What is your hardware version?

Search This thread

BygSii

Jan 27, 2013
Dial ##778# on your Verizon HTC One M8, press send, choose view mode, and tap display. My HW Version Is 0004 with a manufacture date of 03/27/14 . My friend has one and his is version 0004 with manufacture date of 03/09/14. I'm bringing this topic up because my HTC One M8 is different from his in a lot of ways. Brighter screen, loose volume buttons, the list goes on. So XDA, what HW Version is your HTC One M8?

HW Version: 0004
Screen: unless you have another M8 to compare to, then you probably won't notice, but my screen is beautiful with bright pure whites.
Volume rocker: loose
Camera: scratches easily
Power Button: raised
Manufacture date: 3/27

Add anything that you feel like adding.

Edit: I looked at my friends hw version wrong, it says 0004 and not 0003. But I'm still interested in knowing if their are any other hardware versions out there. Also, any similarities between manufacture dates and quality of phones.

Last edited:
0004 here manufactured 3/10/2014 mine the only two things that bug me are the power button is really flush whereas my other one it sticks out more and has a more tactile touch to it... Also my SD card tray sticks out a bit on the one side and the other one I bought doesn't... I'll have to check the other phones HW # later and update...

As a side note my CPU bin is 13 with this hardware #... Supposedly higher bin numbers tolerate OC'ing better than lower bins.... Not sure cause I haven't OC'ed a phone in a few years though lol...

Sent from my VZW M8

Not sure if the HW# and CPU binning have any correlation to each other just figured I'd throw that in...
Firewater also worked on this version no problem

Other M8 is 0004 3/12/2014... No defects or flaws

Last edited:
Reactions: BygSii

mikexda

Apr 13, 2011
Central Florida
Mine's 0004 with mfg date of 4/9/14.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has an 0005 or higher if those are the phones that firewater is not working on. It worked fine on my phone. Of course this may have absolutely nothing to do with it...

Reactions: BygSii

BygSii

Jan 27, 2013
004 as well here and my phone works fine except for a defective screen... I think hardware information is something added in with sense 6 toolbox BTW...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

What's defective about your screen? Dead pixles? That's what my first HTC one m8 had. But I didn't know about the manufacture date and hardware version at the time. I exchanged it within my fourteen days.

BygSii

Jan 27, 2013

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
004 as well here and my phone works fine except for a defective screen... I think hardware information is something added in with sense 6 toolbox BTW...

Kind of hard to explain. If you look at it from an angle you can see two tiny lines of white gives away that the screen was installed poorly. With a black picture on the display you can see this area on the right end of the screen that sort of looks like a crease against the screen. When you put the slightest bit of pressure on that right side of the screen you get the same effect as pressing on a TV or monitor... Don't know if there's a term for it but its annoying. Didn't consider replacing it until after the 14 day period. After that I figured it wasn't worth a possible refurbished phone so I live with it. I was able to s off first try on hardware 004 BTW.

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Mine is 004 & 5/10/2014 it seems mine has been the newest posted. Mine was a brand new asuron replacement was very nice to not be a refurb. I think the m8's there are a lot more warranty returns to refurb so the replacements we do get are brand new most times, cant complain about that htc has done pretty good with the m8 and the m7 was pretty good too, we really cant complain unlike the guys running samsung phones they can complain lol.

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
version

0004 3/6/2014 for me.. the only issue I have is where the lower right speaker grill meets the screen.. it's slightly raised. You can't see it unless you look very close or slowly move a finger across the section.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0004 here manufactured 3/10/2014 mine the only two things that bug me are the power button is really flush whereas my other one it sticks out more and has a more tactile touch to it... Also my SD card tray sticks out a bit on the one side and the other one I bought doesn't... I'll have to check the other phones HW # later and update...

As a side note my CPU bin is 13 with this hardware #... Supposedly higher bin numbers tolerate OC'ing better than lower bins.... Not sure cause I haven't OC'ed a phone in a few years though lol...

Sent from my VZW M8

Not sure if the HW# and CPU binning have any correlation to each other just figured I'd throw that in...
    Firewater also worked on this version no problem

Other M8 is 0004 3/12/2014... No defects or flaws
    Mine's 0004 with mfg date of 4/9/14.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has an 0005 or higher if those are the phones that firewater is not working on. It worked fine on my phone. Of course this may have absolutely nothing to do with it...