[Q] Strange sound during video playback?

Search This thread

TrailorParkKid

Jun 12, 2010
Is anyone else experiencing a strange warbling sound while playing back any video? I've tried playing a video recorded by the Prime as well as videos I've downloaded. I get it through the speakers and with headphones.

Edit: Tested with the stock player, the MyNet Player, and MX Video Player.

Last edited:

BUYMECAR

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, nothing here.

The sound output isn't very loud, but the quality I get from that one measly speaker ain't bad at all.

ph0ton

Oct 14, 2006
I got it. Only tested two videos, both .avi. One had this weird..... Watery? Sound, and one didn't

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
I have experienced that sound is sometimes decoded wrongly when HW acceleration is enabled. Try and play the videos in SW and see if the problem persists.

bman2309

Jan 4, 2012
Sydney
watery noise

I have experienced that sound is sometimes decoded wrongly when HW acceleration is enabled. Try and play the videos in SW and see if the problem persists.

I can confirm this. The other day I played a new top gear episode to find it making a water noise and laggy playback. Took me a while and frustration, but it is easily fixed by changing the decoding method. You can do this in mx video player in the top right. I leave mine in s/w now...:)

ph0ton

Oct 14, 2006
I can confirm this. The other day I played a new top gear episode to find it making a water noise and laggy playback. Took me a while and frustration, but it is easily fixed by changing the decoding method. You can do this in mx video player in the top right. I leave mine in s/w now...:)
Just note that SW mode will not, at least from my experience, decode 1080p satisfactory. :)

ajk511

Jul 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

HA HA, I was also playinga to gear episode when it happened.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

TrailorParkKid

Jun 12, 2010
I installed the MX Codec for ARMv7 and I have not experienced it since. Seems to be a codec issue only. Recommend trying that and see if it fixes for others in this thread. Kinda kicking myself for not thinking about that first lol.