[4.4+] Immersive Mode, Don't Panic!

Search This thread

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Introduction:
Android shows you a help message when you first start an app in Immersive Mode. When you press the 'OK' button, Android sets a flag to remember you saw this message, and stops showing it in the future for this app.
However, Android resets this flag when a panicking user is detected. This is a safeguard measure to help people who don't know what's happening (if they dismissed the message without reading it.) Panicking is detected when the user turns the screen on and off more than once within 5 seconds.
This stackoverflow answer explains this behavior in details.
This simple module makes the method responsible for this check do nothing, thus removing this annoyance.
If you've never encountered this issue, you don't need this module.

Requirements:
  • Xposed Framework;
  • Android KitKat or higher;
  • A navigation bar (no hardware buttons.)

Source code:
https://github.com/GermainZ/ImmersiveModeDontPanic

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.germainz.immersivemodedontpanic

Changelog:
1.1.2:
  • Compatibility with Lollipop. Won't install/work on earlier versions.
1.1:
  • New preference: Hide All Popups. If enabled, all the "Welcome to Immersive Mode" popups will be hidden, not only repeated popups.
1.0:
  • Initial release.

• rovo89 and Tungstwenty for the Xposed Framework.

Attachments

• M6xcnJp.png
    M6xcnJp.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 10,393
Last edited:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Running miui on nexus 5.. Install xposed went well.. But can't install this app..
Have you tried tapping the 'Install' button? If that isn't enough, then I'm going to need more info. Why can't you install it? Any errors? What Android version are you running? Have you read the thread's title, which is the first thing you ought to read, or the OP, which is the second?

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Works great on my LG Optimus G (e970). Thanks! I thought it was a bug in the 4.4.2 ROM I am using.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

keen36

Jul 26, 2012
Berlin
i also thought this was a bug with my rom :silly: -until it happened on a different rom.

i run this other module "force immersive mode" which forces fullscreen on chosen apps, but was highly annoyed by this panic thing.
"it is not a bug, it is a feature" :rolleyes:

op, you saved us from being annoyed countless times for no reason at all. :good:

Farshid-Iran

Dec 2, 2013
Gilan/Lahijan
www.apktops.ir
I need Your Help...
do you can MAKE a app for add FORCE STOP&WIPE DATA&UNINSTALL... option in recent apps panel??????
I now this action available in android 4.4 but I'm use the 4.2...
PLS MAKE IT.PLS...

Top Liked Posts