[The Official] VETS Lounge/Resource Center

Search This thread

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
I created this thread as a way to thank our VETS who are, or have served in a war. (any war). Please show your gratitude here. VETS are also welcome to introduce themselves, and share their stories. ALL military persons are welcome here! Share your stories and have fun. :thumbup: Hooo-Rahh!!

Rules: There is only one rule...Be Respectful. Do not engage in political views, personal debates, or share your opinions about the war, or what our VETS are doing, or have done. This thread is strictly for VETS to introduce themselves, share their stories, and for civilians to show their support and gratitude for their sacrifice and dedication for our country. This rule will be strictly enforced, so please be mindful of this when posting. Thank You.

I'll start...

While I'm not a VET myself, I volunteer for the US Department of Veteran's Affairs as an activities coordinator, where I create activities and companionship for WWII, Korean, Vietnam, and Desert Storm VETS. Most of them are elderly, and facing mortality, suffering from moderate to severe depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Most of them are lonely, so I create activities that cater to their specific wants and needs, which in turn stimulates happiness, and an improved quality of life in their latter years. My wife also works there as a Medical Support Assistant, where she works in the urgent care dept. assisting VETS by addressing health issues, and providing them with the care they so desperately need. We both are very proud of what we do, because it's our way of giving back to those who have lost so much...

"Semper Fidelis"
"This We'll Defend"
"Uno Ab Alto"
"Aim High...Fly-Fight-Win"
"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"
"Always Ready; Always There"
"Semper Paratus"
"Sua Sponte"

Veterans Crisis Line: (800)-273-8255

US Dept. of Veterans Affairs: http://www.va.gov/

Outreach Support Groups for VETS: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/peer_support_groups.asp

http://www.veteransoutreachcenter.org/?mobile=1

Survivors of Fallen VETS Support Group: http://m.nrd.gov/family_and_caregiver_support/survivors/survivor_organizations

Disabled Veteran's National Foundation: http://www.dvnf.org/?nomobile=1

Suffering from PTSD? Download this free app for Android. PTSD Coach is a mobile app for managing PTSD.
http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/ptsdcoach.asp

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Adapt and Overcome!

Freedom is never Free...

UPDATE: I have decided to alao make this thread a resource center. I will regularly add info such as resources, hotlines, outreach, and anything the VETS need. All feedback is welcome, and I will gladly add anything you all feel should be here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

Sent from my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premium.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
As an OIF VET (07-08) I approve of this thread.

I got out as a Sgt in the Marine Corps. Thanks for the support you are showing the troops PeartFan.

Thank you for your sacrfice serving our country. :thumbup::beer: Freedom is never free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
VERY good thread idea Peart. I live close to Camp Pendelton Marine Base, and I see our service men and women every day. Each and every one of them deserves a nod. Past and present service members equal.

Thanks Skinny. There's never enough we could do to thank them. Thanks for posting brother! :thumbup::)

TheSkinnyDrummer

Feb 12, 2012
Fallbrook, CA
www.vimeo.com
Thanks Skinny. There's never enough we could do to thank them. Thanks for posting brother! :thumbup::)

One of my biggest regrets, but that's for another thread.

I praise our soldiers.

Good luck to this thread, I hope to see some posts here in the morning.

soclean

May 17, 2009
Sacramento
OIF veteran

Former Marine SGT. servedmy tour of duty as a reservist dployed to Iraq in 2007-2008. all in all it was an awesome experience. Deployed with some very amazing people. Everyone i left with came home happy and healthy. I understand some others are not as lucky and my heart goes out to them and thier families.

One thing i have never asked for and never will ask for is a thank you. But to anyone feeling as if they need to do so, i will tell you it was a pleasure and if things in my life hadnt changed significantly for me after my return home I would still be humbly serving our nation.

Semper Fi

Yeah its a Marine thing but its also a life thing.

Also another note. I was a weather observer a profession which is now phased out. Now they only have weather forcasters and I was an air wing Marine on Al Asad air base. So my experiences may vary greatly from the larger group of my brothers and sisters who also served.

StormMcCloud

Jul 21, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
Pshh... Marines... sorry but it's all about the Navy! Lol. USS Russell DDG-59 in the good ole Pineapple Navy. Pearl Harbor

(The Marines comment is a joke people just in case it offends anyone.)

if you're using a D2VZW and are on an AOSP ROM. disable HW overlays in dev options and stop clogging threads about your screen flickers.

Pssh you guys are just our water taxis. :p

StormMcCloud

Jul 21, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
OK OK men, let's not and say we did. This is getting away from the purpose of this thread. A little ball-busting is ok, but please keep it in check. ;):beer::):thumbup:

Thank You.

We know, lol, simple light jokes like the ones we just said are always meant in good fun. It's rare to find someone who will take them seriously. :good:

85gallon

OK OK men, let's not and say we did. This is getting away from the purpose of this thread. A little ball-busting is ok, but please keep it in check. ;):beer::):thumbup:

Thank You.

