[MOD] TABLET/HYBRID MODE UBER MOD [2012-04-24: v2.0: Nova is tablet-mode ready!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
This should be done during tablet mode holding your phone in landscape..

If the trick doesn't work try resetting your systemUI by going into Rom Control > General > Statusbar Font Size (change it to whatever) and try the trick again.

EDIT : Also make sure to set your Navigation Bar Width to 42 dp (default) !

hm doesnt work for me ... buttons are crammed together :(

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Sound like things got messed up with the install.. What is logcat saying ?

it trashed my cwm too - the entire phone was whacked so i dont know. weirdest thing that ever happened to me. well aokp is running now but still i can't get these damned buttons to look good again.

also can it be that "huge" in aokp 33 is actually quite small? i dont remeber it like this ...

Last edited:

T-Loop

Oct 15, 2008
Lahti
This should be done during tablet mode holding your phone in landscape..

If the trick doesn't work try resetting your systemUI by going into Rom Control > General > Statusbar Font Size (change it to whatever) and try the trick again.

EDIT : Also make sure to set your Navigation Bar Width to 42 dp (default) !

I tried all the possible scenarios, changed width and height and everything but I can't get it work. Rebooted multiple times and restarted SystemUI. I'm coming from clean install, no dirty. Bummer, I wonder whats the magic in this.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
no chance, its whacked. it has more issues than that - i just notice that now the menubutton is gone for good. it won't appear unless i define it as a fourth button. well, it sucks, back to b31. :(

Night Galaxy

Dec 29, 2011
I'm on AOKP 33 and I can't make any in-app purchases... I don't think this is an AOKP 33 issue... can anybody else in Tablet Mode just go into an app and try to pull up an in app purchase and see if they get an error message?

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
also can it be that "huge" in aokp 33 is actually quite small? i dont remeber it like this ...

Here 4 examples of font size @ 128 dpi

small

20itoxk.png

normal

347e0x2.png

large

seubs8.png

huge

20kop69.png

I tried all the possible scenarios, changed width and height and everything but I can't get it work. Rebooted multiple times and restarted SystemUI. I'm coming from clean install, no dirty. Bummer, I wonder whats the magic in this.

no chance, its whacked. it has more issues than that - i just notice that now the menubutton is gone for good. it won't appear unless i define it as a fourth button. well, it sucks, back to b31. :(

Hmm it is strange these AOKP builds differ so much from each other don't you think ?

Here everything seems 'fine' on build 33

possible to port this mod to sgs2?
some users told that it doesn't work actually on sgs2

What build/rom are you on ? Check first post..

go to my thread on sgs2 forum aswer is there hehehe =) and give thanks to xylograph for its hard work

molesarecoming also posted additional links in the first post..

Please link this thread in your topic Tyrany and do not only the copy/paste the mod in your own thread.. so we can keep it a bit together and more users/devs can get involved..

Thanks

Last edited:

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
I updated using the aokp build 33 for tablet ui. Works fine except a couple fc's upon bootup and the hacked nova launcher messed up on me. Plus the market wont open but its fine, ill use the hacked one you posted a couple posts back. Thanks xylograph

Last edited:

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009

moles, just out of interest..

Is your aokp33 systemUI.apk using drawable-hdpi or drawable-xhdpi folders (use 7-zip for example to check) ?

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
aw craps, too late, im sorry. :eek: i have enough of this, i switched to cm9. now where IMM76I is out fixing the signal bug in 4.0.4 i dont wanna sit on aokp 31 for ages. i dont care about the rom, tab mode is more important to me. the real funny thing is, many things work right out of the box:

- phone works right away, no hack needed
- it has real auto-fullscreen mode for tablets (!) you can switch it on in the settings. you go into youtube and the navbar will disappear, finally
- no tablet related fc's or quirks until now

so yeah. goodbye aokp, hello cm9. :)

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
moles, just out of interest..

