[MOD][8/27/12] ICS SysUI+FW Mod (UPD: Part A+B (587) available!)

Search This thread

am2222

Mar 30, 2011
Najafabad|Isfahan
What for? Just press power menu and vol down for 2 second.

sent from my white ray using XDA App :)

I find this post...But it doesnt works for me on xperia arc s on ICS..
I fonud that notification led did not works too,How I can fix this?if I replace orginal files with rootexplorer for part A does my problem fixes?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Seems like minor issue with arc users. Well, hope someone can port the partA mod to Arc then.

Hi again
Is there any tutorials to how we do this for Arc?:confused:

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
I find this post...But it doesnt works for me on xperia arc s on ICS..
I fonud that notification led did not works too,How I can fix this?if I replace orginal files with rootexplorer for part A does my problem fixes?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Hi again
Is there any tutorials to how we do this for Arc?:confused:

The notification led bug seems like Sony issue. Or you could try to confirm that with stock framework files on arc.
Follow the credit link and you'll find how.

Reactions: am2222

rafael42

Mar 13, 2011
Thank you hansip87, it's clear now :)

The thing is that the current battery mod is not clear enough as the digits are not displayed clearly due to the green color of the battery icon. If the green color is removed and just the digits are left will be a lot better (white digits on black background).

I had problems seeing the digits myself so like hanzip87 suggested, i tried UOT and this is the result. It's the enhanced UOT battery version, looks a bit like stock. All credits go to hanzip and UOT. It's only the SystemUI.apk so it have to be installed manually.

http://www.multiupload.nl/I2LH7A2GSG (zip-file containing SystemUI.apk)

Great work hanzip87. Thanx \m/

EDIT: Please note that the downloadable file can't be flashed using CWM. SystemUI.apk is inside and has to be unzipped and installed manually using the method described in a lot of forums/threads.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

tolios

Feb 20, 2011
V
I had problems seeing the digits myself so like hanzip87 suggested, i tried UOT and this is the result. It's the enhanced UOT battery version, looks a bit like stock. All credits go to hanzip and UOT. It's only the SystemUI.apk so it have to be installed manually.

http://www.multiupload.nl/I2LH7A2GSG

Great work hanzip87. Thanx \m/

i have download but i can't installed,maybe we must recreate (download Status Bar Widget (With Darker Battery Text Shadow) + Black Sony keyboard + Auto Rotatable Home)

rafael42

Mar 13, 2011
i have download but i can't installed,maybe we must recreate (download Status Bar Widget (With Darker Battery Text Shadow) + Black Sony keyboard + Auto Rotatable Home)

Unzip the downloaded file, move SystemUI.apk to .system folder on phone, set permissions to 644, move SystemUI.apk to .system/app and say yes to overwrite the file that already exists. Hope that helped

\m/ Xperia Ray .562 rooted \m/

Last edited:

h.debnath

Sep 19, 2011
Toronto
I have only one bug:

This happens rarely but when I pull down the status bar on portrait, it usually gets stuck halfway.

Edit:

I figured out the problem, after it gets put on landscape it only gets stuck halfway on portrait so you gotta go back on landscape to fix it then back to portrait :D

Last edited:

windsor

Sep 9, 2008
Dear my fellow hansip, I love your 10 mod (gb), it work out of the box... But now we've got ics, and after try your mod, its still awesome... With few bugs,... when I use beta rom, the 30 volume mess up with poweramp ( direct controll volume activated).

There are two of your mod that insipire me to make my own mod, but I got stuck at first step, using xda autool, im sucessfully decompile framework, but not recompiling,

with or without modifiying the files, I got fail on recompiling, (w7x86, latest update of jre).

My first question is, how to decompile-recompile, the right way....

Secondly, I just want to change the default lockscreen into AOSP style and reset/reboot in power menu, where do I start, and what should I do

Thanks in advanced...

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Dear my fellow hansip, I love your 10 mod (gb), it work out of the box... But now we've got ics, and after try your mod, its still awesome... With few bugs,... when I use beta rom, the 30 volume mess up with poweramp ( direct controll volume activated).

There are two of your mod that insipire me to make my own mod, but I got stuck at first step, using xda autool, im sucessfully decompile framework, but not recompiling,

with or without modifiying the files, I got fail on recompiling, (w7x86, latest update of jre).

My first question is, how to decompile-recompile, the right way....

