Erikmm MIUI Revenge mtd[6/1/12] Q & A

Search This thread

eb13

Mar 26, 2012
Denver
Has anyone else tried bluetooth yet?

It turns on, scans and discovers devices but I haven't got it to connect to any.

When trying to pair and connect to my Samsung headset bluetooth turns itself off and back on but won't even pair.

When connecting to my Lg stereo headset it just says connecting and does nothing but when I pushed the play button on headset it started the music player but it was not rooting audio to the headset, it was playing from the phone speaker. I could play, pause and skip songs though :-D

Would be nice to have BT working

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

eb13

Mar 26, 2012
Denver
the "H" that shows up next to the signal bars means it is running 4G. That's what I've been told before, so I hope I'm right. lol :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

It does run in 4g. My has said 3g a lot but for some reason it's when i'm connected to UMTS (which is still 4g just not HSPA+)

from what t mobile teaches it's and my understanding 4g is mostly a hardware and network dependency. Most newer 3g phones are rated for higher than 3g speeds and 4g is backwards compatible. So the device will handle as much data as it's made for. But as long as you have a 4g phone and 4g network then you're running 4g

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Has anyone else tried bluetooth yet?

It turns on, scans and discovers devices but I haven't got it to connect to any.

When trying to pair and connect to my Samsung headset bluetooth turns itself off and back on but won't even pair.

When connecting to my Lg stereo headset it just says connecting and does nothing but when I pushed the play button on headset it started the music player but it was not rooting audio to the headset, it was playing from the phone speaker. I could play, pause and skip songs though :-D

Would be nice to have BT working

If you can get me a log then ill be happy to look into it. Zombie gave me a pinch to zoom log. So if u can get me Bluetooth log id appreciate it

Zombie138

Dec 28, 2011
Has anyone else noticed their bars disappeared but the connection is still good? In writing this the bars were gone but then suddenly reappeared

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Can someone confirm that Foursquare will install properly?

booboo773

May 1, 2010
Can someone confirm that Foursquare will install properly?

No, it's not showing up if I do a search but it is under my installed apps where it says not compatible. Won't install from titanium either.

Same goes for Gas Buddy.

eb13

Mar 26, 2012
Denver
I keep looking through the manifest.xml of apps that won't install but I can't seem to find anything that would abort the installation or keep it from running in compatibility mode :-\ i'm addicted to pocket frogs lol

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
No, it's not showing up if I do a search but it is under my installed apps where it says not compatible. Won't install from titanium either.

Same goes for Gas Buddy.

same for bank of america and wells fargo...im looking into it now

Alright, I figured that that was the case as that's how it was on Ravers MIUI, which is the only reason that I'm not still on it

Zombie138

Dec 28, 2011
Does anybody know how to change the Chinese writing on the lock screen? I'm using an ICS theme

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
Wifi was working perfectly fine for me then I was gone for a few hours and came back and put my wifi on and it wouldn't work I've tried rebooting and fixing perms and I restarted the router nothing worked

Sent from my galaxy s 4g using XDA app

Maybe you've already solved this, but I had that happen to me once. Wifi worked fine then later wouldn't connect. I even tried reflashing the ROM to no avail. I fixed it by replacing vpnservices.apk (in system apps) with one from another ROM via root explorer.

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
Maybe you've already solved this, but I had that happen to me once. Wifi worked fine then later wouldn't connect. I even tried reflashing the ROM to no avail. I fixed it by replacing vpnservices.apk (in system apps) with one from another ROM via root explorer.

It started working after I flashed the new miui kernel

Sent from my galaxy s 4g using XDA app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright guys enough lets just play nice and help each other with whatever the problems are. Ill be back Friday and if you guys experience problems have logs ready and we'll go from there.
    i do not know what the big difference between this version and the previous version (0.2.0) is. i was having problems with the data button, and for some reason when i send text messages some would go through and some would say "failed". i would like to know the differences between this version vs the previous version just to see if the upgrade is worth it, im not saying Erikmm's work is useless i just want to know

Changes:
    1. This is now on MTD
    2. This is a new port from i9000.
    3. This is an updated miui from 2.1.20 to 2.3.17
    4. Fixed BT issue
    5. New LZ included.
    6. It has a new miuiv4 theme lol
    7. Fixed a few other bugs.
    8. You can always flash back if you don't like it..thanks to our devs we have a bunch of roms to choose from

Anyone have any idea what LZ stands for in the rom title

Little Zebra lol...jk it stands for lighting zap
    GPS fix

I'm not able to post in the development section, so I thought I would post here. I tried out a GPS fix found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182735 (Just one change, I moved the AngryGPS apk to system/apps)

It worked for me.
    #
    @Erik Can we change the bootanimation like we could on other Roms any specific file extension to be in or no? Sorry really dislike start up anim

Bootanimations will mostly be in .zips. So as long as it is a bootanimation.zip it should work.