[ODIN][N8013]Stock Kernel and Recovery Images

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
This post will contain N8013 stock kernel and recovery images. For UEALGB these were dumped from a device that was rooted using the "root injection of /system" approach. For UEALH2, they are simply extracted from the Kies dump at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1847706 so that you can get a stock kernel or recovery without downloading 1GB of files.

If you flash any of these using Odin, they should not trigger your flash counter. Note that for some reason, flashing these in Heimdall will trigger the counter (unlike Heimdall on most other devices).

Attachments

• UEALGB_stock_kernel.tar
    4.5 MB · Views: 5,375
  • UEALH2_stock_kernel.tar
    4.5 MB · Views: 3,957
  • UEALGB_stock_recovery.tar
    4.5 MB · Views: 4,352
  • UEALH2_stock_recovery.tar
    5.2 MB · Views: 3,996

sgndroid1

May 17, 2012
Pardon for some ignorance. What should be the steps to follow in order to root from an updated to latest OTA update stock Rom on a 32gb USA version? Do I need to flash the kernel, or just recovery should be ok?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Pardon for some ignorance. What should be the steps to follow in order to root from an updated to latest OTA update stock Rom on a 32gb USA version? Do I need to flash the kernel, or just recovery should be ok?

Why don't u ask this in the root thread? :rolleyes:

Here is what you should do:

Root Via CWM (method 2 in the root thread)

1. Download and put the superuserzip on your internal memory on your device
2. In odin uncheck auto reboot and load the cwmrecovery tar in the pda slot
3. Start odin
4. Once finished boot directly into clockwork (volume up and power til the samsung screen then let go of power while holding volume up)
5. Use the volume rockers to scroll in clockwork cause its finicky and flash the superuser zip you put on your device.
6. reboot
7. Make sure you have root and touch screen and pen works
8. Download goo manager
9. In goo manager hit menu and hit the install recovery script
10. DONE :D

Have any problems odin back to a stock image and if things go bad flash entropys triangle away kernel and clear your binary count

Robert542

Aug 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have tried to flash the stock UEALGB recovery tar from Mobil Odin and every time it says partition could not be found in file, any ideas?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium

Android564

Sep 6, 2012
Hey guys,I just picked up a GT-N8010 -Canadian Wifi version - running LG4 firrmware, will any of these stock recoveries work for me or do I need an LG4 recovery?

Looking to root via cwm then restore stock recovery so I can receive OTA's.

Robert542

Aug 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ok I downloaded the UEALGB stock recovery tar again and it contains only boot.img. Is the link bad or am I just screwy?

Android564

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks Entropy, as much as I want to root now I am going to wait for either a stock LG4 recovery or a root injected LG4.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

colin.hristow

Oct 19, 2011
Richmond Hill, On
Hey guys,I just picked up a GT-N8010 -Canadian Wifi version - running LG4 firrmware, will any of these stock recoveries work for me or do I need an LG4 recovery?

Looking to root via cwm then restore stock recovery so I can receive OTA's.

I have the Canadian 8010 model, and installed the prerooted firmware that was provided. It didnt flash right the first time but the second time it did. Everything works great and Im rooted with CWM. The only thing I noticed is that it says I have the 8013 model now which is probably because of the firmware but its not a big deal.

lunadomain

Jul 9, 2007
N8013 UEALI3 Recovery

Can anyone post the UEALI3 stock recovery? I want to root my Note, but want to root my Note with the CWM method, and go back to stock recovery so I can get OTA updates.

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post will contain N8013 stock kernel and recovery images. For UEALGB these were dumped from a device that was rooted using the "root injection of /system" approach. For UEALH2, they are simply extracted from the Kies dump at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1847706 so that you can get a stock kernel or recovery without downloading 1GB of files.

If you flash any of these using Odin, they should not trigger your flash counter. Note that for some reason, flashing these in Heimdall will trigger the counter (unlike Heimdall on most other devices).

Why don't u ask this in the root thread? :rolleyes:

Here is what you should do:

Root Via CWM (method 2 in the root thread)

1. Download and put the superuserzip on your internal memory on your device
    2. In odin uncheck auto reboot and load the cwmrecovery tar in the pda slot
    3. Start odin
    4. Once finished boot directly into clockwork (volume up and power til the samsung screen then let go of power while holding volume up)
    5. Use the volume rockers to scroll in clockwork cause its finicky and flash the superuser zip you put on your device.
    6. reboot
    7. Make sure you have root and touch screen and pen works
    8. Download goo manager
    9. In goo manager hit menu and hit the install recovery script
    10. DONE :D

Have any problems odin back to a stock image and if things go bad flash entropys triangle away kernel and clear your binary count
    Ok I downloaded the UEALGB stock recovery tar again and it contains only boot.img. Is the link bad or am I just screwy?

Crud, I probably uploaded the wrong thing. Will look into this.
    I have the software version N8013UEALI3 which I rooted with CWM (i.e. Zedomax method 2). I don't have stock recovery for UEALI3. Can I use UEALGB or UEALH2 fro stock recovery?

Thankx a lot!

Yes you can use uealh2 recovery for Ueali3. Its what I had to do when I had to root using cwm and switched back to stock recovery (uealh2) for ota updates. Next time just use the exynosAbuse met u od to root so you dont have to flash anything.

Edit: My mistake. You CAN NOT use uealh2 recovery with ueali3. Please disregard what I stated above. Im Sorry for any confusion.
    Yes you can use uealh2 recovery for Ueali3. Its what I had to do when I had to root using cwm and switched back to stock recovery (uealh2) for ota updates. Next time just use the exynosAbuse met u od to root so you dont have to flash anything.

That's wrong. You can NOT use UEALH2 for UEALI3.
    I have a UEALI3 device, and tried to use the UEALH2 to apply the stock firmware update, and it just failed everytime in 24%.

So, some things are different.

Things are worst if you flash UEALH2 kernel on a UEALI3 device. Your S-PEN will stop working, and everytime you take your S-PEN from the slot, you touch screen will also freeze. You may use an external mouse or keyboard, they will keep working.

Where to get UEALI3 stock Rom+Kernel+Recovery
    Go to SamMobile, and find your device:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3
    * I downloaded it last week, and right now I can't find it again.. If you need the 1gb file, just ask me and I'll find a way to provide it to you.

They have the stock version of everything from UEALI3.
    If you only want the default Recovery, I'm attaching it for you. It's exactly the same file downloaded from the UEALI3 firmware on SamMobile.

So, you can now flash it using ODIN, and update your tablet to the new Samsung's JellyBean!
    But.. Wait a minute! When you update, firmware goes to UEUCMA3... WTF!!!

So, as I also couldn't find the UEUCMA3 firmware anywhere, I suggest you to do the following, even before rooting your updated device:
    1) Flash CWM, but don't make it permanent;
    2) Create a full backup (I recommend saving it to TAR)
    3) Save it for future use.

When you boot your stock rom + stock kernel, stock recovery will be provided automatically to you.

Tell me if I was able to help you.

Good luck!