Difference between E975 and F180L

Search This thread

dreamkill3r

Oct 19, 2011
Hello everyone,I'm sorry if I repeat someone's question,but I didn't find an answer....I think of buying an optimus g and I have found that there are more models beside it's name,so I want to ask you if somebody can explain which is the difference between E975 and F180L because I don't want to buy the phone without knowing some details and regret afterwards....thanks in advance)

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Hello everyone,I'm sorry if I repeat someone's question,but I didn't find an answer....I think of buying an optimus g and I have found that there are more models beside it's name,so I want to ask you if somebody can explain which is the difference between E975 and F180L because I don't want to buy the phone without knowing some details and regret afterwards....thanks in advance)
I think the biggest practical difference of F180 is no LTE outside of Korea, due to the hardware incompatibility. If LTE is important to you, F180 is not a good choice. If you are OK with 3G only, then it may be OK, but I strongly suggest doing some reading on many topics regarding the "conversion" of F180 F/L/S models to E975, just so you understand associated potential problems and headaches. Bottom line: if you like a challenge, and don't mind taking chances, go for it, but only if the price is right (if the price difference in your case is not substantial, then it's not worth the trouble). Otherwise, stick with E975.

Reactions: dreamkill3r

dreamkill3r

Oct 19, 2011
I think the biggest practical difference of F180 is no LTE outside of Korea, due to the hardware incompatibility. If LTE is important to you, F180 is not a good choice. If you are OK with 3G only, then it may be OK, but I strongly suggest doing some reading on many topics regarding the "conversion" of F180 F/L/S models to E975, just so you understand associated potential problems and headaches. Bottom line: if you like a challenge, and don't mind taking chances, go for it, but only if the price is right (if the price difference in your case is not substantial, then it's not worth the trouble). Otherwise, stick with E975.

thanks,I have found this article http://www.cellrabta.pk/2013/10/how-to-convert-f180-skl-to-e975-lg-optimus-g/ ,it's explained really good how to convert to E975 and if the only problem about this phone is in it's firmware and I can be fixed after converting it to e975,then I think I will buy it)
thanks for help)

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
thanks,I have found this article http://www.cellrabta.pk/2013/10/how-to-convert-f180-skl-to-e975-lg-optimus-g/ ,it's explained really good how to convert to E975 and if the only problem about this phone is in it's firmware and I can be fixed after converting it to e975,then I think I will buy it)
thanks for help)
Yes, that article pretty much sums up the most common way of converting F180 to E975, even though I took a different route, which was easier and made more sense to me (but I am in the minority here, along with a few other people)... You can also find all this information here on XDA, plus, a lot of useful discussions about all sorts of different problems some people are having after the conversion, most common one being a weak or lost signal. Again, before you decide to go ahead with it, I would recommend to do some reading on XDA OG forums. If you go for it, make sure you do every possible backup (especially EFS) before starting to mess with your phone, so you can revert back to where you started, if you need to, without a major screw-up... Good luck! :)

Oh, BTW -- the article you referenced doesn't mention one important part. Technically, it's optional, but at least you should know about it. Optimus G (any model) has a locked bootloader. So, if you ever want to flash a custom recovery, or a custom ROM (or any unsigned zip, for that matter), or to do Nandroid backups, etc., you need to unlock the bootloader first -- rooting alone won't do the trick. "There is an app for that". (c) :) Look up FreeGee on Play Store. Again, read about it here on XDA -- the process has been described in details. Good place to start would be a great FAQ thread by @kimitza; you can take it from there.

Last edited:

dreamkill3r

Oct 19, 2011
Yes, that article pretty much sums up the most common way of converting F180 to E975, even though I took a different route, which was easier and made more sense to me (but I am in the minority here, along with a few other people)... You can also find all this information here on XDA, plus, a lot of useful discussions about all sorts of different problems some people are having after the conversion, most common one being a weak or lost signal. Again, before you decide to go ahead with it, I would recommend to do some reading on XDA OG forums. If you go for it, make sure you do every possible backup (especially EFS) before starting to mess with your phone, so you can revert back to where you started, if you need to, without a major screw-up... Good luck! :)