Is your aokp33 systemUI.apk using drawable-hdpi or drawable-xhdpi folders (use 7-zip for example to check) ?
Market will not work at all for me on the build 33 zip so I think I might go back to build 32. Also, I get random rom controll, system FC's.
edit: nevermind, i started from scratch and its working great.
aw craps, too late, im sorry. :eek: i have enough of this, i switched to cm9. now where IMM76I is out fixing the signal bug in 4.0.4 i dont wanna sit on aokp 31 for ages. i dont care about the rom, tab mode is more important to me. the real funny thing is, many things work right out of the box:

- it has real auto-fullscreen mode for tablets (!) you can switch it on in the settings. you go into youtube and the navbar will disappear, finally

Are you saying this mod works with CM9? Even for the legacy devices?

Last edited:

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009

Hmm interesting.. Must check it out :)

EDIT: What rom is that exactly (there are so many cm9 builds flying around) ?

Market will not work at all for me on the build 33 zip so I think I might go back to build 32. Also, I get random rom controll, system FC's.

They don't need a mod in the first place ;)

And did you do a clean install of that build 33 ? sounds like 'update problems' to me...

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
more observations under cm9

- trebuchet does not crash
- changing wallpaper does not crash
- installing an app does not crash

all three crash in aokp (in tabmode of course). :)

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
edit: nevermind, i started from scratch and its working great.

xylo's right, we're all super lucky, all you have to do on a nexus is add a line in build.prop and change another.

don't know though what you mean with build 33 zip. and if you revert go to 31. 32 is even worse than 33 for tabmode. 31 works fine. again, for nexus - no idea what you're running there. :)

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
xylo's right, we're all super lucky, all you have to do on a nexus is add a line in build.prop and change another.

don't know though what you mean with build 33 zip. and if you revert go to 31. 32 is even worse than 33 for tabmode. 31 works fine. again, for nexus - no idea what you're running there. :)

Well first off I'm using the mod on an SGS2, the sprint epic 4g touch (long name lol) so I was using the zip Xylo made for the legacy devices and he posted one for aokp build 33 so thats what I meant lol. Its working great now after a fresh install.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
did you try it with paradoxxx hydrogenics rom on the s2? my gf's running that and she's already asked me if she can have tabmode on her phone. is it even usable on dpi 128? i imagine things must be crazy small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEWS

Looking for a flashable ROM that does more than dropping you into tablet mode?
    With little manual hacks and fixes we came only so far ... true hybrid mode with actual fixes and ICS-framework rewrites is being developed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619582

UNLOCK HYBRID MODE IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS MANUALLY
    Note: If you followed all the steps and you get something else than what is shown in the snapshots above, please search the thread, many things have been answered a dozen times already. Also make sure you do a full backup before you attempt to change anything!

1. Change your DPI
    • Edit this line in your /system/build.prop: ro.sf.lcd_density=192
    • 192 is for Galaxy Nexus only! You can calculate the magic value for your phone, the formula has been explained here.

2. Hide the Navigation-Bar and reboot
    • Add this line to your /system/build.prop: qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 and reboot
    • We have collected no experiences with hardware-button devices yet, if you're on such a device check out Xylograph's efforts

3. Drop a couple of apk's
    • They all belong to their respective owners
    • 3.1-3.2: Use ADB or Root Explorer, do not install, just drop it into /system/app
    • If you encounter problems, go to CWM and wipe cache/partition & advanced/dalvik cache. Also wipe cache & data in Androids app manager (Settings/Apps/All/...) and push the apk's again

3.1 Nova Launcher: 1.1beta (still has some small blemishes) or our Hack (for now its closer to stock): Rapidshare, Mediafire
    • ICS launchers do have some issues with tablet mode, all except Nova
    • If Nova was already installed pre-installed, delete it before you push. In that case you might want to backup your Homescreens in Novas settings
    • I suggest you use a sane grid like 5x4, small margins for both width and height and persistant search bar on always

3.2 Hacked Play Market: Rapidshare, Mediafire
    • The old market gives you compatibility issues
    • Just backup the old one before you drop the hack (rename it to appname.apk.bak, appname can be either Vending or Phonesky, depends on your gapps package)

3.3 Keyboard: Play Marked

• Androids standard keyboard has a weird sizing issue, it looks quite awful in tablet mode
    • 1. download & install
    • 2. rename /system/app/LatinIME.apk to LatinIME.apk.bak
    • 3. Keyboard Settings/Advanced/Vibration Setting/10ms

