Help me config Myn's Donut to work better than WM + SPB

Search This thread

4thought

Feb 11, 2009
Toronto
I'm using NFSFAN WM6.5 and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. I've been playing with myn's donut, and I can't get some things setup that way I'd like. Appreciate any help with configurations and/or widgets and apps so I can move on to Android! Here's what I need:

Gmail - Using the WM app. I can switch between accounts. The widgets/apps I've seen just allow me to setup one account.
Opera browser - I want this to launch if I click a link anywhere (email msg, RSS reader, etc.)
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - I have a nice SPB setup using invisible widgets. Icons appear when there is something to check. I'd love something similar, although home screen widgets that show this would work. I don't like the top pull-down to see notifcations.
Ringtone - I want a normal cell phone ring. The built in one rings once and stops. The marketplace stuff I've seen is silly songs. Where can I get some normal tones?
Volume profile - SPB gives me a home screen widget that I press, get a menu, and I can select what I want. The widget changes to show the state it is in.
Backlight profile - I found a widget where each time I click it changes the level. OK but too many clicks. One click on the SPB widget gives me a menu with 5 options and I click one
Data off - Need an app/widget to make 100% sure data is off since I often go close to the US border and don't want the accidental roaming fees
Best RSS reader - I found one a while back that seemed good and automatically sync'd with Google Reader. I can't find it now. Open to suggestions here
Calendar - In SPB I display a nice transparent calendar showing next 3 events. Some in the marketplace are ok, but not quite the same. Ideas?
Streaming audio - I stream some Shoutcast by saving .pls files files on the device and opening them with TCPMP. I haven't really played with this in Android, so looking for ideas here.
Resolution - Myn's stock res is too small for me. I tried his 110 (not big enough) and 160 (too big) updates. How do I set something in between?

Looking forward to your suggestions so I can make the move! Thanks everyone.

mrono

Jun 4, 2009
I'm using NFSFAN WM6.5 and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. I've been playing with myn's donut, and I can't get some things setup that way I'd like. Appreciate any help with configurations and/or widgets and apps so I can move on to Android! Here's what I need:

Gmail - Using the WM app. I can switch between accounts. The widgets/apps I've seen just allow me to setup one account.
Opera browser - I want this to launch if I click a link anywhere (email msg, RSS reader, etc.)
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - I have a nice SPB setup using invisible widgets. Icons appear when there is something to check. I'd love something similar, although home screen widgets that show this would work. I don't like the top pull-down to see notifcations.
Ringtone - I want a normal cell phone ring. The built in one rings once and stops. The marketplace stuff I've seen is silly songs. Where can I get some normal tones?
Volume profile - SPB gives me a home screen widget that I press, get a menu, and I can select what I want. The widget changes to show the state it is in.
Backlight profile - I found a widget where each time I click it changes the level. OK but too many clicks. One click on the SPB widget gives me a menu with 5 options and I click one
Data off - Need an app/widget to make 100% sure data is off since I often go close to the US border and don't want the accidental roaming fees
Best RSS reader - I found one a while back that seemed good and automatically sync'd with Google Reader. I can't find it now. Open to suggestions here
Calendar - In SPB I display a nice transparent calendar showing next 3 events. Some in the marketplace are ok, but not quite the same. Ideas?
Streaming audio - I stream some Shoutcast by saving .pls files files on the device and opening them with TCPMP. I haven't really played with this in Android, so looking for ideas here.
Resolution - Myn's stock res is too small for me. I tried his 110 (not big enough) and 160 (too big) updates. How do I set something in between?

Looking forward to your suggestions so I can make the move! Thanks everyone.

Gmail - Set up your default Gmail account then set up more under the email app
Opera browser - Far as i know you can't change your default browser yet.
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - Check out AHome or OpenHome, sure they have something
Ringtone - I'm sure there's some on the internet somewhere
Volume profile - Try Toggle Settings
Backlight profile - Try Toggle Settings
Data off - If you open up the modem program and click disconnect, it turns off data till you reboot
Best RSS reader - BlueRSS is a good one, Doggcatcher is the best but costs
Calendar - Stock Cal works for me, but check out Smooth Calendar
Streaming audio - I use Streamfurious, you can import .pls into it
Resolution - I use MYN RL4 with 320x480, works great for me, but some people really like 320x428, but search the forums to change pixel density