Oh, BTW -- the article you referenced doesn't mention one important part. Technically, it's optional, but at least you should know about it. Optimus G (any model) has a locked bootloader. So, if you ever want to flash a custom recovery, or a custom ROM (or any unsigned zip, for that matter), or to do Nandroid backups, etc., you need to unlock the bootloader first -- rooting alone won't do the trick. "There is an app for that". (c) :) Look up FreeGee on Play Store. Again, read about it here on XDA -- the process has been described in details. Good place to start would be a great FAQ thread by @kimitza; you can take it from there.

oh thank you for your help) I still have some time so I will think more or even I will try to find money maybe to buy e975 idk,anyway,even if I will buy the f180,now I know what should I do/read thanks to you all)

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013

F180L will never work for 4g/LTE but K or S will .. mine S supports 1800 (B3) which is supported in many countries
K supports 1800 only L supports 850 only which used in korea, Belize, usa, philpines ONLY
and L version supports CDMA (for LTE) which is NOT GSM CDMA uses sprint and virgin mobile in USA

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

oh thank you for your help) I still have some time so I will think more or even I will try to find money maybe to buy e975 idk,anyway,even if I will buy the f180,now I know what should I do/read thanks to you all)

depend where u live check your LTE bands in your town/area what supports !
L vesrion supports LTE 850 only and CDMA 1800 (NOT LTE 1800)
K version supports LTE 1800 only
S version suppotrs LTE 1800 and LTE 850

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
F180L will never work for 4g/LTE but K or S will .. mine S supports 1800 (B3) which is supported in many countries
Does that come from theory, or from first-hand experience? Did you make the F180S work on LTE network in UK (or elsewhere)? Just asking, because I don't think I ever heard of such accomplishment. Either I totally missed it (very possible), or you would be the first...

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Does that come from theory, or from first-hand experience? Did you make the F180S work on LTE network in UK (or elsewhere)? Just asking, because I don't think I ever heard of such accomplishment. Either I totally missed it (very possible), or you would be the first...

Not yet because stupid 3 uk postponing 4g launch
but when i manually searching for networks it is there
on manually shows L/W L is LTE W is WCDMA but operator wont register my SIM to L yet
and 3uk supports 800MHZ that F180S doesnt support but 1800MHz F180S does support
vy63.png

Last edited:

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Not yet because stupid 3 uk postponing 4g launch
but when i manually searching for networks it is there
on manually shows L/W L is LTE W is WCDMA but operator wont register my SIM to L yet
and 3uk supports 800MHZ that F180S doesnt support but 1800MHz F180S does support
I would be really impressed if it actually works for you. Please share your experience, whenever your carrier goes live with LTE.

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
I would be really impressed if it actually works for you. Please share your experience, whenever your carrier goes live with LTE.

on pic say very good service but they wont let any users to register .. only employees and managers probably enjoying!
in march .. and they promised in december 2013 i knew it it wont be true then they said in january and now is february and says on pic postponed in march .. bet it will be end of march and they will postpone again .. in april

noaf.jpg

Last edited:

dreamkill3r

Oct 19, 2011
K supports 1800 only L supports 850 only which used in korea, Belize, usa, philpines ONLY
and L version supports CDMA (for LTE) which is NOT GSM CDMA uses sprint and virgin mobile in USA

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

in my country LTE coverage is small and the price is big,that's why I'm not going to use it....so I'm looking for a E975 model to buy to avoid the potential problems after converting the f180 to e975

and btw I have a question,if the phone was unlocked from a network operator(at&t for example) will it work as a neverlocked phone? or it can have some bugs? or in general,is it possible to unlock it by myself?

Last edited:

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
in my country LTE coverage is small and the price is big,that's why I'm not going to use it....so I'm looking for a E975 model to buy to avoid the potential problems after converting the f180 to e975

and btw I have a question,if the phone was unlocked from a network operator(at&t for example) will it work as a neverlocked phone? or it can have some bugs? or in general,is it possible to unlock it by myself?

My network not gonna increase price for 4g theysay ''at no extra cost'' yeah will see till when..

yeah once unlocked it is like never locked no no issues after
but korean mobiles arenever locked tho..

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
and it's possible to unlock it only with a code which is not free,right?)
I am not aware of any free unlock methods (which doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist, I just haven't heard of them). Anyway, I unlocked a bunch of different LG phones using freemyblackberry.com, and I can definitely recommend them. Right now, they are selling unlock codes for any LG phone for just $2 -- can't get any cheaper than that...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks for help)

TDMB antennae and no FM radio for f180

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk