Power button fell out. Help!

Search This thread

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
I was disassembling my phone to change my audio jack and while taking out the frame, the plastic power button completely popped out (my fault, I know what I did wrong). So I tried pressing the actual flex cable to turn on the phone and that didn't even work, so I'm assuming I need to buy a new flex cable. Also how do I put the physical power button back in the phone? I can't find a way to make it stick.

Someone help, I really am lost :(

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
I was disassembling my phone to change my audio jack and while taking out the frame, the plastic power button completely popped out (my fault, I know what I did wrong). So I tried pressing the actual flex cable to turn on the phone and that didn't even work, so I'm assuming I need to buy a new flex cable. Also how do I put the physical power button back in the phone? I can't find a way to make it stick.

Someone help, I really am lost :(

This may help:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T889) Power Flex Installation Video.

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
That helps some, thanks!

But I also cant figure out how to put the power button itself back on onto the middle housing, or do I have to buy a new housing now?

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
2ahh30j.jpg

dandn0ten

Dec 18, 2012
Hungtinton Beach
i think you might need to remove the chrome frame and put the power button back the way it was or you can take a look at volume button on the other side seeing how it attached to the frame and also try to use super glue. btw does the power button work?

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
I never thought about comparing it to the volume side, good idea. And the power button doesn't work so I definitely need a new flex cable