HINTS
    • Go to Settings, Display, Font size, set it to Huge
    • AOKP: Uncheck the IME Switcher in UI Settings
    • CM9: Check "Auto Hide" in System/Statusbar to finally get real Fullscreen
    • Correct Wallpaper size + Template
    • You're on AOKP, troubled by button-spacing issues? Xylograph has found your fix
    • You're on AOKP, troubled by a crashing phone? Try this one: Rapidshare, Mediafire

CHANGELOG[/SIZE]
    2.0: flashable ROM thanks to Zer0_Cool!
    1.9: new keyboards up + IME switcher hint, thanks go to bill12690!
    1.8: new google play fix, seems to find apps that it didn't find before, imdb for explample
    1.7: nova spacing issues, better overscroll layout
    1.6: nova optimized for "Huge" font settings / new experimental Google Play hack
    1.5: fixed folder grid size / fixed app drawer layout / fixed dock divider height
    1.4: nova 1.0.3beta instead of apex / app folders work! / grids/stacks work / no fixed grid, configure as you wish!
    1.3: new phone.apk which works under aokp 4.0.4, thx to faunh for finding it!
    1.2: market fix from lcd desity modder, thank you raubkatze for extracting it! ::]
    1.1: apex v1.0.2beta / landscape works, dock excluded / optimized for settings/display/font-size: large
    1.0: dock / normal sized icons / set apex into hybrid mode / phone.apk from aokp/droid incredible
    Found a 160DPI compatible Phone.apk after a lot of Googling... Been using it for a little while now, no problems. And even better, no need for any Market hack.

Found it in this ROM for the HTC HD2. Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1441462

adb push Phone.apk /system/app/
    [MOD] TabletUI_AOKP_b33 is up

Ok guys, TabletUI_AOKP_b33.zip is up on rootzwiki for the folks using AOKP build 33.

OK I got it working good but the dock seems rather large compared to everything else or is it just me?
    83f7f4c9-d7b9-d6d6.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Isn't that what suppose to happen with the hacked Nova Launcher ?
    Otherwise everything is so small on 128 dpi.. I guess ;)
    today's rom will have:
    - based on freshest cm9 repo
    - tab mode by default, no more build.prop editing
    - probably fixed original android keyboard
    - probably fixed recents window, bigger, hopefully closer to stock
    - larger notification area
    - fixed clock size, overlaps no more
    - 2 notification icons max in portrait to prevent them from overlapping the menu button
    - weird gaps between notification panels should be no more
    - settings comes as the first entry in the panel, i hate to scroll down to reach it

all of these changes were made blind because its still compiling (8 hours and still going, holy crap!!!), please wish me luck that this won't grill my nexus as i'll first test it before i release it into the wild.

and im still looking for partners. this has potential, dont have to tell you right? i need help with all the git stuff, i know code but i dont know linux and all those tools. i'd also like to know more about the emulator.

Anyone else having issues with Nova Launcher_1.1.2beta2. I am getting "Unfortunately, Nova Launcher has stopped"

I'm on CM9 Kang April 25.

delete it from /system/app restart and install it like a normal app. i couldn't just drop it aswell.
    Sounds like a top tip but didn't work for me :( Is this during the tablet mode, or during phone mode and after this I change it to tablet mode? Thanks for your great work for this great mod.

hm doesnt work for me ... buttons are crammed together :(

Ok another addition to this for the users still on AOKP with the buttons crammed together..

I found out that if you leave the icon picture of the first button set to default the trick doesn't work..

Try this :

- Hold your phone in landscape.
    - Go into Rom Control > Navigation bar
    - Set a custom icon picture for at least the first softkey
    - Navigation button quantity > change it to 1
    - Navigation button quantity > change it to desired value and the distance will be 'normal' in both landscape and portrait.

for those of you who haven't noticed, nova 1.1 is out and oh yeah it is tablet mode ready, thanks to your votes. ;)

whats left are small blemishes, already made a writeup in their thread. i guess until the icons are still small i'll keep the hack myself but i'll link nova on the OP later this day and take it off when beta 1.2 comes out.

Great news and it's getting better already ;)