Foxstar 4.0 ICS Test Builds

Search This thread

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
http://foxstar.site50.net/

Please keep all bug reports via email listed on that site.

Please do not clutter up XDA with ETAs, feature suggestions, or anything of the sort. This should be done via the bug tracker form

Please do not expect crazy things. These are test builds.

Please do enjoy! Please do test. Please do report your bugs.

:] initial ICS build uploading now.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00468

I think XDA TOS of developers is that you have to put the actual links on XDA as well. You can include your site link, but you cant ONLY have your website link. I believe this has caused controversy in the past. Just a heads up!

starskyrob

Feb 5, 2011
the internet
this is a link to builds for testing. these aren't full releases. i don't see this being a violation, and with the insane amount of garbage posts on XDA in anything ICS related today, i doubt the mods will mind having a little less bs to deal with.

once i've got a build stable enough for me to be confident releasing, i'll post it on xda with a full write up.

xda rules state that i must provide support for anything i post in DEV section. i will not be supporting users of these test builds, rather they will be supporting me by testing.

:]

avarize

Dec 30, 2011
Virginia
I believe the rule only requires that it not require you to register to download

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Cant wait to try man this is great hope people dont ruin it like the other threads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Caerusx

May 8, 2010
Is this a TW build? Doesn't say anywhere in the post or on your website. Since the TW build is pretty stable, and you label this as a test build, I'm a bit unsure and would like to know before flashing.

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
I believe the rule only requires that it not require you to register to download

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

this is correct as far as I know.

I think there is an exception for this rule that involves some type of seniority and site not being commercial.

G

GuestK00202

Does data and GSM work?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Read... or try it yourself and find out?

*EDIT*

He tells you right on his site...

Known Bugs:

AutoRotation/Sensor

Initial Boot takes FOREVER.

Superwipe Required Before Install

Reboot after initialization for data to work.

You people that don't read are really starting to annoy me. That's how threads got shut down. That's it. I'm going to start using the report button just as much I do the thanks button

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Ok other then the already well known list of bugs:

AutoRotation/Sensor

Initial Boot takes FOREVER.

Superwipe Required Before Install

Reboot after initialization for data to work.

I did find a couple other little things that are not working. I have also went into recovery and (Cleared cache, cleared Dalvik cahce and fixed permissions) just to verify it wasn't from the initial install.

Here are the screen shots:

Market is not downloading when data is present:
qyir5z.png

Camera / Gallery seem to FC without error and Media scanner seems to be continuously running:
20sf1hx.png

I am still playing around with this and will report any other bugs if found.

Last edited:

starskyrob

Feb 5, 2011
the internet
Superwipe Before Install.

Please keep all bug reports sent VIA the bugtracker listed on the site

this will be the easiest way for me to track, diagnose, and obliterate the bugs.

Also, please pull logcats for these errors.

Last edited:
Reactions: hayn_pryde46
G

GuestK00202

Superwipe Before Install.

Please keep all bug reports sent VIA EMAIL.

this will be the easiest way for me to track, diagnose, and obliterate the bugs.

Also, please pull logcats for these errors.

Did super wipe before instal per instructions.... Looks like the Google play store is down at the moment due to maintenance.

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Clear cache in market app ghen you can download just worked for me

Ports take a while to settle clear your caches and reboot often

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://foxstar.site50.net/

Please keep all bug reports via email listed on that site.

Please do not clutter up XDA with ETAs, feature suggestions, or anything of the sort. This should be done via the bug tracker form

Please do not expect crazy things. These are test builds.

Please do enjoy! Please do test. Please do report your bugs.

:] initial ICS build uploading now.
    inital build uploaded! check the site
    Can We Get A List Of What Has Been Done Or Fixed Or Added On The Site Thanks...

Deodexed. Zipaligned. Debloated. Build.prop is corrected to show proper model number. There's a todo list. This is just a base for now. It's been 2 days.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    this is a link to builds for testing. these aren't full releases. i don't see this being a violation, and with the insane amount of garbage posts on XDA in anything ICS related today, i doubt the mods will mind having a little less bs to deal with.

once i've got a build stable enough for me to be confident releasing, i'll post it on xda with a full write up.

xda rules state that i must provide support for anything i post in DEV section. i will not be supporting users of these test builds, rather they will be supporting me by testing.

:]