Soft Brick after failed 4.3 OTA

Search This thread

captaincado

Jan 30, 2012
I've been running 4.2.2, rooted, SafeStrap'd and SuperSU. Today, I went back to stock ROM (I switch back and forth, between stock and Hyperdrive), I forgot I had rebooted during a forced update for 4.3. Well, update finished downloading, and automatically went to install, of course, with my phone, it always fails @ 29-30%. Phone went to start back up, went thru the SafeStrap and stayed at the AT&T logo. Pulled battery and went to SS, and activated Slot 2 (Hyperdrive). Phone just boot looped thru the SS and then shut off and so on and so forth. So I tried to do a factory reset, and that failed. So I tried to restore backup, in SS and that failed. I'm thinking that even though the 4.3 update failed, it somehow put enough of info, into the bootloader, to change it to a 4.3. I'm going to try to ABD MF3, then MI2 and if that fails, ML2.
Just wanted to give you a heads up....seems AT&T is hellbent on pushing this locked down update through.

Sent Via Smoke Signals

skulls13

May 4, 2013
wow

I've been running 4.2.2, rooted, SafeStrap'd and SuperSU. Today, I went back to stock ROM (I switch back and forth, between stock and Hyperdrive), I forgot I had rebooted during a forced update for 4.3. Well, update finished downloading, and automatically went to install, of course, with my phone, it always fails @ 29-30%. Phone went to start back up, went thru the SafeStrap and stayed at the AT&T logo. Pulled battery and went to SS, and activated Slot 2 (Hyperdrive). Phone just boot looped thru the SS and then shut off and so on and so forth. So I tried to do a factory reset, and that failed. So I tried to restore backup, in SS and that failed. I'm thinking that even though the 4.3 update failed, it somehow put enough of info, into the bootloader, to change it to a 4.3. I'm going to try to ABD MF3, then MI2 and if that fails, ML2.
Just wanted to give you a heads up....seems AT&T is hellbent on pushing this locked down update through.

Sent Via Smoke Signals

did you get a fix.att is being a real pain in the ars:(

captaincado

Jan 30, 2012
The closest I want to get to ML2 is to use most of ML2's files, but use MI2's boot loader.

Sent Via Smoke Signals

Top Liked Posts