[MOD][XPOSED] Hide Apps Xposed (v1.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Nov 10, 2013
plus.google.com
Hide Apps Xposed

Hide Apps Xposed is an Android Xposed framework module to hide apps (launcher icons) from the Google Now Launcher (GNL), formerly known as Google Experience Launcher (GEL).

Usage
Open the app, check the apps you want to hide and reboot or force stop Google Search.

Requirements
Changelog
v1.1.1
  • no new features, just an update to reflect the new name of the launcher
v1.1.0
  • keep apps hidden even after app update (except the launcher name changes)
v1.0.4
  • fixes bug where all apps with same name get hidden when one of them is selected to hide
v1.0.3
  • fixes bug where an app was hidden mistakenly if its name contains the name of an app to hide
  • PLEASE REINSTALL THE APP IF YOU GET AN ERROR DURING UPDATE (it is now correctly signed by my own key!)
v1.0.2
  • App list shows now the same set of apps as the app drawer of GEL
v1.0.1
  • Official release
Known issues
  • none (for the moment :) )
Source code
https://github.com/depressiveRobot/HideAppsXposed

Download
You can download the module using the Xposed Installer or here.

Last edited:

Florian Bichl

May 16, 2013
Please try to make an update and include the module in settings. It would be nicer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Florian Bichl

May 16, 2013
Hm, I don't think that most users want that. We will see and maybe I add such an option. Btw this is my first Android app, so don't expect fast development...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't expect fast development. It must be hard to build an app. Hope you will decide to add this opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Hm, I don't think that most users want that. We will see and maybe I add such an option. Btw this is my first Android app, so don't expect fast development...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Working good, been waiting for something like this :good:

I like that we can even hide the "Hide Apps" app :) from drawer and still access it via the Xposed modules section. I also like that you can put an app into a folder on the desktop and then hide it, and it stays in the folder! Very cool.

Last edited:

rossarnie

Jul 31, 2012
Joburg
This is a great idea, thank you!

But a number of apps I have selected to hide are still visible, such as Google Settings.

a3Dman

Sep 17, 2011
Great module

This is an awesome module, great job.

I had this problem, when I hide Google app it hides Google+ also.
oh and hidden apps show again after updating, otherwise all is working fine.

DashingGentleman

May 22, 2010
Thanks a lot for making this - I have been waiting for this module since GEL has existed.

The fact that you can hide apps from the drawer but keep any homescreen shortcuts accessible is great - I just have all "computer janitor" stuff like other xposed modules and Hide Apps itself stashed away in a folder now and not cluttering up the app drawer.

Nov 10, 2013
plus.google.com
Reactions: rossarnie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hide Apps Xposed

Hide Apps Xposed is an Android Xposed framework module to hide apps (launcher icons) from the Google Now Launcher (GNL), formerly known as Google Experience Launcher (GEL).

Usage
    Open the app, check the apps you want to hide and reboot or force stop Google Search.

Requirements
    Changelog
    v1.1.1
    • no new features, just an update to reflect the new name of the launcher
    v1.1.0
    • keep apps hidden even after app update (except the launcher name changes)
    v1.0.4
    • fixes bug where all apps with same name get hidden when one of them is selected to hide
    v1.0.3
    • fixes bug where an app was hidden mistakenly if its name contains the name of an app to hide
    • PLEASE REINSTALL THE APP IF YOU GET AN ERROR DURING UPDATE (it is now correctly signed by my own key!)
    v1.0.2
    • App list shows now the same set of apps as the app drawer of GEL
    v1.0.1
    • Official release
    Known issues
    • none (for the moment :) )
    Source code
    https://github.com/depressiveRobot/HideAppsXposed

Download
    You can download the module using the Xposed Installer or here.
    I'm closing this thread to avoid 20 pages of "doesn't work!" comments. As a reminder, you can find the source here and send a pull request to make it compatible with the latest GEL update. ;)

@depressiveRobot, please let PM me or any mod when you want this thread reopened.
    new bug fix release v1.0.2

I released a new version which shows the same set of apps as the app drawer of the GEL. This should fix the problem with Google Settings app and others.
    A nice feature could be the possibility of rename app in GEL :D

+1
    new bug fix release v1.0.4

Currently I have some extra time so I was able to fix the latest bug :victory: Version 1.0.4 should fix the bug where all apps with same name (e.g. Clock) get hidden if one of them is selected to hide.