Help! Screen issues after rooting

Search This thread

bad_HABIT

Jun 18, 2010
Well I've got myself into a situation and need some help and knowledge.

Just bought this phone today. After playing with the phone for an hour I decided to root and flash recovery by the following method
TowelRoot
Downloaded SuperSU from the play store
Then AutoRec

Right after the AutoRec reboot, my screen started having issues. When I try to wake up the device its all black and lines. Like the screen was 'broken'. The only method to fix this is to hold power button for 5 or seconds until device reboots. Issue reappears as soon as the screen times out and device goes to sleep. I searched without any answers so I'm wondering if I have a faulty device which I should return or if I did something wrong while rooting because that is when the issue appeared

Anyone?

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
Well I've got myself into a situation and need some help and knowledge.

Just bought this phone today. After playing with the phone for an hour I decided to root and flash recovery by the following method
TowelRoot
Downloaded SuperSU from the play store
Then AutoRec

Right after the AutoRec reboot, my screen started having issues. When I try to wake up the device its all black and lines. Like the screen was 'broken'. The only method to fix this is to hold power button for 5 or seconds until device reboots. Issue reappears as soon as the screen times out and device goes to sleep. I searched without any answers so I'm wondering if I have a faulty device which I should return or if I did something wrong while rooting because that is when the issue appeared

Anyone?

That's not good you should flash stock images to see if that will fix it, use the thread in general forum on how to go back to stock

Top Liked Posts