[Q] 2.3.4 sbf for D2 or R2D2

Search This thread

JerrytheGreat

Feb 3, 2008
Hello,
I bricked my phone trying to downgrade from the 2.3.4 update to my R2D2. (I knew better, but what can I say?) I currently need a stock Verizon 2.3.4 sbf for either Droid 2 or (preferrably) the R2D2 to flash back to. I have a spare phone I will run to my office tomorrow to use for now, but I really want to unbrick by beloved R2D2...

The official ROMI'm looking for is 4.5.622.A957.Verizon.en.US

****SOLUTION POSTED AT THE END*****
The sbf has been leaked, and is available:
Here:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
and Here:
goo.gl/9SdIy

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo3D

phirewire110

Apr 6, 2010
Hello,
I bricked my phone trying to downgrade from the 2.3.4 update to my R2D2. (I knew better, but what can I say?) I currently need a stock Verizon 2.3.4 sbf for either Droid 2 or (preferrably) the R2D2 to flash back to. I have a spare phone I will run to my office tomorrow to use for now, but I really want to unbrick by beloved R2D2...

I think I'm in the same boat.

JerrytheGreat

Feb 3, 2008
Where did you get it?

Not to be unappreciative, but I understand that the 2.3.4 sbf for the Droid 2 R2D2 wont be available until it gets leaked from VZW, and that it doesn't even exist yet for the Droid 2--do you have a way to get it?
If you do, you'll be my hero!!

jtg

JerrytheGreat

Feb 3, 2008
Gingerbread 2.3.3 will not work-MUST be 2.3.4

Thanks for the offer, but the Gingerbread 2.3.3 floating around the Internet will not work- the SBF MUST be 2.3.4, what was just realeased as an OTA 1 week or so ago.

Now, if someone stumbles across this thread, please note you CANNOT "downgrade" the R2D2 after the 2.3.4 OTA, as Verizon also updated the bootloader. If you try to downgrade to 2.3.3, you will brick the phone until the 2.3.4 sbf gets leaked.

From what I have seen, I am one of 3 people to create bricked R2D2s trying this, now waiting for a 2.3.4 leak to bring his/her phone back from the dead.

If you are indeed looking for the VZW 2.3.3 sbf, stockroms.net has it.

-jtg

JerrytheGreat

Feb 3, 2008
Still no movement on this?
My bricked R2D2 is looking very sad, sitting with no battery in it on the side of my desk...

Sanoblue

Apr 12, 2012
Still no movement on this?
My bricked R2D2 is looking very sad, sitting with no battery in it on the side of my desk...
sadly i do believe my r2d2 has suffered the same fate as yours.. ive tried updatubg with both of the available from
stockroms . net/ file/ Droid2/ Droid2R2D2

Bootloader
D2.37
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F thou ive had several variations

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB Data Cable

this is what i get when i connect it.. it acts like its flashing but never does.... when it reboots it goes right back to the loader with same mem_map blank error

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x00D237

Ok since no one is answering Ill say this.

You CANNOT SBF back. The 2.3.4 update changes your bootloader. None of the SBFs will work anymore once you update. This was told the day it was released. You will also lose Root ability.

Sorry but until someone can overcome the bootloader or the current SBF is leaked you peeps are stuck.

JerrytheGreat

Feb 3, 2008
Ok since no one is answering Ill say this.

You CANNOT SBF back. The 2.3.4 update changes your bootloader. None of the SBFs will work anymore once you update. This was told the day it was released. You will also lose Root ability.

Sorry but until someone can overcome the bootloader or the current SBF is leaked you peeps are stuck.

Thank you, Captain Obvious, for restating the subject of this thread..

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
Not trying to be an ass, just wondering why you installed the update knowing that you would lose root and couldn't SBF back.

JerrytheGreat

Feb 3, 2008
Not trying to be an ass, just wondering why you installed the update knowing that you would lose root and couldn't SBF back.

A. My batt life and stability tanked after the update, and I was fed up
B. Didn't think it through
C. I thought I could easily download the most recent sbf and reflash-but didnt check first to see its wasn't available.
D. I have a spare phone, so knew if I bricked it, I would be OK
E. I'm not shocked or mad, I'm already married, so enough told-you-so's

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
That's why I love me some MIUI. Also why Moto is on the bottom of my list for future upgrades. Sony is looking dead sexy about now.

JerrytheGreat

Feb 3, 2008
Please Keep an Eye Peeled--Lots of People need this

Well this thread and about 4 others all drill down to the same issue.

We are all looking for a leaked 2.3.4 sbf for Verizon Droid2 or R2D2. Please all you people in the know keep your eyes peeled for a leak, and post the second it appears (if ever).

jtg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

****SOLUTION POSTED AT THE END*****
    The sbf has been leaked, and is available:
    Here:
    http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
    and Here:
    goo.gl/9SdIy