    -> a list of websites with specific website settings comes up
    ->tick off all the sites.
    That fixed the problem for me
    Still we should do this till we find even better ways.
    Lot of research and asking around on google plus and i find the solution..

1. Opt-out of interest-based ads (Google and Web): http://www.google.com/settings/ads
    2. Clear browsing data on all devices (cache and cookies).

If you no longer experience the popup a week from now, you can opt-in to the interest-based ads again.
    Have seen this myself. What REALLY bugs me is that it happens on Dev-Host. It's an On-Click, so the moment you click on the correct download button, which is hard enough as there are three or four download buttons, it does a popup and starts downloading Mobogenie INSTEAD of the file you were intending to download.

What makes it worse, is Dev-Host is used by MANY developers here on XDA, and I'm shocked and disappointed that they would associated with a malware pushing scumbag website like that here.