f2fs really flies!

Search This thread

PMikeP

Jul 12, 2013
I'd put this in the proper Samsung Tab 2 custom ROM forum, but not at my 10 post limit yet. (Question: Administrators, can you use some fuzzy logic here? I think I've shown I have something to offer here at XDA. But I only post when I think I have something to say. Makes it frustrating waiting to get to the 10 post requirement. I occasionally think. "Oh, to heck with it.")

Anyway, last week, when the developer offered it, I flashed my Samaung Galaxy tab over to an AGNi custom kernel that supports f2fs. The dev was also thoughtful to offer some custom f2fs format tools for the Tab 2 and a custom TWRP for f2fs.

I did a backup, took a deep breath, and formatted /data and /cache to f2fs.

WOW! The Tab doesn't benchmark any faster, but it is noticeably faster in use. No more lags in Boat browser.

I'm looking forward to the Cyanomod team offering f2fs for CM11.

eatsleep

Jun 29, 2013
I'd put this in the proper Samsung Tab 2 custom ROM forum, but not at my 10 post limit yet. (Question: Administrators, can you use some fuzzy logic here? I think I've shown I have something to offer here at XDA. But I only post when I think I have something to say. Makes it frustrating waiting to get to the 10 post requirement. I occasionally think. "Oh, to heck with it.")

Anyway, last week, when the developer offered it, I flashed my Samaung Galaxy tab over to an AGNi custom kernel that supports f2fs. The dev was also thoughtful to offer some custom f2fs format tools for the Tab 2 and a custom TWRP for f2fs.

I did a backup, took a deep breath, and formatted /data and /cache to f2fs.

WOW! The Tab doesn't benchmark any faster, but it is noticeably faster in use. No more lags in Boat browser.

I'm looking forward to the Cyanomod team offering f2fs for CM11.
I thought about it but my favorite kernel dev hasn't supported it yet......
Samsung has implemented it now......
Seems cool but risky too. Isn't it that only kernels needs to be compatible with f2f?

PMikeP

Jul 12, 2013
Yes, my understanding that the kernel has to support f2fs. Over in the Galaxy Tab 2 forum there is a developer who offers a 3.0.101 kernel that supports f2fs.