Evo is a seriously flawed device...

Search This thread

semperlux

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, Ca
I love reading stuff like this...

Don’t Buy The HTC EVO, It Is A Seriously Flawed Device
- TechCrunch, June 9, 2010.

I remember reading this article after I'd just bought my Evo and considered returning it. Well here we are six months later. Sprint ran out of the "seriously flawed devices" and was backordered for months. My friends have salivated over it and one friend thought it shocking (he was almost mad--weird) that I could flash ROMs, customize it and make it more useful than his laptop, even when my phone had terrible battery life of eight hours (most netbooks have < 4hrs)--I'm up to 20 now.

:D Still think it's seriously flawed?

SilverStone641

Jul 1, 2009
Dallas
It's definitely not as bad as that article made it out to be, but in reality, we should have to hack up a phone to get the features we want. My battery life is better now, with new kernels, roms, etc. but nowhere near where i want it to be. i still have to charge it at least twice a day to keep up with my moderate usage.

other then that, i got no complaints. i love this phone!

Leukay

Feb 19, 2008
Athens, OH
Wow. I was literally laughing out loud towards the end of the article. It's obvious that he isn't a fan of HTC Sense, but the fact that he took it out on the Evo is kinda surprising. Sense does hog some resources, but it doesn't make the battery life THAT much worse than the Nexus One's. Sure it was less than average at launch, but HTC has done a lot to remedy that. But I wouldn't call less than average "abysmal". Thanks for the great read OP

live2ride96

Nov 19, 2010
Orland Park, IL
Funniest part is right at the end when he says it shouldn't take long for a better Android device to come out. Well, here we are, 6+ months later, and IMHO, he's wrong, as the Evo (at least for me) is still the best device out there. Other people may not agree, but this is just based on my experience with the Epic and now my new Evo. And yes, I've played around with some other devices. To each his own though. I'd much rather just carry an extra battery and have a killer phone.

DirtyShroomz

Mar 17, 2010
Yup, the evo is still the best out there 6 months later. A someone said this is a mini netbook and gets better battery life than one, what more can you ask for?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

semperlux

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, Ca
I hope the author is not working as an industry forecaster. I thought about send ing the author of the article an email but I would just be gloating and that's not nice... :rolleyes: