[Q] pending kitkat update and bootloader

Search This thread

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
I've been trying it out today...It came with 4.1.2 installed. So far I like it. Do u know if I can use Dan Rosenberg's methods like the motochopper and as u suggested motopocalypse. What I understand I can unlock the boot loader with Motorola but is this less advantageous than with motopoc....all this bugs me about the phone seems very difficult to gain root

What is your sytem version? I know Motopocalypse and Motochopper worked on the HD prior to May. I'm not sure if it will work on your phone. You can try it. I'm not 100% positive how other 925 users went through rooting and unlocking.

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
The XT925 can be unlocked directly through Motorola, as previously mentioned multiple times in this very post

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
I have a non unlocked bootloader and non rooted motorolla razr maxx hd (xt926) on the latest OTA (9.20) and currently there is no exploit working for this version.

I'm really excited about getting kitkat but like many others i'm hoping to one day have an unlocked bootloader and root.

Now i'm all for updating to kitkat as its going to make our devices much better but on the slight off chance that someone finds a working exploit for android 4.2 is it worth sticking it out on 4.2 ?

I would hate to update to kitkat only to find later that someone found an exploit and i'm once again stuck without root but on the other hand i'm tired of waiting for something to happen with this device.

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
I have a non unlocked bootloader and non rooted motorolla razr maxx hd (xt926) on the latest OTA (9.20) and currently there is no exploit working for this version.

I'm really excited about getting kitkat but like many others i'm hoping to one day have an unlocked bootloader and root.

Now i'm all for updating to kitkat as its going to make our devices much better but on the slight off chance that someone finds a working exploit for android 4.2 is it worth sticking it out on 4.2 ?

I would hate to update to kitkat only to find later that someone found an exploit and i'm once again stuck without root but on the other hand i'm tired of waiting for something to happen with this device.

If you're on 9.20.1 you can still root. The latest 9.30.1 is not rootable.

Jaysp656

Nov 8, 2013
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602592

New root for 9.30.1 OTA update. it is a method made for Samsung devices aparently that also works for our phones too. I have an HD with a rotted 9.30.1 with this method. Had to use the HD Utility 1.33 to install original 4.1.2 (option 1) first after a backup so I could update though. Update kept failing on me until I tried that

Reactions: djvita and RikRong

Top Liked Posts