[Q] SuperSU - Where is Temp Unroot?

Search This thread

leebo

Apr 4, 2007
I am using superSU, and I need temporary unroot to try and fix my issue with google Wallet.

However, I can't find the option called "Temporary Unroot"! I have searched XDA and also done a general google search. the feature is mentioned all over the place, but nowhere does anybody explain where it is or how to access it.

In SuperSU, under settings, I found the option to enable or disable "superuser", but that's all. Is that it? Confused.:confused:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I am using superSU, and I need temporary unroot to try and fix my issue with google Wallet.

However, I can't find the option called "Temporary Unroot"! I have searched XDA and also done a general google search. the feature is mentioned all over the place, but nowhere does anybody explain where it is or how to access it.

In SuperSU, under settings, I found the option to enable or disable "superuser", but that's all. Is that it? Confused.:confused:
Yes, that's it.

Reactions: chevro1et and leebo

leebo

Apr 4, 2007
Thanks Captain.

Since my post I've seemed to have screwed up my Build.prop file and now it won't boot. I hope that $10 from Google Wallet will be worth it! Ha.

EPayne123

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Myers
Yes, Disable SuperUser is the correct option within the app. If you have already opened Walletbthen you will need to disable then reboot. Now in terms of the OTA Updating and trying to OTA you can use SuperSU Pro and enable before OTA but disable BEFORE BackUp within Recovery

Brought To You By TapTalk 2 Via LTevo

Last edited:
Reactions: chevro1et

gregaste

Mar 5, 2011
Near Paris
Yes[...] Now in terms of the OTA Updating and trying to OTA you can use SuperSU Pro and enable before OTA but disable BEFORE BackUp within Recovery
Thank you, I was looking for this exact thing !

But I don't understand the last part, about backupenavke what? why pro ? and how strong is recommended a backup for a simple Ota From 2.2 to 2.3

??

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009

if you or anybody else coming across this thread is interested in the technical details around how this works, the process is very simple with some background knowledge.
there are two elements in play when an application, such as Google Wallet, or any other application attempts to verify whether or not the device has root access. It can directly attempt to issue the "su" command see if it gets returned elevated privileges, or it can look for the su binary to be specifically located in /system/bin or /system/xbin.
based on the methods used to determine root access, you can "temporarily" unroot by moving/renaming root access away from the standard location.
example:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
mv /system/bin/su /system/bin/backupsu
mount -o remount,ro /system /system
exit

now root access has been moved and android apps requiring root or searching for root access won't be able to locate it. when you want to restore root access, follow these steps based on the example above:
adb shell
backupsu
mv /system/bin/backup /system/bin/su
exit

these steps will moved the su binary back to the standard location. hope that helps provide some insight and detail to the process!

Official_Noob

Oct 25, 2013
Sin City, Las Vegas, NV
Yes, Disable SuperUser is the correct option within the app. If you have already opened Walletbthen you will need to disable then reboot. Now in terms of the OTA Updating and trying to OTA you can use SuperSU Pro and enable before OTA but disable BEFORE BackUp within Recovery

^^^
Doesn't work on N7100 with or without rebooting after unchecking the box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if you or anybody else coming across this thread is interested in the technical details around how this works, the process is very simple with some background knowledge.
    there are two elements in play when an application, such as Google Wallet, or any other application attempts to verify whether or not the device has root access. It can directly attempt to issue the "su" command see if it gets returned elevated privileges, or it can look for the su binary to be specifically located in /system/bin or /system/xbin.
    based on the methods used to determine root access, you can "temporarily" unroot by moving/renaming root access away from the standard location.
    example:
    adb shell
    su
    mv /system/bin/su /system/bin/backupsu
    exit

now root access has been moved and android apps requiring root or searching for root access won't be able to locate it. when you want to restore root access, follow these steps based on the example above:
    adb shell
    backupsu
    mv /system/bin/backup /system/bin/su
    exit

these steps will moved the su binary back to the standard location. hope that helps provide some insight and detail to the process!

Yes, that's it.