[Q] Bluetooth AVRCP Control Buttons Not Working in LG Stock ROM

Search This thread

bsg273

Dec 28, 2010
Does anyone know a solution for remapping or reutilizing the Bluetooth AVRCP control buttons for a set of bluetooth headphones (LG Tone HBS-700 specifically) on the LG stock ROM? All I want is for the play/pause, forward/previous track buttons to work on my headphones with the SiriusXM app. I came from CM11 and it worked perfectly there. When SiriusXM was playing, the buttons would affect it, and so forth with other music player apps when they had control. Now that I'm back on trying stock ROM, it of course doesn't work because LG's ROM is a piece of junk. Any recommendations?

hootowlserenade

Aug 17, 2011
Michigan
App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2

Reactions: bsg273

bsg273

Dec 28, 2010
App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2

I didn't know about that app! I downloaded and installed it, and unfortunately, it isn't recognizing SiriusXM as one of the music players on my phone. :( Thanks for the suggestion though.

sgravel

Jul 1, 2008
Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but has anyone found a KK ROM with functional AVRCP play / pause support? Media Button Router is a viable alternative for me on 4.3, but does not work on 4.4. Development of the app had basically stopped from what I see... Thanks for any suggestions.

bsg273

Dec 28, 2010
Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but has anyone found a KK ROM with functional AVRCP play / pause support? Media Button Router is a viable alternative for me on 4.3, but does not work on 4.4. Development of the app had basically stopped from what I see... Thanks for any suggestions.

The only ones I ever found to work are AOSP-based, namely Cyanogenmod, but I'm sure any AOSP-based KK ROM would have fully functional AVRCP support for whatever application you're using, provided the application utilizes the system's audio player.

Reactions: sgravel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my eXposed G2

The only ones I ever found to work are AOSP-based, namely Cyanogenmod, but I'm sure any AOSP-based KK ROM would have fully functional AVRCP support for whatever application you're using, provided the application utilizes the system's audio player.