[Q] Camera on 2.1

Search This thread

stalker1981

Sep 13, 2009
I am running the 1.6 and i would say the camera is very good better than any camera i ever had on any HTC device. But the camera is a lot better in 2.1 i have read :)

well I have HD2 also, and the cam is pretty good. but on the 1.6 of my Streak is the shutter lag really terrible. much slower as of the HD2...and the flash is very poor... If the quality doesnt get better in 2.1 i will have to send the Streak back

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
Does anyone know if the dell streak will allow you to keep the flash on while recording video? Any difference in this from 1.6 vs 2.1 or if it makes a difference?

Also, I know it's off topic but can you watch youtube videos in HQ in the youtube app?

Last edited:

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
The camera has been improved, but not by much. At least it's usable now though.
The 720p filming is pretty damn good though :D

and yes, you can watch HQ videos in the youtube app.

Thanks Meltus, How about having the flash on while recording video. I know that is mainly a froyo thing but some devices with 2.1 have implimented it so though it may be possible on a new device. One can dream..

Also, was the 720p only added with the 2.1 update?

I have also heard horror stories about the keyboard on 2.1. That is probably the only thing keeping me from forcing this update. How do you like the keyboard with the 2.1 update?

Last edited:

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
The camera is slightly better, but the app is now hideous. It really is ugly and far less usable. However we should remember the leaked ROM is beta at best, its not an official release.

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
Thanks Meltus, How about having the flash on while recording video. I know that is mainly a froyo thing but some devices with 2.1 have implimented it so though it may be possible on a new device. One can dream..

Also, was the 720p only added with the 2.1 update?

I have also heard horror stories about the keyboard on 2.1. That is probably the only thing keeping me from forcing this update. How do you like the keyboard with the 2.1 update?

No, there's no flash (will probably come with 2.2) and they've also got rid of the zoom-before-you-film, which is annoying.

Yes, 720p was only added with the 2.1 beta leak.

They keyboard isn't as bad as everyone says, whilst it is a HUGE step backwards it is still usable (i use swype anyway, so it doesn't bother me).

But the camera layout is now dreadful, because when you go into the settings menu and select something, you cannot then go back to change something else, you have to close the settings menu then re-open it, which is VERY annoying.