[Q] P509 no signal after froyo kdz [solved]

Search This thread

shivanani

Jan 4, 2014
Hello, I had an Optimus T (P509) that had custom rom on it that didn't work with any of my sim cards, including a Tmobile one. I decided to use kdz to flash stock froyo with v11s_00.kdz. This appeared to work successfully as I could use most things on the phone.

Except my sim cards still don't register :(

I still have my IMEI number and I do get a signal when I look under "about phone" -> status.

I flashed it twice with KDZ in hopes there was an incomplete flash of some sort, but that didn't make much of a difference.

Would appreciate any help in getting my sim cards up and running.

Edit: Looks like the sim reader got damaged by a microsim adapter, I raised the pins and it looks like it's working again.

Last edited:

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
Hello, I had an Optimus T (P509) that had custom rom on it that didn't work with any of my sim cards, including a Tmobile one. I decided to use kdz to flash stock froyo with v11s_00.kdz. This appeared to work successfully as I could use most things on the phone.

Except my sim cards still don't register :(

I still have my IMEI number and I do get a signal when I look under "about phone" -> status.

I flashed it twice with KDZ in hopes there was an incomplete flash of some sort, but that didn't make much of a difference.

Would appreciate any help in getting my sim cards up and running.

The sim adapter could be damaged ?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

shivanani

Jan 4, 2014
The sim adapter could be damaged ?

I looked closer at the sim slot, it looks like a few pins were depressed, likely from using an adapter incorrectly. I couldn't lift them up unless I took off the back plate (with a dremel) and raised the pins back up. It detected and now I'm playing with my phone again.

Thank you!.

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
I looked closer at the sim slot, it looks like a few pins were depressed, likely from using an adapter incorrectly. I couldn't lift them up unless I took off the back plate (with a dremel) and raised the pins back up. It detected and now I'm playing with my phone again.

Thank you!.

Lol
Had a similar problem on my friends p500 solved using similar method
Press the thanks button ;)