[2010-03-06]SciLor's WiMoBlue v0.0.1 Remote Control any WM or Win with another one

Search This thread

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
SciLor's WiMoBlue v0.0.1

SciLor's WiMoBlue is a remote controlling software or Windows, Windows Mobile Touchscreen Devices and Windows Mobile Smartphone Devices (Currently keyboardo only, but there will come more). You may control your Windows Mobile Device with your Desktop PC or the other way round. You can use it for many different things, such as SMS writing, gaming etc. I personally prefer to use my old HTC Kaiser as controller for my new HTC Leo, especially for emulators like FPseCE!

I would be Happy to hear from you which device combinations work!

Fanvideo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF2SnZhu4KQ

Code:
SciLor's WiMoBlue v0.0.1
                            i.
                           .. :v
                          c:  .X
                           i.::
                             :
                            ..i..
                           #MMMMM
                           QM  AM
                           9M  zM
                           6M  AM
                           2M  2MX#MM@1.
                           OM  tMMMMMMMMMM;
                      .X#MMMM  ;MMMMMMMMMMMMv
                  cEMMMMMMMMMU7@MMMMMMMMMMMMM@
            .n@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
           MMMMMMMM@@#$BWWB#@@#$WWWQQQWWWWB#@MM.
           MM                                ;M.
           $M                                EM
           WMO$@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#OMM
           #M                                cM
           QM         Another Cake by        tM
           MM              SciLor            CMO
        .MMMM                                oMMMt
       1MO 6MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM iMM
      .M1  BM     For all Portal Lovers!     vM  ,Mt
      1M   @M............................... WM   M6
       MM  .A8OQWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOAz2  #M
        MM                                      MM.
         @MMY                                vMME
           UMMMbi                        i8MMMt
              C@MMMMMbt;;i.......i;XQMMMMMMt
                   ;ZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM@A;.

ReadMe

You will need .NET CF 3.5 (.NET CF 2.0 for Smartphone, .NET 3.5 for Windows) - Link at the Bottom

This is a remote controlling software for PDAs. Mainly for using your old phone as a wireless controller for the new phone.
Very fine on Emulators like FpseCE or Morphgear.

Usage:
1. Check if bluetooth is on (both devices), and pair both bluetooth devices.
2. Run the Server software on the device you want to control.
3. Run the Client/Controller software on the otehr device.
4. Search for your Server in the Client software and connect.
5. If there is a green screen, it should work (D-Pad and Hardware/Software keyboards) , if it is red try to soft reset both devices and try again, if it is till not working cry for help.
PS: If the SIP catches the Letter-Keys, first try to disable any T9 in the SIP. If the problem is still there, try to use another SIP (Windows Mobile only)!

Beware, Alpha status!

ToDo:

Additional:

Known Bugs:

If you like my hard work PLEASE DONATE! :)
http://www.scilor.com/donate.html

ChangeLog:

v0.0.1(2010-03-06)
-Enhancement: Controller/Server functions now in external DLL's which are Cross-Compiled for every supported system :)
-Feature: Servers/Controllers for Smartphone/Touchscreen/Desktop PC
-Feature: Multiple devices can be used now :) (Limited to 2 for now)
-Change: Removed Server Discovery Nag screen
-Fix: No error messages on exit if no controller is connected
-Fix: All Controllers now exit on disconnect
-Fix: Used an old library for the Smartphone client, now it is the newest one :)

-----------------------

Pre-Alpha v4(2010-03-04)
-Feature: Experimental WM Smartphone Client added (Tested on Typhoon with WM 6.1, but should work with any Smartphone with WM5 or higher!)

Pre-Alpha v3(2010-02-23)
-Enhancement: Show Connection Status of the Server
-Enhancement: Controller disables the "Disconnect" Button. You can activate it by touching the form anywhere.
-Enhancement: "Gaming"-Hack for Hardware-Keyboards, that allows to hold and release multiple button, intending the first button is still hold if one of them is released. (Some Keyboards only send a KeyPress Event with the Keys Information, the Releasing Events are the same)
-Enhancement: Show "Idle" Curson on while connecting.
-Readme Mistake: Should work on any WM Device ;)

Pre-Alpha v2(2010-02-18)
-Enhancement: Fix some weird behavoir of Hardware keyboards (They will now allow holding, but all buttons with this behavoir will be released if you release one of them!)
-Enhancement: More stable client.
-Change: Replaced Client sides dropdown with a list. Should be better to select.
-Fix: Clean?!-Exit of the Server, so softresets should not be needed!

