[Q] Galaxy Note 3 sm-n9006 Problems

Search This thread

siamaknemati

Oct 2, 2013
Hi,
I've already bought a galaxy Note 3 n9006 from China and a day after it I came back to my country, but unfortunately I found it can not work with any Google applications and it can not add Google account and this is a very big problem for me, also it do not have any languages except English , Korean and Chinese. Can anybody help me? what should I do?

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi,
I've already bought a galaxy Note 3 n9006 from China and a day after it I came back to my country, but unfortunately I found it can not work with any Google applications and it can not add Google account and this is a very big problem for me, also it do not have any languages except English , Korean and Chinese. Can anybody help me? what should I do?

You will need to go through the process of learning how to root and unlock the phone. I hope there will be enough support or assistance for you on this site and that it being an N9006 won't be too problematic.

I am in China, but went out of my way to avoid the N9002, N9006, N9008 or any other variant they are selling here. I get my hands on the N9005 in a few days, so time will tell if it actually bloody works or not in China. It wouldn't surprise me to find that we are stuck in the same same boat on different shores...

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

You will need to go through the process of learning how to root and unlock the phone. I hope there will be enough support or assistance for you on this site and that it being an N9006 won't be too problematic.

I am in China, but went out of my way to avoid the N9002, N9006, N9008 or any other variant they are selling here. I get my hands on the N9005 in a few days, so time will tell if it actually bloody works or not in China. It wouldn't surprise me to find that we are stuck in the same same boat on different shores...

Hi,

Actually the process looks like it might be easy enough for us:

http://techbeasts.com/2013/09/27/ho...ot-samsung-galaxy-note-3-all-versions-guide/#

Describes the way to do it.

Then you'll probably need to stick the most recent GAPPS on it, if it isn't already on it.

:)

Good luck and have fun getting through the nervousness of rooting your first (I presume) device.

Cheers.

gaylonalfano

Oct 3, 2013
Should I return the n9006?

Hi there - I'm living in Shanghai and just found this thread. I bought the sm-n9006 today and was excited until I started reading about region locking and non-LTE versions,etc.

This is my first Android device so I'm super new but the bloatware on this thing is annoying! I wanted to remove this stuff and get some Google apps installed but I can't even find the Google play app to get started.

I'm concerned that because it's the mainland china version that this is going to be a bigger pain than it's worth. Should I wait a few months and have a family member buy a US model? Any other reasons to stay clear of this china model?

Is rooting the device a must if I want to get full access to apps, etc.?

Also, it seems this model does not have LTE. Is that correct? I ravel/stay in the US over summer holidays. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi there - I'm living in Shanghai and just found this thread. I bought the sm-n9006 today and was excited until I started reading about region locking and non-LTE versions,etc.

This is my first Android device so I'm super new but the bloatware on this thing is annoying! I wanted to remove this stuff and get some Google apps installed but I can't even find the Google play app to get started.

I'm concerned that because it's the mainland china version that this is going to be a bigger pain than it's worth. Should I wait a few months and have a family member buy a US model? Any other reasons to stay clear of this china model?

Is rooting the device a must if I want to get full access to apps, etc.?

Also, it seems this model does not have LTE. Is that correct? I ravel/stay in the US over summer holidays. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

The bloatware won't be your main problem, it will be no access to google apps. I wouldn't worry about no LTE, you probably won't notice.

Importantly for Laowai, rooting is necessary, unless you are fluent in chinese, and can therefore use the Chinese markets and apps.

There are quite a few places online to find out how to unlock and root your device - this forum/link above/galaxynote3root.com/etc. I think you'll need about three to four hours of uninterrupted time (as a beginner), a pc (I've used a mac and it is annoying), fast-ish internet speed (to dowload the files), maybe a vpn to look at You tube clips that exemplify (eg, gfwvpn.com is handy and easy to install on both your computer and device), and only a small amount intellect.

You go through the process as above link or elsewhere, and then flash on an updated GAPPS zip if it isn't on the stuff you downloaded.

People here and elsewhere have really made it simple compared to when I first did mine (or maybe I have a little more knowledge). I'm only really just getting the hang of it all now and find it really enjoyable part of Android experience. Actually, just fell in love again with my S3 using CM... Wondering why I am going back to touch wiz, actually...

I'll know on Monday if it was the right choice for me after a day with the new giant phone. :)

Good luck.

gaylonalfano

Oct 3, 2013
Thanks for the post and information, I am new to android so it looks like I'll have to start doing my research. I am not fluent but certainly advanced so perhaps there are some Chinese options though I assume it'd be a better experience if I had it rooted instead.

Are you in SH by chance? I'd treat you to a coffee or something here in Pudong if so while you tutor me haha.

Thanks again for your help.

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Thanks for the post and information, I am new to android so it looks like I'll have to start doing my research. I am not fluent but certainly advanced so perhaps there are some Chinese options though I assume it'd be a better experience if I had it rooted instead.

