[APP] [LoA] Complete Linux Installer

Search This thread

devwithzachary

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
LinuxonAndroid is an on going project to bring a range of Linux distrobutions to Android devices, as the project has developed the team has grown and clear parts of the project have developed.

This thread has been created to handle development of the app itself, other parts of the project (Linux images, bootscripts etc) will have there own threads to talk about these sections and avoid confusions as the old thread has grown to 200+ pages.

XDA:DevDB Information
Complete Linux Installer, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
zacthespack

Version Information

Created 2014-06-07
Last Updated 2014-06-07

Reactions: shivambajaj

robherc

Apr 13, 2014
can this work with a linux distro and the bionic hdmi port... Now cm11 has a working hdmi port it can be like webtop.
I'm not sure about the bionic hdmi port, as I haven't played with one of those yet, but this will allow you to load a linux distro with very nearly 100% functionality, the only real limits to the linux functionality are from not being able to compiler new drivers into the kernel that's stored by android, and the potential lack of some packages/functions in the ARM versions of some linux distributions.
One thing to be aware of, however, since you mentioned CM11, is that there is a glitch caused in the current version of the Complete Linux Installer app by CM11 ROMs which causes you to need to either manually input one command line to start the bootloader script, or set up a widget on your device to do that for you (sorry, it's a CyanogenMod quirk. We're working on it, but so far it's hard to track down since only CM seems to cause it).

Casey Walt

Mar 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure about the bionic hdmi port, as I haven't played with one of those yet, but this will allow you to load a linux distro with very nearly 100% functionality, the only real limits to the linux functionality are from not being able to compiler new drivers into the kernel that's stored by android, and the potential lack of some packages/functions in the ARM versions of some linux distributions.
One thing to be aware of, however, since you mentioned CM11, is that there is a glitch caused in the current version of the Complete Linux Installer app by CM11 ROMs which causes you to need to either manually input one command line to start the bootloader script, or set up a widget on your device to do that for you (sorry, it's a CyanogenMod quirk. We're working on it, but so far it's hard to track down since only CM seems to cause it).

Im at school so I can't test it but I'll try and report back...hope it works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LinuxonAndroid is an on going project to bring a range of Linux distrobutions to Android devices, as the project has developed the team has grown and clear parts of the project have developed.

This thread has been created to handle development of the app itself, other parts of the project (Linux images, bootscripts etc) will have there own threads to talk about these sections and avoid confusions as the old thread has grown to 200+ pages.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Complete Linux Installer, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    zacthespack

Version Information

Created 2014-06-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-07