Pre-Alpha (2010-02-17)
-Initial Alpha Release

---------------LINKS-------------------------
My Website: http://www.scilor.com
SciLor's WiMoBlue Website: http://www.scilor.com/wimoblue.html
Donation: http://www.scilor.com/donate.html
-
DotNET CF 3.5: http://www.scilor.com/wimoblue.html

Download/Video at: www.scilor.com/wimoblue.html

Last edited:

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Ok, I have managed to get everything a little bit more stable,
also I have tried to make the best out of the weird Hardware-Keyboard on my HTC Kaiser, which only sends Keypresses. I got so far that you can press multiple "letters", but if you just take up your finger from one, I need to release all buttons, because I am not able to decide which button you left (This is really only the case for the letter-keys, D-Pad, enter etc. work fine!)

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Next Release :)

Pre-Alpha v2(2010-02-18)
-Enhancement: Fix some weird behavoir of Hardware keyboards (They will now allow holding, but all buttons with this behavoir will be released if you release one of them!)
-Enhancement: More stable client.
-Change: Replaced Client sides dropdown with a list. Should be better to select.
-Fix: Clean?!-Exit of the Server, so softresets should not be needed!

www.scilor.com/wimoblue.html

Frappas

Jun 19, 2009
Remoters

Sorry for thiefing the thread like this, but is there an app for ppc devices to remote control "normal" phones? Like a samsung, or sony you get what i mean? :p

//Frapps

P

pongothemagnificent

Truly amazing bro, its a pitty i only have one touch screen winmo device xD

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
I will make a smartphone version, was already planned!

If my old Typhoon works, I will be also able to test it before the release :)
But you will have to be patient until I am satisfied with the software, that it is read for a "stable" release!

tabi13

Nov 16, 2006
Ps3 pads?

I am sorry if this is unrelated but isnt there a way to connect wireless PS3 or Xbox gamepads to WinMo (or WinPho). Arent they bluetooth too?

Nucklez

Jun 27, 2008
Clemson
That is a good idea too. Wii controllers are bluetooth. That may be a fun project as well.

***Edit***
Looks like there is already an archive on XDA concerning this. All of the projects seem to be dead though.
xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-335973.html

Last edited:

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Wii Controllers/PS3 use bluetooth thats all...

The Wii cannot be connected easily due to a missing driver of Windows Mobile. May be done, but I already tried it for some days without any success.

About the PS3 one I have only read(I have got any ps3 controller here -.-), so far I know you will first have to connect it with your computer(USB) and set the Bluetooth Mac of the none PS3 device. The rest seems to be standardized.

Pigo

Nov 30, 2005
Netherlands
www.pigo.tk
how easy would it be to make this in to a remote that's also able to control my TCPMP or another media player?

I'm not home yet but as soon as I get home I'm trying this app!!!!
I still have a MDA Vario and a HTC Touch pro at home. can't wait! have been lacking hardware buttons to play games.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Release of v3: www.scilor.com/wimoblue.html

Pre-Alpha v3(2010-02-23)
-Enhancement: Show Connection Status of the Server
-Enhancement: Controller disables the "Disconnect" Button. You can activate it by touching the form anywhere.
-Enhancement: "Gaming"-Hack for Hardware-Keyboards, that allows to hold and release multiple button, intending the first button is still hold if one of them is released. (Some Keyboards only send a KeyPress Event with the Keys Information, the Releasing Events are the same)
-Enhancement: Show "Idle" Curson on while connecting.
-Readme Mistake: Should work on any WM Device ;)

BenGman

May 17, 2007
Release of v3: www.scilor.com/wimoblue.html

Pre-Alpha v3(2010-02-23)

Server: HD2 2.08, Dutty HG v0.8
Controller: HP iPAQ hw6925 stock WM5 :(

MS Word is perfect, no mistakes while typing a full letter.

Bug on Controller: No disconnection option (greyed out).

Can multiple controllers be connected? Are there any multiplayer WinMo games that can use multiple controllers?

Last edited:

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Thank you for your reply!

The bug is a feature, just tap on the touchscreen to activate it, I disabled it due to on the Kaiser you can hit the softkey by chance while gaming.

Multiple Controllers cannot be connected but it is planned. I will implent it if I get any game to test it or if an Emulator supports to controler. Please also ask at the FpseCE Forum for adding a second controller!

SciLor

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Ok, I am planning a feature that allows "pressing" on the others screen so you can completly remote control the other device. Another idea is the recieving of a screenshot of the others screen (Combined with the first idea, it makes it perfect, no?).

Also a Boss key would be funny, that means the option to turn of the screen of the other device. For those in school it means:
Put your HD2 anywhere, where the teacher isn't able to see it, but you. If the teacher comes around, you can easily put off the HD2's screen ;)

Top Liked Posts