[ROM] CM10 STABLE for Note i717 (Quincy)

Search This thread

2sl0w

Jun 29, 2011
I did not experience any but I jumped over to pacman ROM.. cm10 final, aokp milestone 1 and paranoid mash up. Its "as smooth" as liquid smooth rc8 but not quite as fast in benchmarks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Two reboots yesterday. None today but I also barely used my phone today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Xstop

Nov 8, 2010
Turn around...
I don't think they are stopping but probably working on a new build. Since AOSP 4.2.1 was just released. Just a guess and hoping... Very vague info I'm getting through searches.

Xstop

Nov 8, 2010
Turn around...
Link please so my thanks has more meaning... :rolleyes:

SGH-I717 Galaxy Note | AOSP/CM/AOKP <3 via Tapatalk II

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Anyway... Running 11/25 and still mms and phone calls unreliable for me.

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
Link please so my thanks has more meaning... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Anyway... Running 11/25 and still mms and phone calls unreliable for me.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2017190

Reactions: scariola

zefir738

Dec 14, 2011
What's the best way to provide feedback and diagnostics on what caused the crash? logcat isn't preserved across boots, so unless you were logging at the time, you probably won't know what happened. Is there a way to enable kernel crash dumps like you can in "normal" Linux?

You could try doing an ADB logcat (if you don't have ADB and Fastboot, download it here), which can record from boot. Enable USB debugging, and plug in the phone. Once it's recognized, open the command prompt and type
Code:
cd C:\Android
adb logcat -f
then wait for the phone to reboot. Once it does that, the logcat should record in ADB and dump into a file called stdout.txt in C:\Android (assuming you extracted ADB into C:\Android. If not, just enter the directory you extracted to instead of C:\Android).

Last edited:

taob

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
You could try doing an ADB logcat (if you don't have ADB and Fastboot, download it here), which can record from boot. Enable USB debugging, and plug in the phone.

adb logcat still has the same problem, though: it doesn't show entries from before the reboot. It only starts logging once the phone is turned on. When there is a crash of some sort, there ought to be a way to retroactively pull diagnostic information from the device after it has rebooted back into the OS. Normally (and by that, I mean on a traditional OS), the kernel will produce a crash dump on disk, usually into some reserved area like the swap partition. Then when it reboots, it extracts the dump into a file for later analysis. Windows does this, Linux does this, pretty much any UNIX does it. Heck, I'm sure even OS X will do this. I understand if it isn't enabled by default on Android kernels, but the facility should be available for times like this when it can be extremely useful.

zefir738

Dec 14, 2011
adb logcat still has the same problem, though: it doesn't show entries from before the reboot. It only starts logging once the phone is turned on. When there is a crash of some sort, there ought to be a way to retroactively pull diagnostic information from the device after it has rebooted back into the OS. Normally (and by that, I mean on a traditional OS), the kernel will produce a crash dump on disk, usually into some reserved area like the swap partition. Then when it reboots, it extracts the dump into a file for later analysis. Windows does this, Linux does this, pretty much any UNIX does it. Heck, I'm sure even OS X will do this. I understand if it isn't enabled by default on Android kernels, but the facility should be available for times like this when it can be extremely useful.
Ahhh, yeah, I know what you were saying now.

vpkb

Jul 17, 2007
This is a great ROM, although I have no cell service. What broke?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

vpkb

Jul 17, 2007
Anyone knows how to fix data issue? I manually input the APN info but only have cell, no data.

gruvenfunken

Jan 8, 2010
So i installed this on my Note and it's everything i ever hoped for :D except for one small thing.

Tethering on LTE does not work at all. Not on Wifi, not on USB. If the phone is forced down to WCDMA it tethers fine

This functionality worked fine in stock, and APNs are correct. Carrier is Rogers Wireless.

Anyone have any idea/suggestion as to what could be causing this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I posted an announcement thread in the general section when it was released, however it seems many don't know this was released.

I am in no way responsible for what happens to your phone, nor is Cyanogen. I'm simply relaying the ROM. Your brick is your problem :cool:

CM10 Direct Download from Cyanogen: http://get.cm/get/jenkins/12699/cm-10.0.0-quincyatt.zip

CM GApps Download: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Thanks to Flapjaxxx for a badass JB kernel I can attest works great with CM10
    http://goo.im/devs/flappjaxxx/i717/kernel/JB
    Somewhere I saw a suggestion to flash the h0tcakez-JB-Kernel-v3-Redux.zip kernel and that might fix the music player crashing on first load problem. I have a general kernel flashing question (since I've never flashed a kernel separate from a ROM). Can you flash a kernel "dirty", i.e. just flash it right over what you already have (this ROM) without clearing caches, etc?

The music player crashing is a non-kernel issue and is easily fixed by editing two lines in your build.prop

Change these two lines:
    lpa.decode=true
    lpa.use-stagefright=true

-to-

lpa.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=false
    Any idea when 10.1 is coming out?

Tonight

After several weeks, I figured out how to do the following:
    • double battery life without changing anything about my usage settings or habits
    • achieve complete stability with zero FCs or reboots
    • improve my camera's functionality including: more crisp photos, more camera functions, better camera interface.
    • complete overclock and undervolt control
    • permanently fix video overlay problem
    • Samsung Note native apps now work (even though they are pretty bad)

At the expense of:

• Google Now no longer works
    • notification pull-down menu not quite as pretty
    • a few less interface options (no system font size with default UI, no notification bar button config by default, no power button for camera shutter, etc)
    • lacking a few more superfluous options (can't center Notification bar clock, no extra rows in pattern unlock, etc)

By now you probably guessed what I did: I installed the flapjaxx rom: FJMod-B7

I am grateful to have the opportunity to play with CM10 the past couple months and also thankful for the nightly updates. However, the stable version is anything but stable, and the cons outweigh the pros for someone who values the former bullet points more than the latter. I'll wait for the source release (if it ever comes).

You get paid for that shameless plug?

The latest have been more stable and it has more features. There will always be reboots as long as modded ics kernels are used