AT&T E980 finally getting official kitkat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Wired_In

Nov 28, 2011
I don't use the phone anymore except for development - so I keep getting "your phone is not registered yet". There is no sim in there.

Last edited:

sanumaj

Aug 22, 2010
He we go ?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

FINALLY!!!!

A good update for the guys still with stock ROM, for the rest check out the thread on installing the E988 on the ATT E980 using a simple CWM restore, much more convenient and very close to STOCK LG SOFTWARE, Rooted, no carrier BS, NO CARRIER-IQ, Tethering Enabled etc.....

Have not been happier with the phone, will keep me going another year!

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Oh snap I got another email from ATT today. Hells yes.

Attachments

• 1400697509450.jpg
    1400697509450.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 642

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
I hope some devs will pick this up and root it, debloat it so we TMobile users can install it through recovery because only ATT customers on stock roms will see this update notification.

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Ok I just got off the phone with a nice lady over at AT&T customer support. She confirmed that the 4.4 KK started rolling out today. And that it isn't released all AT once to everyone. It is released in batches. She wasn't quite sure how they decide who gets it first.. but she assured me it is coming. And the device not registered error we are getting will go away when they push the update to your particular device. So just keep checking for updates every 24 hours.
:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

Apr 12, 2014
Bay Shore
phone not registered yet error hear as well

can someone please tell me i am not a att customer but i have a stock non rooted e980 will i still get a ota i have no idea how ota's work never been on a major us carrier thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I just got off the phone with a nice lady over at AT&T customer support. She confirmed that the 4.4 KK started rolling out today. And that it isn't released all AT once to everyone. It is released in batches. She wasn't quite sure how they decide who gets it first.. but she assured me it is coming. And the device not registered error we are getting will go away when they push the update to your particular device. So just keep checking for updates every 24 hours.
    :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
    Move it date up a day: )

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    I get this error as well - but I don't have a valid sim in there.

This is my daily so I don't think the Sim is the issue. Oh well patience is a virtue. It's a ***** too tho.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    I said my LG contact said late May. Phone not registered means ATT shutting off download in your area. They can only update so many at a time.

What will be more interesting is whether people who are rooted will be able to take the download and stay rooted. Or will download brick the phone?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I hope some devs will pick this up and root it, debloat it so we TMobile users can install it through recovery because only ATT customers on stock roms will see this update notification.

Subscribed!