Are you in SH by chance? I'd treat you to a coffee or something here in Pudong if so while you tutor me haha.

Thanks again for your help.

Sorry, mate. I'm BJ ren. I'm certain you'd be able to find someone in Shanghai who can root an Andoid device with that offer though. :)

Good luck.

gaylonalfano

Oct 3, 2013
Hah, no problem. I love BJ but our work is in SH for now. If the air quality would get better up north I'd be pushing to move to BJ. :)

DESIi1

Feb 2, 2013
SM-N9006 More than root needed?

I have the same SM-N9006 purchased in China and now back in the USA. Most of the Chinese in the phone was converted to English through the normal settings. The problem is the Apps... they are all Chinese and need to be replaced with English versions. The current ROM blocks all access to the Google Play Store, even if it is side loaded, it is forcibly closed when opened.

Would it not be better to re-ROM the phone with a Samsung stock ROM that will work with the N9006 hardware? Is there such a ROM?

Please be specific on the steps (not the how to's) that need to be taken to use the N9006 in the USA with the Play Store Apps.

Much Thanks in advance, I'm also a newbie on a learning curve.

michael1982t

Dec 18, 2010
Reactions: maly123

ciditin

Feb 27, 2012
I just got this Note 3 SM-N9006, I think mine is rooted that it has everything as if it's normal Note 3 in the US. But I note that it does not show that it connects using 4G/LTE. Does it have 4G/LTE, air command, etc ... capabilities to turn on somehow?
Is there an app that display what really inside your note, I mean the actual hardware of the phone?

Last edited:

michael1982t

Dec 18, 2010
I just got this Note 3 SM-N9006, I think mine is rooted that it has everything as if it's normal Note 3 in the US.

Really? I wouldn't be too happy to buy a rooted phone from Samsung... you won't get one officially at least. Especially if you bought it in China that would mean its been messed with prior to you buying it. I like my phones coming rooted.

If you had them root it after them unboxing your phone ( hopefully not with Kingo App or some suspicious app that connects to the internet to do its thing ) then your fine. Provided you saw them unbox everything...its not a cheap phone.

If the serial numbers on the box and your phone match ( and the box has some Chinese ) then your fine.

If area under the removable battery didn't have any bright yellow sticker with lots of nasty looking Chinese text, then your fine.

If your in the U.S then its fine you don't need to worry about warranty.... as I am still currently in Shanghai I got mine official with a 2 year warranty.

Sorry if I sound too untrusting of phone sellers here. I have been told of the countless stories about how innocent people buy phones they assume are "new". Just recently I had to help my friend fight some store "official Samsung Store" owner for his replacement of a dead Note 2 dud ( you know those fake recycled phones that are sold in Shenzhen from HongKong that live for 4 months tops ). ;)

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
HELP

I have a FAKE SM-N9006 (Thought was real coz I can access samsung app store). Thinking of installing CWM recovery which I did and now the phone keeps restarting after loading (not a bootloop, but continuous restarting. I can't flash nor restore as I can't no longer go into recovery mode through google MTK tools and hell no way of even entering download mode in the 1st place. Please HELP.:crying:

Sweep29

Jun 6, 2009
Sunderland
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I have a FAKE SM-N9006 (Thought was real coz I can access samsung app store). Thinking of installing CWM recovery which I did and now the phone keeps restarting after loading (not a bootloop, but continuous restarting. I can't flash nor restore as I can't no longer go into recovery mode through google MTK tools and hell no way of even entering download mode in the 1st place. Please HELP.:crying:

do you still have the phone?....PM me please

robertwillwalt

Feb 25, 2015
China made SM-N9006

Hey I got my self a china made note 3. I would very much like to root it to get some bloat ware off, and to also find a android version 5 rom to feel like a cool kid.

It doesn't have a download mode, that is replaced by a Chinese factory mode.
SHARING IS CARING

RW
(Exhibit 4g 2 & Note 3 User)

NatalieMiami

Mar 15, 2015
Can N9006 run 3G or 4G SOMEHOW? Or is there no workaround?

Hello, I am having the same issue someone mentioned about not getting 4G (or even 3G) with the SM-N900 (model N9006) Chinese Note 3. I did not see a solution to the initial post, though. My phone does everything else, but running on Edge is pretty shoddy. I called T-Mobile (my carrier), and they made me enter some settings into the "access point names" tab (apn protocol, port number, etc.). This did not resolve the problem, unfortunately. The back of the phone, under the battery, says it is 3G WCDMA + GSM. T-Mobile runs on GSM, so it should work, I am absolutely stumped. As I said, all the apps work, and it is running Jelly Bean, it's just the slow as molasses internet that bugs me. Is there some sort of solution to this? I could not really find anything worthwhile on any Google searches. Thanks in advance! :fingers-crossed:

mohammedawal27

Dec 24, 2015
I have n9006 and when I type the star and hash key it Cannot display and when switch the data off it automatically switch on and I don't know what to do with the phone,I cannot use it

Top Liked Posts