Bug in restricted profile management

Search This thread

kangol321

Jul 4, 2012
Hello all,

I have a problem with my tab pro 10.1. I created a restricted user for my daughter and gave her access to few apps. When I installed a new game recently and tried to give her access, I couldn't anymore because the menu wouldn't stop switching to the "Enable Google search" tick box option.

Its hard to describe so I made a video to show the behaviour:
Samsung galaxy tab pro 10.1 Bug restricted profile: http://youtu.be/G1W8UOjLVm8

I tried deleting the profile and creating a new one but it didn't fix the issue. I couldn't find anything on Google about this.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this, apart from a hard reset?

Thank you.
Sam

Last edited:

kangol321

Jul 4, 2012
Have you tried soft reset? Holding power til it shuts down

Are you rooted?

Have you tried deleting cache?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Hello,

soft reset = no, what are the consequences ? any loss of data or settings ?

rooted = no

deleting cache = no, what are the consequences ? any loss of data or settings ?

Thank you
Sam

Last edited:

kangol321

Jul 4, 2012
I'm not against trying those but I'm not the only user of the tablet, I can't take the risk to delete anything

Silent_R

Apr 11, 2007
Hello!

I just saw this thread, because I was searching for a solution for exactly the same problem with my Galaxy Note Pro.
When I saw that you also have the issue that the settings dialog switches to the Google search option, I wondered if Google search had something to do with this behavior.

So I deactivated the app "google search" in the application manager.

After that I finally was able to set up a restricted user and allow this user to use certain apps.
So I thought I should share this finding...

I haven't tried yet, but i think, after setting up the restricted user completely, google search might be reactivated again.

As I don't use the app google search very often, I am not quite sure about the consequences of deactivating and reactivating this app. But I think in worst case some settings may be reset to defaults.

Kind Regards
René

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I just saw this thread, because I was searching for a solution for exactly the same problem with my Galaxy Note Pro.
    When I saw that you also have the issue that the settings dialog switches to the Google search option, I wondered if Google search had something to do with this behavior.

So I deactivated the app "google search" in the application manager.

After that I finally was able to set up a restricted user and allow this user to use certain apps.
    So I thought I should share this finding...

I haven't tried yet, but i think, after setting up the restricted user completely, google search might be reactivated again.

As I don't use the app google search very often, I am not quite sure about the consequences of deactivating and reactivating this app. But I think in worst case some settings may be reset to defaults.

Kind Regards
    René
    Have you tried soft reset? Holding power til it shuts down

Are you rooted?

Have you tried deleting cache?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk