[Q] Connection Setup

Search This thread

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
So I am on Simple Mobile on an unlocked Tmobile HD7. The problem is that everytime I run the HTC Connection Setup the phone detects Tmobile as the default conncection (which is because Simple Mobile does use Tmobile networks)

however when I manually select Simple Mobile from the provider list. MMS/Picture Message seems to work fine. Of course given the fact that Data Connection is active and we don't have much APN settings for MMS on Windows Phone Mango (yet).

So I was wondering if instead of using the HTC Connection Setup if I use some other OEM connection setup app like that of Nokia or Samsung using the xap marketplace changer,

would it still work ??? I don't want to run HTC Connection Setup again and again for it might relock my deepshining custom ROM.

Please answer.

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
hmm, perhaps i misunderstood you...

what is the issue that you are attempting to solve?

you can only use HTC Connection Setup.
the other OEM versions of CS cannot be used on HTC devices.

The problem is that even after running HTC Connection Setup.....the MMS works fine for the next few tries...but then it stops working itself...as if the connection has been reset back to Tmobile instead of Simple Mobile....so I have to run HTC Connection setup everytime...sometimes it solves the prob...some times it doesn't....so I was thinking if there was another app to write the data settings....

However I followed you and uninstalled HTC Connection setup...after installing the carrier settings...lets see if it solves the problem..in the meantime if you think this is related to something else..then let me know.

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
However I followed you and uninstalled HTC Connection setup...after installing the carrier settings...lets see if it solves the problem..in the meantime if you think this is related to something else..then let me know.
if that doesn't solve the problem, send a PROVXML file to your device with the carrier settings.