Secondly, I just want to change the default lockscreen into AOSP style and reset/reboot in power menu, where do I start, and what should I do

Thanks in advanced...

Poweramp issue can be solved with enabling direct volume control from its setting. To do recompile of framework-res.apk, just fix the plurals.xml. Read my post few pages back mate.

windsor

Sep 9, 2008
Ok, thats one thing, and how to change lockscreen style, I know its bit pain in image editing, at least, can you guide me how to do it?... Please ,, :)

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Ok, thats one thing, and how to change lockscreen style, I know its bit pain in image editing, at least, can you guide me how to do it?... Please ,, :)

No image editing for aosp lock screen mate. It's just a simple swap of one xml tag inside screen_tab_unlock.xml. You could compare between my part b files.

Reactions: windsor

zohaib0001

May 3, 2011
Lahore
xdaforums.com
Status bar top bar transparency ICS 562

Hy

Thanks for your work it great, by using kitchen we can make status bar top bar transparent in 2.3.4 for all xperia phones

but in 4.0.3 this feature not working for arc , arc-s, and other xperia devices

i am having problem to decompile the ICS systemui.apk also

please can you make ICS 4.0.3 status bar top bar transparent upto 25 % or 30% on your choice

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Hi hansip,

We Need a Reboot Menu and 2G/3G toggle fix in Hybrid Beta ROM 2.0

GUYS !!!, if hansip says OK then he should be fired with as many Thanks as Possible coz he has only the key to fix that... If he got less than 10 then I will stop him myself from fixing that...

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Hi hansip,

We Need a Reboot Menu and 2G/3G toggle fix in Hybrid Beta ROM 2.0

GUYS !!!, if hansip says OK then he should be fired with as many Thanks as Possible coz he has only the key to fix that... If he got less than 10 then I will stop him myself from fixing that...
Umm, Why can't you use the existing mod mate?

Reactions: mandryp

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Because the Framework is signed by a different Test Key and when I replace it with existing, it just bootloops...
Umm.. A bit hard to do really, because i have to use your ROM for signing.. Umm, what type of framework do you use? Maybe you could try to use the Leaked version first from the OP.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Lads and Gents.

Miss my 10in1 mod on Gingerbread? :cool: Now the wait is over ;)

The 10 mod you will find here:
    1. Status Bar Widget (Arrangeable 15 Button Power Widget incl 2G/3G Toggle)
    2. Smooth Loading Spinner
    3. 30 Volume steps
    4. Reboot Menu
    5. Black Keyboard to match ICS theme
    6. Visual Feedback for Status Bar Widget buttons
    7. Circle Lockscreen of ICS AOSP
    8. 1% Battery Icon Mod, based on SEMC Icon
    9. Recent App selector can be activated from Status Bar
    10. ICS Sony Launcher Mirror Effect and Auto-Rotate
    12. Battery Level is displayed all the time in LockScreen.

Credit goes to:
    1. sj8023ld for Status Bar Widget
    2. rablex for Ultra Theme (modified a bit to suit ICS :) )
    3. iridaki for Black Keyboard theme (only taking the resources, base still from ICS)
    4. D.O.C for Smooth Spinner Tutorial
    5. AndroidOn for 30 Step Volume Tutorial
    6. untermensch for Reboot Menu Tutorial
    7. kes4817 and jjdoctor for Wave Lock Screen help and example
    8. evilisto for Recent Task Button on Status Bar Tutorial
    9. evilisto For Windows 7 style Task Switcher Tutorial
    10. tkymgr for the No Hardware Acceleration Tips!
    10. AeonWorld for his XS Lockscreen mod!

