Differences Between SGH-I727 SGHI727R

Search This thread

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
I do know know most people here are American but I am looking for one thread that talks about the risk of putting a "Skyrocket ROM" in a "Galaxy S2 LTE"

1) Is it true AT&T and Rogers use the same frequencies?
2) Is it true hardware wise a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and Galaxy S2 LTE are the same?
3) General Speaking a ROM that says it is for Skyrocket change the APN and it will work with LTE? Rogers APN settings?

Many developers call their ROMs xxxxx skyrocket ROM I want to know if they need to be avoided or with a simple APN edit will they work on Canadian devices.

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
I do know know most people here are American but I am looking for one thread that talks about the risk of putting a "Skyrocket ROM" in a "Galaxy S2 LTE"

2) Is it true hardware wise a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and Galaxy S2 LTE are the same?
3) General Speaking a ROM that says it is for Skyrocket change the APN and it will work with LTE? Rogers APN settings?

Many developers call their ROMs xxxxx skyrocket ROM I want to know if they need to be avoided or with a simple APN edit will they work on Canadian devices.

The answer to all your questions is yes.

Take any ROM from this section and flash it on your I727R and it should work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

SGS2X

Nov 12, 2011
Toronto

1) Rogers LTE is on AWS (1700) while AT&T is on 700mhz. However, the phone supports both 700 and 1700 bands.
2) Yeah they're the same phones. Even the SGH-T989 and T989D are almost identical in hardware, except the LTE chip of course.
3) Pretty much

Reactions: cinetech
1) Rogers LTE is on AWS (1700) while AT&T is on 700mhz. However, the phone supports both 700 and 1700 bands.
2) Yeah they're the same phones. Even the SGH-T989 and T989D are almost identical in hardware, except the LTE chip of course.
3) Pretty much

Actually the t989 has the lte chip. Its just disabled by software

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011

Have you tried to flash the ODIN tar of Rogers JB into an i727 skyrocket ?
You might change your answer after doing so..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3) Pretty much