The jabbing is normal comradery among the branches.

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA

OK...I digress...carry on as you were..I don't want to interfere in your normal comradery. The Moderator in me took over for a second. ;)

Last edited:

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA

I got out as a Sgt in the Marine Corps. Thanks for the support you are showing the troops PeartFan.

What does OIF mean?

ODS Vet here.

Hats off to all of the other vets here and the OP!!

The war I was in was nothing compared to what other vets have endured.

What does ODS mean?

TheSkinnyDrummer

Feb 12, 2012
Fallbrook, CA
www.vimeo.com
I'll just leave this here.;)

Wa3jh.jpeg

Sent from your mom.

Reactions: PeartFan40

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Well what do we have here....

First, OP thx for this thread....as a Marine who served 20+ yrs on active duty. Always finding a fellow jarhead in these XDA threads is Good to Go! Been retired now for 5 yrs...

Keep in mind, in today's military it is a purple world. Meaning joint services and even with the UN peace keepers.
I have had the Honor of serving and spilling the same blood with almost all branches of the Military.

Semper Fi and my deepest respect to all who have and still wearing the uniform. Those individuals know what it takes...
I get asked would I go back to active duty if the USMC asked....in a heart beat, without hesitation.

Thx again Danny for your support to us Veterans and as always Good to Go!

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Pshh... Marines... sorry but it's all about the Navy! Lol. USS Russell DDG-59 in the good ole Pineapple Navy. Pearl Harbor

(The Marines comment is a joke people just in case it offends anyone.)

if you're using a D2VZW and are on an AOSP ROM. disable HW overlays in dev options and stop clogging threads about your screen flickers.

Pssh you guys are just our water taxis. :p

That's hilarious! You guys travelled by land and water? All they gave me was a drop zone and a parachute;)
U.S. Army, Airborne 13B
Field Artillery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this thread as a way to thank our VETS who are, or have served in a war. (any war). Please show your gratitude here. VETS are also welcome to introduce themselves, and share their stories. ALL military persons are welcome here! Share your stories and have fun. :thumbup: Hooo-Rahh!!

Rules: There is only one rule...Be Respectful. Do not engage in political views, personal debates, or share your opinions about the war, or what our VETS are doing, or have done. This thread is strictly for VETS to introduce themselves, share their stories, and for civilians to show their support and gratitude for their sacrifice and dedication for our country. This rule will be strictly enforced, so please be mindful of this when posting. Thank You.

I'll start...

While I'm not a VET myself, I volunteer for the US Department of Veteran's Affairs as an activities coordinator, where I create activities and companionship for WWII, Korean, Vietnam, and Desert Storm VETS. Most of them are elderly, and facing mortality, suffering from moderate to severe depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Most of them are lonely, so I create activities that cater to their specific wants and needs, which in turn stimulates happiness, and an improved quality of life in their latter years. My wife also works there as a Medical Support Assistant, where she works in the urgent care dept. assisting VETS by addressing health issues, and providing them with the care they so desperately need. We both are very proud of what we do, because it's our way of giving back to those who have lost so much...

"Semper Fidelis"
    "This We'll Defend"
    "Uno Ab Alto"
    "Aim High...Fly-Fight-Win"
    "Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
    "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"
    "Always Ready; Always There"
    "Semper Paratus"
    "Sua Sponte"

Veterans Crisis Line: (800)-273-8255

US Dept. of Veterans Affairs: http://www.va.gov/

Outreach Support Groups for VETS: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/peer_support_groups.asp

http://www.veteransoutreachcenter.org/?mobile=1

Survivors of Fallen VETS Support Group: http://m.nrd.gov/family_and_caregiver_support/survivors/survivor_organizations

Disabled Veteran's National Foundation: http://www.dvnf.org/?nomobile=1

Suffering from PTSD? Download this free app for Android. PTSD Coach is a mobile app for managing PTSD.
    http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/ptsdcoach.asp

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Adapt and Overcome!

Freedom is never Free...

UPDATE: I have decided to alao make this thread a resource center. I will regularly add info such as resources, hotlines, outreach, and anything the VETS need. All feedback is welcome, and I will gladly add anything you all feel should be here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank You.

Well what do we have here....

First, OP thx for this thread....as a Marine who served 20+ yrs on active duty. Always finding a fellow jarhead in these XDA threads is Good to Go! Been retired now for 5 yrs...

Keep in mind, in today's military it is a purple world. Meaning joint services and even with the UN peace keepers.
    I have had the Honor of serving and spilling the same blood with almost all branches of the Military.

Semper Fi and my deepest respect to all who have and still wearing the uniform. Those individuals know what it takes...
    I get asked would I go back to active duty if the USMC asked....in a heart beat, without hesitation.

Thx again Danny for your support to us Veterans and as always Good to Go!