[T/V/TL/TX][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

Search This thread

mkkyah

Mar 22, 2014
Not really, it depends on the entry point (or boot hijack) of the other recovery package. If they are both replacing the same binary to introduce recovery boot, the chance is that it will work fine...

In your case, see if your previous package maintainer has a removal tool or instructions on how to remove that recovery.
I may managed to make a clean install, at least I have rebooted to Philz, but I can't mount sdcard1. This has happened at my first install, Philz can't mount sdcard1, Twrp can mount, backup, restore but gives error while flashing new Rom.

Can you please help me with mounting sdcard1 in Philz?

edit1:
Things are confusing here.
Good news: after "clean" installing xzdualrecovery I have now newer version of twrp and it solved all my problems.
Weird: I have booted to Twrp again instead of Philz(volume up). And philz mount problem is true.

Last edited:

[NUT]

I may managed to make a clean install, at least I have rebooted to Philz, but I can't mount sdcard1. This has happened at my first install, Philz can't mount sdcard1, Twrp can mount, backup, restore but gives error while flashing new Rom.

Can you please help me with mounting sdcard1 in Philz?

I actually wonder why that fails, because it is using a similar storage layout (if not 100% identical). Can you boot to philz and then try to mount sdcard1, then adb pull the log from /tmp/recovery.log ?

Then adb shell in and copy the output of these commands:
Code:
ls /dev/block/platform
ls /dev/block/platform/mmc_sdcc.1/
ls /dev/block/platform/mmc_sdcc.2/
ls /dev/block/platform/mmc_sdcc.3/

Reactions: mkkyah

mkkyah

Mar 22, 2014
I actually wonder why that fails, because it is using a similar storage layout (if not 100% identical). Can you boot to philz and then try to mount sdcard1, then adb pull the log from /tmp/recovery.log ?

Then adb shell in and copy the output of these commands:
Code:
ls /dev/block/platform
ls /dev/block/platform/mmc_sdcc.1/
ls /dev/block/platform/mmc_sdcc.2/
ls /dev/block/platform/mmc_sdcc.3/
I have ordered a Z3 Compact due to other several hardware problems on my V(and ironically Neo's Cm12.1 running incredibly smooth on my old V, everything's fine at the moment) So it seems that I won't need this on V, but I can do this steps if you need feedback. Just give me some time to play with my new toy, than I will be back to test.
Thanks so far

Last edited:
Reactions: [NUT]

Kureiji

Dec 2, 2012
i have update to lastest 2.8.2 realese but in recovery TWRP for exmpl if i mount storage only external sdcard was visibile internal memory and internal sdcard display only a pseudo forlder named TWRP and nothig all.

? how i can resolve?

@[NUT] I had the same problem on my Xperia V, clean install of XZDR 2.8.21. I think the cause is TWRP try to mount /data/media as Internal sdcard (emulated sdcard), while our device have a separate SDCard partition.

DaCranksta

Nov 27, 2015
I have a annoying Problem with my Xperia T.
I' ve installed the newest version to my phone. But if i boot trwp or philz, after 20- 30 seconds the phone reboots. I cant do anything to stop the phone from doing that.
I start a backup, reboot.
I wait in the menu, reboot.

I use SuperSu, rooted, closed bootloader.

[NUT]

I have a annoying Problem with my Xperia T.
I' ve installed the newest version to my phone. But if i boot trwp or philz, after 20- 30 seconds the phone reboots. I cant do anything to stop the phone from doing that.
I start a backup, reboot.
I wait in the menu, reboot.

I use SuperSu, rooted, closed bootloader.

Hmm... My xperia T battery has died, until I get myself a new one I won't be able to debug it... That sounds a bit like a modem related kernel panic though...

Reboot to twrp connected to pc, wait for the crash/reboot and boot to twrp again. Make sure you have the command typed 'adb pull /proc/last_kmsg' in a CMD window and once in twrp start it.

Attach that file here for me to examine.

DaCranksta

Nov 27, 2015
Reboot to twrp connected to pc, wait for the crash/reboot and boot to twrp again. Make sure you have the command typed 'adb pull /proc/last_kmsg' in a CMD window and once in twrp start it.

Attach that file here for me to examine.

I had problems to find a way to attach it here.
But here it is ;)
I wasn´t able to post a link either because i don't have enough posts yet. Argh :(

h**p://***.file-upload.net/download-11085687/last_kmsg.last_kmsg.html
Just put in 2 T's and 3 W's ;)
Thank you :)

Reactions: [NUT]

[NUT]

But here it is ;)
I wasn´t able to post a link either because i don't have enough posts yet. Argh :(

Code:
[   50.758400] SMSM: Modem SMSM state changed to SMSM_RESET.
[   50.758583] Notify: start reset
[   50.758736] Probable fatal error on the modem.
[   50.758797] modem subsystem failure reason: (unknown, smem_get_entry failed).
[   50.758889] subsys-restart: subsystem_restart_dev(): Restart sequence requested for modem, restart_level = 1.
[   50.759011] [B]Kernel panic - not syncing: subsys-restart: Resetting the SoC - modem crashed.[/B]
The confirmation of my suspicion ... right. Now the thinking begins (again).

[NUT]

But here it is ;)

Code:
[   50.758400] SMSM: Modem SMSM state changed to SMSM_RESET.
[   50.758583] Notify: start reset
[   50.758736] Probable fatal error on the modem.
[   50.758797] modem subsystem failure reason: (unknown, smem_get_entry failed).
[   50.758889] subsys-restart: subsystem_restart_dev(): Restart sequence requested for modem, restart_level = 1.
[   50.759011] [B]Kernel panic - not syncing: subsys-restart: Resetting the SoC - modem crashed.[/B]
The confirmation of my suspicion ... right. Now the thinking begins (again).

What Firmware version are you using?

I have received a replacement battery. My T is working fine again, so I can start working on fixing the issue, but the issue doesn't occur on my T (LT30p) :eek:

@[NUT] I had the same problem on my Xperia V, clean install of XZDR 2.8.21. I think the cause is TWRP try to mount /data/media as Internal sdcard (emulated sdcard), while our device have a separate SDCard partition.

Any other solution? Tried reflashing 2.8.26 and still it mounts /data/media...

May 29, 2017
adb: error: cannot stat '..\tmp\dr.prop': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\system\bin\chargemon': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\system\bin\mr': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\system\.XZDualRecovery\xbin\dualrecovery.sh': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\tmp\NDRUtils.apk': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\system\.XZDualRecovery\xbin\rickiller.sh': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\tmp\byeselinux.ko': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat 'byeselinux\byeselinux.sh': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\tmp\wp_mod.ko': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat 'byeselinux\sysrw.sh': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\tmp\modulecrcpatch': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\system\.XZDualRecovery\xbin\busybox': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\system\.XZDualRecovery\xbin\recovery.twrp.cpio .lzma': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\system\.XZDualRecovery\xbin\recovery.philz.cpi o.lzma': No such file or directory
adb: error: cannot stat '..\tmp\installrecovery.sh': No such file or directory

Top Liked Posts