cp0020

Sep 2, 2009
atlanta
Gmail - Set up your default Gmail account then set up more under the email app
Opera browser - Far as i know you can't change your default browser yet.
Missed call, voice mail, text msg notifications on the home screen - Check out AHome or OpenHome, sure they have something
Ringtone - I'm sure there's some on the internet somewhere
Volume profile - Try Toggle Settings
Backlight profile - Try Toggle Settings
Data off - If you open up the modem program and click disconnect, it turns off data till you reboot
Best RSS reader - BlueRSS is a good one, Doggcatcher is the best but costs
Calendar - Stock Cal works for me, but check out Smooth Calendar
Streaming audio - I use Streamfurious, you can import .pls into it
Resolution - I use MYN RL4 with 320x480, works great for me, but some people really like 320x428, but search the forums to change pixel density
you can change the default browser, dolphin browser is the only one i know of that you can

berardi

Jul 16, 2007
NYC
for Streaming audio I love DroidLive. I tried Streamfurius but it didn't work well for me on the site I like to stream - www.di.fm I use AAC+ 64k and it sounds GREAT and never buffers.

4thought

Feb 11, 2009
Toronto
Thanks guys. I've got a setup that works pretty good now. I'm just trying to figure out how to connect it to my Win7 PC to transfer files. Time to search....

cp0020

Sep 2, 2009
atlanta
Thanks guys. I've got a setup that works pretty good now. I'm just trying to figure out how to connect it to my Win7 PC to transfer files. Time to search....

are you running off of nand> if so then download the attatched file and install it onto your phone. then go into the app and enable it. then plug in your phone and win7 should install drivers. if your running off of sdcard then you need to find and download an app called ''dual mount sd widget'' and then add the widget to your home screen and click on it. then plug it in and let it install the drivers and your good to go. hope this helps :) good luck!!!

Attachments

• com.jrtstudio.automount.apk
    67.5 KB · Views: 18

4thought

Feb 11, 2009
Toronto
Thanks man. I'm using my SD card for now until I'm sure I want to switch. I'll give this a shot. Now to figure out how to install an app outside the market!

inertone

May 9, 2009
Los Angeles
are you running off of nand> if so then download the attatched file and install it onto your phone. then go into the app and enable it. then plug in your phone and win7 should install drivers. if your running off of sdcard then you need to find and download an app called ''dual mount sd widget'' and then add the widget to your home screen and click on it. then plug it in and let it install the drivers and your good to go. hope this helps :) good luck!!!

is this the only way to install the drivers?

cp0020

Sep 2, 2009
atlanta
i mean can i go download the drivers somewhere?
cus im running vista and when i connect my phone no drivers are installed
im not sure. with the phone plugged in can you look for something called device manager then navigate to android phone then click on it then click find drivers online? that is what i did to install my wlan 2.0 adapter

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
i mean can i go download the drivers somewhere?
cus im running vista and when i connect my phone no drivers are installed

you need to download android sdk and it will come with the drivers you need for vista. Then go to device manager and update drivers and point to the drivers you downloaded with sdk. or better yet, here you go.
Unzip and place on the root of you C: drive and use device manager to point to the folder

Last edited:

cp0020

Sep 2, 2009
atlanta
you need to download android sdk and it will come with the drivers you need for vista. Then go to device manager and update drivers and point to the drivers you downloaded with sdk. or better yet, here you go.
Unzip and place on the root of you C: drive and use device manager to point to the folder
or do that lol

Reddog80p

Apr 10, 2009
Central California
I don't remember any drivers being installed.

Intertone - Install the apk open the app tick enable sd card auto mounting plug your phone into your pc your phone's notification tab it should say preparing sd card and say something about turning usb storage turning off. It will take about 30 - 60 seconds and you should get a pop up on your screen anking what you would like to do with the removable drive.

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
I don't remember any drivers being installed.

Intertone - Install the apk open the app tick enable sd card auto mounting plug your phone into your pc your phone's notification tab it should say preparing sd card and say something about turning usb storage turning off. It will take about 30 - 60 seconds and you should get a pop up on your screen anking what you would like to do with the removable drive.

is that all hes trying to do? mass storage. Then no drivers need to be installed. just need dualmount sd widget. But drivers are needed to do things like flash an nbh with windows ect..

Last edited:

inertone

May 9, 2009
Los Angeles
i got it working
i went to the device manager
anbd i uninstalled the adb driver i had
then connected my phone and i allowed to reinstall the drivers
and voila!
it works!