Changelog
    1. 3/7/2012: Working 2G/3G Toggle
    2. 3/8/2012: Flashlight Toggle adjusted to prevent non stock Camera app unable to get Camera instance. Still not perfect though.
    3. 3/8/2012: GPS lost icon is restored
    4. 3/8/2012: Added Black Keyboard for ICS
    5. 3/8/2012: Added Smooth Spinner Framework for ICS
    6. 3/9/2012: Added Reboot + 30 Step Volume Framework
    7. 3/11/2012: Added Visual Feedback for Status Bar Widget button, to help you know which button you pressed last :)
    8. 3/12/2012: Flashlight Power Widget got updated so it won't lock other Camera app :cool:
    9. 3/15/2012: Added AOSP Wave LockScreen from ICS (+Rotation enabled)
    10. 3/19/2012: Added 1% Battery Mod with SEMC base icon
    11. 3/20/2012: Lockscreen Rotation now depends on Device setting. (Only in effect if you use Wave Lock Screen package below)
    12. 3/21/2012: Added Recent Task button on Status Bar, SystemUI Mod merged down.
    13. 4/2/2012: Added Windows 7 Task switcher on Status Bar
    14. 4/11/2012: SystemUI and SemcPhone from 562 fw is modded to accomodate StatusBar Widget on the base of new firmware.
    15. 4/11/2012: Framework Mod is added for fw 562.
    16. 4/15/2012: Apps for 562 Nordic version is updated. Framework Mod is still ongoing.
    17. 4/15/2012: Part B is done, can be used without Part A.
    18. 4/15/2012: Part A is done
    19. 5/16/2012: Part A with Toggle-able Hardware Acceleration Added
    20. 5/18/2012: Fully Ported to ROM 4.0.4 unOfficial
    21. 6/3/2012: Fully Ported to ROM 4.0.4 Official
    22. 6/24/2012: Added Battery Level On Lock Screen
    23. 7/4/2012: StatusBar Widget Icon updated + Reboot menu fix
    24. 7/29/2012: Xperia S Lockscreen added, but please say thanks to AeonWorld to make it come true
    25. 8/25/2012: Part C applied to 587 apks.
    26. 8/27/2012: Part A+B (587) is available, thanks to AeonWorld for his awesome mod. :) This isn't my mod, but some of it are collaborated into his to make it have more feature (XS LockScreen app).

ICS 4.0.4 (431) Official Download:
    1. Part A (Framework jar files)
    • Basic with 30 steps of volume - Here
    • With battery Level on Lock Screen - Here
    • Basic with 15 steps of volume (thanks t3chg33k! - Here
    • If you want XS Lockscreen mod, download this Note: This is not my mod (even though the base file is taken from mine, but the whole XS Locksreen mod is not mine, So Please say thanks to aeonWorld. I just modified the package to reduce your hassle :) O yeah, if you install this, part A and part B is not neccessary, they all are included in this package
    2. Part B (Framework Resource with custom Lockscreen and Reboot Icon + On Screen Menu)
    • With SEMC Sliding Tab - Here
    • With SEMC Sliding Tab without OnScreenMenu - Here
    • with AOSP Lockscreen - Here
    • with AOSP Lockscreen without OnScreenMenu - Here
    3. Part C (APKs mod: Xperia S Style Home + SBW + Black Keyboard)

Latest Files
    ICS 4.0.4 (587) Official Download:
    1. Part A + Part B
    • Go to AeonWorld's thread and do as what he said. I have managed to integrate some of my mod into his.
      Warning: This mod will DEODEX your ROM so just to keep you informed. I can't manage to keep it odexed because the system partition is very tight, so it makes it harder to do odexing with correct license.
    3. Part C (APKs mod: Status Bar Widget) -

G'day!

NOTE:Other Legacy files, go to here or take one from attachment below.
    Darn it.. :( guess I will need more thanks to give me spirit remaking this mod.. :p

Hi hansip87,

I changed battery icon on system UI. It look nicer I think.

You can add this on your post if you want.

EDIT: I add my system uı to your Part C (APKs mod: Xperia S Style Home + SBW + Black Keyboard) pack

IMPORTANT: You must install Part A and Part B before install my CWM pack!

And made another pack with xperia S keyboard and non-Auto rotation Xperia S Home

screenshot_2012-04-06_1135+(1).png
    Uploading a new one ;) Turns out it's simple, signature inside META-INF is already a Sony Ericsson one, whereas the leaked one is still a generic Android signature.

I'll upload the following in one package:
    1. SystemUI.apk -> for StatusBar Widget
    2. Phone.apk -> for Phone 2G/3G toggling
    3. textinput-tng.apk -> Black Keyboard integrated
    4. Home.apk -> Xperia S theme & mirror style and Auto rotatable

In case you don't like one of them, i'll provide the restore package. Simply replace the one you don't want. :)

UPDATE: Uploaded Now ;) Okay now i'll finish the Framework Mod :eek:
    First Post updated with 587 part C. Part A and B is pending, and i hope someone could do it faster than me :)