G f180l20l 3G problems

Search This thread

lestat3

Dec 11, 2013
Hi everyone, Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina (if you dont know where is it, its ok :good:)

I have bought an Optimus G F180l (f180l20l) from Korea. My issue is I have only 2G in the device, no 3G (not even EDGE). I know now the phone works with 900/2100 3G bands and here in Argentina we use 850/1900. I dont want to sell the phone because i love it, but 2G only is not acceptable.

Is there a way to change the bands and use 850/1900? I have read other threads here saying you have to change the baseband, flash the modem, etc... but Im not particulary quite good experienced doing it, can anyone show me the way to fix it?

I cant also update the software, there is un update available but when the cellphone reboot i get this: err 0x13e?

HELP.

Thanks in advance.

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
Hi everyone, Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina (if you dont know where is it, its ok :good:)

I have bought an Optimus G F180l (f180l20l) from Korea. My issue is I have only 2G in the device, no 3G (not even EDGE). I know now the phone works with 900/2100 3G bands and here in Argentina we use 850/1900. I dont want to sell the phone because i love it, but 2G only is not acceptable.

Is there a way to change the bands and use 850/1900? I have read other threads here saying you have to change the baseband, flash the modem, etc... but Im not particulary quite good experienced doing it, can anyone show me the way to fix it?

I cant also update the software, there is un update available but when the cellphone reboot i get this: err 0x13e?

HELP.

Thanks in advance.

can software change the hardware or hardware frequencies??????
answer this thoughtfully and you will get your answer

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Nope yu cant change freq bands.... Those are hardware related things possibly embedded inside the dsp chip.... Bettr sell the phone

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2

lestat3

Dec 11, 2013
atifsh thanks for the useless reply, you are the typical brat you always find in every forum trying yo be a smartass. You could have used your line/time telling me something short like hasan but your choosed to be a moron. Good.

hasan4791 Thanks. I have partially solved the problem, I have tested the cell with a different micro-sim from a other company (Movistar) and 3g works, but still useless with my current company. Some guy told me the issue is related to LTE, he said my company is not working with LTE yet so I cant receive even 3g (only 2g)... is that even possible?

At least I know now 3G works... but with a different company.

Thanks.

seniga1

May 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
atifsh thanks for the useless reply, you are the typical brat you always find in every forum trying yo be a smartass. You could have used your line/time telling me something short like hasan but your choosed to be a moron. Good.

hasan4791 Thanks. I have partially solved the problem, I have tested the cell with a different micro-sim from a other company (Movistar) and 3g works, but still useless with my current company. Some guy told me the issue is related to LTE, he said my company is not working with LTE yet so I cant receive even 3g (only 2g)... is that even possible?

Thanks.

Creo qe podés convertir el f180 en un e975 planchando el firmware, x aquí hay una guía, aunque no se realmente si el hard del f180 es compatible con las redes de aqui

Enviado desde mi LG-E987 mediante Tapatalk

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad

Typically i don't answer like this but, have to now....
You are an a s s full of s hit. D ickhead. That was a friendly answer don't know where it was anything that made you all this...
You are the reason people some times don't like to help.

Still don't get what's in this that made you... You!
Software cannot change hardware???? If it didn't went to your thick head you could have said that.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Noam23

Feb 26, 2008

HELP.

Thanks in advance.

Lestat3,

How do you know that the f180l20l support both 2100 and 900 for 3G ?

I was under the assumption that Korea has only 2100 antennas for 3G, so why will they put a 900 4G band on a phone version that is targeted to Korea only ?

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon

Thanks.

Yes.... If ur operator has 3g band which ur phone actually supports, it ll wrk fine.... I have seen one page in Wikipedia which lists the freq bands used by operators around the globe....ly solution is move to someother operator...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Sorry for chiming in, as I wasn't the one you responded to, but comments like that never fail to amuse me... In general, there are two ways to respond to a question: 1) to give a direct answer (the level of details may vary), and 2) to stimulate thinking, so a person asking a question can come to a right conclusion on their own. You seem to have a big problem with the second approach. Whether it's because you can't think, or don't want to think, I can't say. In either case, it's your problem, not anyone else's. Basically, if you are hungry, you would thank a person who gives you a fish, but will lash out on someone giving you a fishing line with a hook, calling him names. Nice. :) And when you are hungry again... well, you get the picture. Next time, when you think of calling someone a brat, a moron, etc., take a peek in a mirror first - names like that might (just might) be better suited for what you see there.

Last edited: