[Q] Help! How to unbrick my evo 3d cdma

Search This thread

mikehan

Aug 29, 2011
I think I brick my EVO 3D CDMA after flashing a incorrect ROM.
Now the phone can't work.
It appears like "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" when I connect the phone to my computer.
How to unbrick my EVO 3D CDMA ?
Thanks a lot!

JTNiggle

Jun 6, 2010
Pac NW
Does adb work?

If so, can you do, 'adb reboot bootloader' to put you in fastboot?

Isn't this thing supposed to be an e-reader, weird.

JTNiggle

Jun 6, 2010
Pac NW
so, can you power it up into fastboot with power and volume down?

or, have you tried running an RUU?

Skyphos

Apr 15, 2011
Ft. Knox, KY
Any additional info? Was it just a ROM you were trying to flash or was it a radio or recovery or something? I've never seen a rom flash attempt go that bad. I recall, a few posts back, someone else flashing a ROM for an EVO 4G or something on his and he' was ok after a little work. If you can't get to recovery, hboot, or get adb to see your phone correctly i'm not 100% sure. You may be able to push a RUU to it via adb despite it showing up with a weird name. Or you may be able to flash a recoery to it via adb then install your desired .zip from there after wiping all data.

Keep us posted.

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Just because you can fastboot and run a ruu doesn't mean your in the clear. My 3d is bricked right now, it will ruu,boot into rom ,even flash a rom. It doesn't have any radio info, or msid, qspt wont see the phone either.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using xda premium

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I was playing around in a rom kitchen with aosp rom and the kitchen tries to convert updater scripts to update binary, rather than choose no I must've chosen yes, lol. After I flashed I lost all phone identity, Thu tuns but skip line 14 of the ruu, says bypassing. Anyway once the ruu ran the phone just reboots over and over now :(

dastin1015

I was playing around in a rom kitchen with aosp rom and the kitchen tries to convert updater scripts to update binary, rather than choose no I must've chosen yes, lol. After I flashed I lost all phone identity, Thu tuns but skip line 14 of the ruu, says bypassing. Anyway once the ruu ran the phone just reboots over and over now :(

An updater-script is just telling recovery what to do when flashing and settings permissions and whatnot. The kitchen is required to turn it into an update-script (old syntax) because it is the syntax used commonly on older devices that many people still use and is what the scripts in the kitchen use to perform its functions. The kitchen will convert it back into an updater-script when building the ROM.

P.S. Bricking means to render it completely useless. If it boots at all and can do certain things it is soft bricked not bricked. :)

Sent from my HTC Hero making C.R.E.A.M.

Last edited:

mikehan

Aug 29, 2011
An updater-script is just telling recovery what to do when flashing and settings permissions and whatnot. The kitchen is required to turn it into an update-script (old syntax) because it is the syntax used commonly on older devices that many people still use and is what the scripts in the kitchen use to perform its functions. The kitchen will convert it back into an updater-script when building the ROM.

P.S. Bricking means to render it completely useless. If it boots at all and can do certain things it is soft bricked not bricked. :)

Sent from my HTC Hero making C.R.E.A.M.

I'm sure that my HTC is real bricked.

mikehan

Aug 29, 2011
I have tried every possible ways to solve the problem, but it still can't work.
So I have to send back to the factory, maybe they can repair it.
Thank you all for your detail replies.

Top Liked Posts