Chainfire 3D

Search This thread

nk33

Jun 24, 2009
I stupidly installed chainfire 3D driver without looking into anything first and now my tablet is stuck in a loop.

The LG logo animation keeps repeating itself and never boots.

is there a way to disable the chainfire driver so it boots up without it.

I dont know what came over me but as soon as I pressed install I knew it was the wrong thing to do...

will I have to flash an official rom to it?

please help...stressin so much

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
I stupidly installed chainfire 3D driver without looking into anything first and now my tablet is stuck in a loop.

The LG logo animation keeps repeating itself and never boots.

is there a way to disable the chainfire driver so it boots up without it.

I dont know what came over me but as soon as I pressed install I knew it was the wrong thing to do...

will I have to flash an official rom to it?

please help...stressin so much

If you can get to recovery through the key combo then you can recover from the backup that you of course have made. Otherwise, yes, the LG Repair tool is prolly your best bet. Sorry mate. Good luck.

nk33

Jun 24, 2009
If you can get to recovery through the key combo then you can recover from the backup that you of course have made. Otherwise, yes, the LG Repair tool is prolly your best bet. Sorry mate. Good luck.
1) I have no custom recovery
2) have you got a link for the repair tool with instructions

thanks for your help

nk33

Jun 24, 2009
...also what is the "key combo" to get into recovery? i wouldn't mind doing a factory reset

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
...also what is the "key combo" to get into recovery? i wouldn't mind doing a factory reset

A bit tricky. Shut down the tablet.

Hold power + volume down
Release power when logo comes up, THEN quickly press power AND volume up while holding volume down through it all. Try a few times, eventually it will work. Without custom recovery you will be able to just press power and do a factory reset. Try that first.

Otherwise, go to lg.com and go to support, download LG Pc Suite and use the recovery tool. To get to download mode on your device turn it off and hold volume up + down and then insert the USB. It should then boot up into dload mode. :)

Good luck.

nk33

Jun 24, 2009
A bit tricky. Shut down the tablet.

Hold power + volume down
Release power when logo comes up, THEN quickly press power AND volume up while holding volume down through it all. Try a few times, eventually it will work. Without custom recovery you will be able to just press power and do a factory reset. Try that first.

Otherwise, go to lg.com and go to support, download LG Pc Suite and use the recovery tool. To get to download mode on your device turn it off and hold volume up + down and then insert the USB. It should then boot up into dload mode. :)

Good luck.
thanks mate. managed to use google and find that out while I was waiting for your response. Used the LG tool method - lucky I have fibre it downloaded the ROM in a few minutes.

managed to find a titanium backup I copied and pasted to my pc on one of the drives - rerooted it and restoring from titanium now.

thanks for all your help mate.

...I knew there was a way!!