Dads vibrant is slow

Search This thread

familydude99

Mar 28, 2010
look at woodrubes sig, see if you can download it from the phone and just mose it to the root using a file manager

Selfish001

May 1, 2012
Caseyville
I'm a lil behind here, but my phone was acting slow too after I installed a few apps and then I removed them thinking that my phone was gonna go back to normal, but things did not go the way I spected it, infact it got slower, so this is what I did (of corse my phone was rooted running Froyo 2.2 T959UVKA7) so I whent in to cwm recovery and wipe the dalvik cache and the system cache* ---"do not erase the user data"
--- you'll lose everything unless you have a back up...GUESS WHAT HAPEN AFTER I DID THAT PROSEDURE? MY PHONE WAS FASTER THAN EVER, It took a min to start back up again but dont get desperate... SO IF YOUR DAD WANTS TO KEEP THE SAME ROM THIS MIGHT HELP YOU A LIL BIT and yes you can do this procedure on eclair too...
Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
Lol its been like a month and i still haven't flashed it for him but anyway can i get cwm on his phone without using a computer

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

If you still need cwm just get rom manager.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Edit: also if he would like ICS, Passion is very stable. Search YouTube for video tutorial. I did it and love it.

Oxirane

Oct 10, 2010
Tallahassee
I'd stick to 2.2, the call quality bugs got my dad too irked. He's on the Motoblur clone now, and unless the 911/call/Samsung GB performance bugs are resolved, 2.2 will probably be where his Vibrant stays.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adding on to xriderx66, use this guide if you need a reference when backing up & flashing a custom rom to your dads phone... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=849028

Since he's already rooted start from: "OKAY, I HAVE ROOT - NOW WHAT? BACKUP!!!"
    Which rom would you recommend? Because I don't know anything about vibrant roms as I'm from the gs4g

Sent from my galaxy s 4g using XDA app

To keep things closer to your dad's experience there's FishmanMod which is an update to a very popular Bionix -v 1.3.1 Rom. It will fly compared to stock but everything works and it won't be totally unfamiliar to the dad.

Here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1441976
    Thanks I'm gonna have to show it to him and see if he likes how it looks before I flash it for him

Sent from my galaxy s 4g using XDA app

be careful, the GS4g and Vibrant may look the same, but their flashing procedures are a bit different. read up and then do it.
    If your dad is happy with the stock ROM (with the exception of the speed) then I would definitely suggest going with something like the fishman mod that is based on the stock 2.2 ROM. That'll make sure he still has all the stock apps and such. I used Bionix for a LONG time and was always really happy with it.
    I suggest showing him Fish's version of Bionix for the mere reason that Fishman is supporting it daily, while Team Whiskey is no longer.

Fish is good at what he does. My name is Woodrube and I endorse this message.