[ROM] (4/15/12) KlassicROM 2.3.6 for YP-G1 USA + INTL [R5: FINAL]

Search This thread

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Hey man, thank you for all your efforts! You will go down in history as the first developer of a custom rom for the YP-G1CWY/XAA! ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: klin1344

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
I really appreciate all the work you've done. This isn't an extremely popular device and the fact that you put so much time into it really means a lot. I guess the first thing I will do is revert to R4 and reflash SteveS kernel which should put everything back to normal. I noticed however you are soon to release an update to the kernel. I have a few questions.. Is that release aiming to fix that performance issue me and a few others mentioned earlier? Is there any signifigant difference between R4 and R5 aside from a few tweaks and the INTL support?

Wheatly

Oct 30, 2011
I wish the Locale is fixed before development stopped :<. But anyways, thanks for your work the ROM is much better than stock.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
I really appreciate all the work you've done. This isn't an extremely popular device and the fact that you put so much time into it really means a lot. I guess the first thing I will do is revert to R4 and reflash SteveS kernel which should put everything back to normal. I noticed however you are soon to release an update to the kernel. I have a few questions.. Is that release aiming to fix that performance issue me and a few others mentioned earlier? Is there any signifigant difference between R4 and R5 aside from a few tweaks and the INTL support?

Not much except that r5 is ics themed.

Sent using Tapatalk

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Thanks for everything klin, really appreciate what you've done here. As others have mentioned, this is not a very popular device and I figured I'd probably be stuck with stock. Your rom has made it a much more enjoyable and usable player.

I hope to see something released by you for CM7/9 down the road. Anyway thanks again and see you around.

Mike T

theraf

Feb 2, 2012
Klin, how did you add the 14 toggles on the statusbar? i tried to add it to cm7 and systemui fc's every time

Artmuzz

Jan 9, 2012
Voodoo Sound Plus is crashing with v4.0 and the latest version of Klin's Klassic ROM:(

EDIT: Voodoo Sound plus working fine now on Klin's Klassic ROM 4.1 and later.

Last edited:

Artmuzz

Jan 9, 2012
I have noticed that the home button doesn't work when quitting apps on Klin's Klassic ROM v4. I would update to v5 but I like the Beats Music MOD which unfortunately was removed on v5.

UPDATE

I have the home button working now :)

Last edited:

Alpine725

Oct 2, 2011
WiFi...where have you gone???

So, I have tried R5 and R4.1 on my INTL YP-G1 and I think I prefer R4.1 the best...primarily because one of the apps I use regularly (Pinger TextFree) continually reboots itself on R5.

KLIN - If you are out there still...THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR AMAZING WORK!

So, the only thing now is that my WiFi seems to drop randomly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, when I started using R4.1, there were a couple other apps (internet and one other) at the bottom of the screen along side of the applications button. My 2 year old got a hold of my YP-G1 one day and now all thats left at teh bottom of the screen is the applications button. Could she have accidentally removed the other app icons? If so, how do I get them back?

Thanks to all!!

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
So, I have tried R5 and R4.1 on my INTL YP-G1 and I think I prefer R4.1 the best...primarily because one of the apps I use regularly (Pinger TextFree) continually reboots itself on R5.

KLIN - If you are out there still...THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR AMAZING WORK!

So, the only thing now is that my WiFi seems to drop randomly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, when I started using R4.1, there were a couple other apps (internet and one other) at the bottom of the screen along side of the applications button. My 2 year old got a hold of my YP-G1 one day and now all thats left at teh bottom of the screen is the applications button. Could she have accidentally removed the other app icons? If so, how do I get them back?

Thanks to all!!

You can customize the dock by going to the app drawer, Press menu--edit, and drag apps to the dock.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: lomniom

-sandro-

May 6, 2011
Pescara, Italy
vimeo.com
Is it only me or there's something wrong with R5? I've never changed the apps I use and how since i bought the player and used this rom and now it cant handle opera browser and music playing. The ram will completely become full in minutes, if I'm able to free some manually i can continue using for some minutes otherwise it freezes completely and I have to pull the battery. There must be something messed up with the memory management?

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
Ok so im new to the player 4.0 and since this forums do say friendly i was wondering if anybody can help me on getting clockwork to work must i use adb or can i use terminal???

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Klin's Klassic 2.3.6 ROM for Galaxy Player 4.0 USA + INTL​
    Latest Version: R5

Future updates now managed by hanthesolo here

I have done the best I could with this ROM, and it has been a great learning experience for me. Unfortunately, I don't have time to continue to release new versions, and I feel it's easier if I just mod my own ROM I am using to my personal use. That way I can customize it the way I want without having to suit the needs of others, and I don't have to deal with those who are ungrateful and take any help from XDA for granted. But once CM7 (big thanks to tdmcode) becomes fairly stable, I *might* consider using it as a base and creating a new custom ROM for the public. But for now, I am no longer developing ROMs, but I will still continue my kernel. (BTW, R2 changes are already on GitHub, just need to compile them now)
    Well, still, thanks to all those who supported my first custom ROM! :)

I've been working on a new ROM, and instead of updating Klassic I will start over completely with a newer and different ROM. Hanthesolo has taken over and will be using my ROMs as a base for his.

