[Q] Tablet S and PSXperia 2.0

Search This thread

emulajavi

Mar 9, 2012
Hi.

I have a new Sony Tablet S Wi-Fi 16GB (Spain). Currently it is android version 3.1 (kerned 2.6.36.3 integ-build@build 9).

The system is offering me system update 1.10, which contains android 3.2 (i think it is version 3.2.1 build 10). This update lets you play games with a PS3 controller.

I've read the posts about PSXPeria, but I have some questions. If I accept the update that the tablets is offering me (3.2.1 build 10), will I be able to:

1.- root the device?
2.- with or without rooting, to take the necessary crash bandicoot files out of the tablet, so I can convert with PSXPeria 2.0 some of my PlayStation 1 games and copy the files it outputs back on the Tablets S, and the games will work correctly.

So, do the PS1 games converted with PSPXperia 2.0 work on an UNROOTED Tablet S with android version 3.2.1 build 10???

Is there any difference between the Crash Bandicoot that comes with android 3.1 than the one of android 3.2.1??

Thank you for your help!!

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
I can't be absolutely certain, but I can't see any reason your Crash Bandicoot would change from 3.1 to 3.2.1 (not sure, since mine came with 3.2.1r2 out of the box).

As for rooting, you won't be able to root that build as it's build number is too high. (it would need to be 8 or lower, I believe).

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Also, don't rely too heavily on PSXperia. Since it has to be manually patched to support each Crash Bandicoot apk, yours may not be supported and then you won't be able to load any PS1 games through that emulator. You can always use apps like FPSe or PSXDroid, and PSXperia may even work, but don't rely on it too heavily.

Reactions: emulajavi

emulajavi

Mar 9, 2012
thank you!

so..... ok, we assume that I update it to 3.2.1build10 so it won't be rootable...

- Do FPSe or PSXDroid (or even any emulator of Nintendo 64, SNES,etc) need a rooted device to run?
- Can I still access all the files in the Tablet like the Crash Bandicoot game and copy it to my computer although the Tablet is not rooted?? What program can I use

Thank you!

praed0r

Jun 7, 2011
East Kilbride
thank you!

so..... ok, we assume that I update it to 3.2.1build10 so it won't be rootable...

- Do FPSe or PSXDroid (or even any emulator of Nintendo 64, SNES,etc) need a rooted device to run?
- Can I still access all the files in the Tablet like the Crash Bandicoot game and copy it to my computer although the Tablet is not rooted?? What program can I use

Thank you!

Hi Emulajava
FPSe does not require root and works great with a dualshock controller, I'm not sure about the other emulators but I'd be very surprised if they required root.

I don't know about copying files - depends where they are, some directories are only available with root.

Praed0r

Reactions: emulajavi

emulajavi

Mar 9, 2012
Hi. I updated the Tablet S:

It first updated to build 10 and then it updated again to buid 8 so i can still root.

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
Copying files FROM the device generally speaking can always be done, rooted or otherwise (but can be disabled in certain images). ES File Explorer or Astro File Explorer should both be able to see those files, but if not you could also try using adb with your PC (if you really know what you're doing, since YMMV).

Generally, emulators won't require root, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't be absolutely certain, but I can't see any reason your Crash Bandicoot would change from 3.1 to 3.2.1 (not sure, since mine came with 3.2.1r2 out of the box).

As for rooting, you won't be able to root that build as it's build number is too high. (it would need to be 8 or lower, I believe).

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Also, don't rely too heavily on PSXperia. Since it has to be manually patched to support each Crash Bandicoot apk, yours may not be supported and then you won't be able to load any PS1 games through that emulator. You can always use apps like FPSe or PSXDroid, and PSXperia may even work, but don't rely on it too heavily.
    thank you!

Thank you!

Hi Emulajava
    FPSe does not require root and works great with a dualshock controller, I'm not sure about the other emulators but I'd be very surprised if they required root.

I don't know about copying files - depends where they are, some directories are only available with root.

Praed0r