S2 suddenly dead

Search This thread

nupity

Dec 15, 2011
Hi, my S2 is running the spanish 4.1.2 that was flashed with ODIN a long time ago. Today it just died, when I try to switch it on it just stuck on the samsung logo (after the cool sound and animation).

I've tried to do wipe cache partition, no effect.

bogdan1980

Sep 28, 2012
Bucharest greatest city ever
It's not dead. Unplug battery then put it back, then enter odin mode or recovery mode, reset rom. You could do odin on pc or recovery on Phone

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!

nupity

Dec 15, 2011
It's not dead. Unplug battery then put it back, then enter odin mode or recovery mode, reset rom. You could do odin on pc or recovery on Phone

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!

The problem is I must get some of the data on the phone.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@nupity maybe you can flash an flashable kernel/recovery through odin so you could also push another rom to your phone, flash it and easily backup your data. You can try siyah flashable kernel for odin or maybe from philz

nupity

Dec 15, 2011
@nupity maybe you can flash an flashable kernel/recovery through odin so you could also push another rom to your phone, flash it and easily backup your data. You can try siyah flashable kernel for odin or maybe from philz

I thought about it, should I flash through odin the rom that it's running right now? It should save the data and make it run right?

And then I will backup and move to a new rom.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@nupity you can try it BUT i am not sure or it formats data/factory reset also thats why i suggested to flash an recovery to flash another 4.1.2 stock based rom. You can google it about odin to be sure. I can't google it now since my tab's browser is bugged :/ and i don remember anymore from when i had the s2 or it wipes data also. I wish you luck with this :)

nupity

Dec 15, 2011
@nupity you can try it BUT i am not sure or it formats data/factory reset also thats why i suggested to flash an recovery to flash another 4.1.2 stock based rom. You can google it about odin to be sure. I can't google it now since my tab's browser is bugged :/ and i don remember anymore from when i had the s2 or it wipes data also. I wish you luck with this :)
I remember that when I did it (it was an upgrade from 2.3.5) nothing was lost, but I hope someone can answer me that.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I remember that when I did it (it was an upgrade from 2.3.5) nothing was lost, but I hope someone can answer me that.

I accessed my pc again since 4 days :p I have read that ODIN wipes your data/factory reset but keeps your pictures/videos and other downloads intact but other says that odin doesn't Wipe data/factory reset so I am not sure about it. I hope that some other samsung user could help you with your problem since I didn't used Odin for over a year :crying:

nupity

Dec 15, 2011
I accessed my pc again since 4 days :p I have read that ODIN wipes your data/factory reset but keeps your pictures/videos and other downloads intact but other says that odin doesn't Wipe data/factory reset so I am not sure about it. I hope that some other samsung user could help you with your problem since I didn't used Odin for over a year :crying:
Just flashed PhilZ kernel. It boots but right now it stucks on "Android is upgrading.. Starting apps"

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just flashed PhilZ kernel. It boots but right now it stucks on "Android is upgrading.. Starting apps"

ahh okay nupity Maybe there is something with your existing apps what you had first. Try to go to Philz recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache. If that doesn't work and it's still stuck then you maybe need to try to flash another 4.1.2 stock based romand see if it goes then so Download the rom, Format system, Cache and Dalvik cache.

nupity

Dec 15, 2011
ahh okay nupity Maybe there is something with your existing apps what you had first. Try to go to Philz recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache. If that doesn't work and it's still stuck then you maybe need to try to flash another 4.1.2 stock based romand see if it goes then so Download the rom, Format system, Cache and Dalvik cache.

Ok, did dalvik and cache wipe. It says "optimizing apps XX/89" and then get to "starting apps" again, after 5 minutes I pulled out the battery, should I let it work more time?

nupity

Dec 15, 2011

flashed this
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-simplistic-completely-stock-t1998205
through recovery and it stuck on "Starting apps" (gave it a full hour, nothing). Is there a way to get out the calender and notes information?

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@nupity its in the android/data folder but if you have recovery like i said just do advanced backup of data partition and use nandroid backup manager or something like that to get the data. Or you can just take the folder I guess :/ i am not sure anymore about the folder since i am 2 months without an android phone :p