As I was messing with my Galaxy Player, I discovered that ROMs for these devices can be swapped between the INTL and USA versions as long as you have the right kernel. This ROM is based off of 2.3.6 XXKPQ for the International YP-G1 but can work for the USA version too. Enjoy :)

Features (Initial Release):
    - Gingerbread 2.3.6
    - Rooted
    - Overscroll Glow
    - Transparent StatusBar
    - CRT Screen-off Animation
    - ICS Transitions (Note: Use ADW Launcher to get full ICS Transition effects; using Touchwiz will only give you partial effects)
    - Custom StatusBar Icons
    - Custom Battery Icon
    - Roboto (ICS) font
    - Custom Themed (Can use UOT kitchen to create your own theme)
    - Various build.prop tweaks for performance and battery life.
    - De-odexed
    - I9000 Apps Compatibility MOD (Can see more apps in the Market)
    - Supercharged with V6 Supercharger with Die-Hard Launcher! (Credits go to zeppelinrox for creating the script. You can download and run the script again to customize settings yourself )
    - Includes Stock Samsung and Swype Keyboard
    - Includes stock Touchwiz Launcher

Changelogs:
    R2:
    - Super Smooth Scrolling MOD
    - Improved theme
    - Touchwiz 4.5 (finally have a version that is fairly stable on our devices)
    - Semi-transparent dock
    - SGS2 Widgets
    - New wallpaper in Wallpaper Gallery

R2.1
    - Beats Audio MOD (credits to RockoDev and fuss132) Use with Voodoo Sound for superb sound playback!
    - ShareApp.apk installed

R3
    - Advanced powermenu; added Reboot, Recovery, and Download (Thanks Meticulus for helping me sort out some issues)
    - Updated hosts file that blocks ads
    - Improve touch responsiveness MOD (credits to fuss132)
    - More build.prop tweaks
    - Meticulus' "DeviceId" hack (fixes some apps; thank him not me :))

R4
    Now supports INTL players! Flash Steves kernel and then R4 WITHOUT wiping data. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache. (Goes for both INTL and USA devices)
    - Reverted to 2.3.5 G1UEKI8.
    - Updated theme
    - Custom bootanimation support; download any bootanimation.zip, rename it to sanim.zip, place in /system/media/, set correct permissions and reboot (thanks to Meticulus' 'animod')
    - Galaxy Nexus boot animation
    - Centered StatusBar Clock
    - Removed TouchWiz 4.5 due to it being unstable
    - Inludes my Modified TouchWiz 3.0
    - Super smooth spinners MOD
    - 14 StatusBar Toggles (credits to lidroid) Note: Flashlight doesn't work and will result in a fc, so don't use it. Use QuickPanelSettings to customize toggles
    - Still includes Advanced Power Menu
    - AOSP Lockscreen (you can use UOT Kitchen's lockscreen section to theme)
    - Menu key to unlock screen
    - Removed "No Carrier" from lock screen
    - Settings.apk from a I9000 ROM with more options; 'call settings' doesn't work
    - DSP Manager from CM7
    - Zipaligned/Batch Optimized
    - MIUI Music Player
    - Google Talk with Video Chat
    - Restored build.prop to YP-G1
    - Removed Meticulus' "DeviceId" hack because it only works on 2.3.6
    - Still has all MODS from previous versions of Klassic that are not mentioned here

R4.1
    - Added MIUI Music Player that I accidentally forgot in R4

R5
    - Re-based on 2.3.6 XXKPQ firmware for compatibility with INTL versions
    - Total ICS theme (some parts ported from Vertumus ICS Domination)
    - Debloated - Removed several Google Apps that you can get from the Market
    - EXT4 filesystem
    - Includes my custom kernel, which is based on STeVE's and supports EXT4
    - Removed Beats Audio Mod because of video playback issues
    - Supercharged with V6 Supercharger using init.d
    - Various init.d scripts for better performance
    - LOTS of build.prop tweaks
    - Removed bootanimation support (will be included with next release of kernel)

Links:
    All releases are here: http://www.mediafire.com/?fketh01nz1gsq

Installation Instructions in 2nd Post

Special thanks to:
    - zeppelinrox for his V6 Supercharger
    - SteveS for his custom kernel
    - Choucas06 for making a dump of the 2.3.6 firmware a while ago.
    - Entropy512, rumirand, Meticulus, and many others not mentioned here.
    - XDA for this forum
    - Lastly, thank YOU for being part of this community.

If you like my ROM, please click 'thanks'. It keeps me encouraged to continue to share my work. :)

Please don't post errors or issues unless you have DONE A WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET and still have those issues. Seriously, a simple reset can solve all sorts of problems.
    How to Install:

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO SOMETHING DUMB AND BRICK YOUR DEVICE. You are flashing at your own risk. Thank you.

Note: If you are updating from a previous version of Klassic, you most likely do not need to wipe data/factory reset, but still wipe cache and dalvik-cache for best results.

1. Install the appropriate Steve's kernel for your device (USA or INTL) from here and make a CWM backup just in case anything goes wrong.
    2. Download the file klassic_2.3.6.rar from the download link.
    3. Extract the .rar file.
    4. Boot into download mode and connect to your PC. Make sure you have Kies installed so you have the USB Drivers.
    4. Open Odin, check the PDA box and select klassic_2.3.6.tar.
    5. Do NOT use a PIT file or select repartition.
    6. Click start, and wait for it to finish flashing.
    7. After flashing, boot into CWM recovery, 'wipe cache partition', and 'wipe dalvik cache'. This is VERY important and can fix bootlooping.
    8. It is recommended to do a 'wipe data/factory data reset', but if you don't have any problems with the new ROM then you don't have to.
    9. Reboot, and now you have your new ROM!
    If you appreciate my work and want to encourage me to keep developing, don't post "thanks", just click it! ;)
    Updated to R5.
    No more future releases. See OP for details.